Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fun Bus WOOT WOOT!!!

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went to the gym.  I picked up Blake after and took him to the airport.....I've decided that is his second home!  He was going to Arizona for a business trip.  I met up with my friend Kelsi after for dinner at Jason's.  We always have great chats together!  I spent the rest of the night doing laundry and working on my grandma's scrapbook til 1 in the morning, I love these projects!  I just have to share this picture of her because I'm obsessed with it, how cute is she!!!!!
    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  Thank goodness Blake's trip wasn't long and I got to pick him up at the airport!  We went out for an AMAZING dinner at Settebello's.  I found this gem thanks to my brother-in-law Eddie, who served a mission in Italy.  The make true authentic Italian pizza and it is to die.  I don't ever eat pizza, but I pound an entire pizza when I go there!  When we got home we watched Soul Surfer (one of my favorite movies ever) and I worked on the scrapbook.
    Friday I went running and then went to a training for my new job, Sealants for Smiles.  It was so fun to meet at the hygienists.  I think this is going to be a perfect fit and I cannot wait!!!  After I met Blake at home and we got ready for his big birthday bash in Wendover.  I can't even begin to explain how hilarious and fun our adventure was.  We knew the minute we got to the Fun Bus bus stop that we were in for a treat, most white trash crowd ever haha!  The first bus that came was full and we barely fit on the second bus....apparently this is quite the popular trip!  We didn't have seats together, but thanks to my whimpering a sleeping man woke up and moved for us.
On the way down we got free drinks and played BINGO, it was great!  
We arrived and went straight to the free buffet, which was phenominal.  
After we checked out some of the tables and got our freebies ($5 slot play, $5 cash back and $2 table play).  We went to our show, Bill Engvall.
We were laughing our butts off, he is so dang funny!  The time flew by and before we knew it the show was over.  We went to the Peppermill after and played Blackjack at a $3 table.  We didn't play with much but it kept us very entertained for 2 hrs and we got free drinks!  In the end I lost $2 and Blake was up $2.....but spenders baby!  We caught the bus and tried really hard to sleep, unfortunately we weren't too successful.  We didn't get home til 2 am.......to no sheets on the bed, WHOOPSIES!  Somehow we managed to get sheets on the bed and crashed hard!
    Saturday morning I woke up and worked on Grandma's scrapbook and then got ready for boating.  We went up to Rockport with Blake's fam and Ida.
A cute girl from Blake's mission that is staying with Blake's parents.  She came 2 years ago when Blake and I were first starting to date.  She kept telling us she knew we'd get married and we just laughed at her, guess she was right :)  We LOVE her so much and it was great to see her again!
Nicole and her cute kids came, I love holding baby Parker!
 Parker loves being on the boat with momma!
 Merdi loved surfing with Pres!
 So did Mikko
 All the boys surfing
 Izzy tried surfing and lept out of Preston's arms......telling Nana how Preston did it haha
 Pepst and Baypes have way too much fun together!
 Merdi learning to drive
 Mikko trying the kid skis
 Merdi wanted to try until she got out there.....
 She thought it would help if uncle Blake came out too, but she was still so nerbous!
 But she still loved surfing!
 Izzy LOVED to be in the water as long as the boat wasn't moving
 Mikko got up on the wakeboard, that kid is AMAZING!  He even went in and out of the wake.  He was very proud of himself, rightfully so!
We spent a fantastic day at the lake and were starving when we finally got off the lake at 9.  We hurried over the Baja Cantina and had a delicious dinner!
    This morning we did laundry and made cookies for our Sunday school class.  Ida came to church with us and now we are all watching Teen Mom, showing her how classy us Americans are haha!  She leaves tomorrow to go study guitar in Mazatlan, Mexico for 6 mon.  We wish we could have spent more time with her and we hope she comes again soon!
  

1 comment:

  1. The Wendover getaway looks like way too much fun! You guys are such party animals! :) p.s. I LOVE Settabellos! How have we not talked about this before?!? Let's go! Date Night!!

    ReplyDelete