Saturday, May 21, 2011

I thought I was getting my husband back.....

.....but I was incorrect!  Just when you think rugby is over you remember that there is still 7's.  My poor husband has to get up at 6:30 every morning for practice and then works all day, followed by night practice and he usually gets home at 9:00.  He is so exhausted and sore every night.  He is like a machine and I just don't know how he does it!

On Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and it was just lovely and then I went straight to the gym.  I met Blake that night at Costco.  We finally decided to become members at Costco, I feel like such an adult now!  I know this may be a very hard thing because Costco has WAY too much awesome stuff, but we are totally stoked!  We met Nicole, Mikko, the kids, Grammy and Sandy for dinner at Rumbi's and ice cream at Coldstone.

On Tuesday I worked out in Centerville and then went to the Gold's out in Bountiful.  That night my mom and I went to a shower for a girlfriend I grew up with, Allie Harling.  We pulled up and there were no cars.  We started laughing and went home to look at the invitation again......typical Kathy and Rylee....the shower was actually on Thursday.  We decided to take advantage of our evening together and grab a bite at Gepettos.  It was SO fun.  The live music there can't be beat and the food is always amazing, I swear their chef salad with blue cheese can't be beat!  Eddie dropped Sadie off with us because my mom was watching her that night.  She loved the music and we all had so much fun!

On Wednesday I worked at Johansens and then went to Golds.  I met up with Ashlee Smith (a friend from dental hygiene) after for dinner at Cafe Rio.  We ended up being there almost 2 hours.  She is such an awesome friend and I always love catching up with her!  Blake and I got home right around the same time.  Thank goodness for awesome girlfriends to keep me occupied while my husband is MIA.  On Thursday I went to the gym and then watched Sadie all day while Whitney went to meetings.  We stopped at the library and got some movies and books and then went Sandy's to play with Meredith and Izzy.  It was so funny to watch them all together.  Sadie was seriously in heaven she absolutely idolizes Meredith!  Cute Pres took us all, along with Lindsay to lunch at Sharon's Cafe.  The girls were surprisingly good for us!  I brought Sadie back to our apt after and we watched Hannah Montana, and I'm not ashamed to admit that even when she fell asleep I kept watching haha!  Whit hung-out for a bit before she took Sadie home.  When Blake got home he was out cold before he had to go back to rugby again.  My mom and I went to the real shower for Allie and it was so fun to catch up with everyone.  Being back with all the girls felt like we were back at girls camp!  I am so lucky to have grown in such a wonderful ward with such great people!  After the shower my mom and I headed right to our favorite Little America for split pea soup and blue cheese salad.  Its such a fun tradition that we started so many years ago and I always look so forward to it!

On Friday morning I went out to West Jordan to temp in an office.  It reminded my just how lucky I am to have 3 wonderful jobs that I love so much!  I went to the gym after and it felt SO good!  I am a little embarrassed to admit it but I finally caved in and I am starting Harry Potter.  I always made fun of the weirdos that read it, but Dr. Sands told me I couldn't knock it til I read it.  I hate to admit it, but it is actually pretty entertaining so far.  That night Blake and I met up with our friends Steele and Paige for Red Mango.  Our parfaits were DELICIOUS but the company was even better!  They are seriously the cutest couple and we love hanging out with them so much!

This morning I woke up early with Blake and went to the gym while he was at practice.  I made a quick Walmart run and then cleaned the house.  Blake took a power nap when he got home and I read a little more of my book.  When he woke up we got ready and then went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple.  I'm so grateful to have such an amazing husband that can be so busy with a million different things, yet still makes time to take me to the temple every month.  We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Panda Express and then went to Chelsey's wedding (a friend from work).  Her wedding was gorgeous and I want to live at the Golf Course where her reception was (Talon's Cove in Saratoga Springs).  We caught the last half of the BYU vs CAL rugby game.  We were sad BYU lost, but they looked great.  We just got home and are laying low watching some good old Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment