Monday, August 29, 2011

2 week catch-up

    I was crazy busy last week trying to finish my grandma's scrapbook in time to get a killer deal.  Blake was SO sick of me doing nothing but that darn book, but finally I am done and back to real life!  I have a few things to catch up on because we've still been going about 100 mph.
  
I'll start where I left off last, Sunday, August 14.  After church we went to a goodbye dinner for Ryan at the Bailey's.  Thretton came too and it was great to see him, we've missed him so much now that football is keeping him so dang busy!
Ryan got a killer job in California working for Fox Sports.  We are super excited for him, but will miss him.  We know he'll do an amazing job!  Of course we will still being stopping by to visit Rich and Lori!  No better way to go out than with a classic game of croquette on the Bailey's famous grass, such a perfect evening!
  
  Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and he took us all out to lunch at Cancun Cafe, sooo yummy!  That night Blake and I went out to Nicole's for our FHE/Bachelor Pad night.  We had a great Pei Wei dinner and laughed our butts of at our fav show!
  
  Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  I met up with some girlfriends from dental hygiene school for dinner at Rumbi's.  It's always fun to go to dinner with people who actually get your work stories, they laugh at the correct moments and get mad with you at the right moments haha!  After I went to get a touch-up on some laser hair removal.........BAD idea.  It usually is a little uncomfortable, but bearable......not this time.  I think it may have been that it is summer time, but WOW that was torture!!!!!
  
  Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then Blake and I had a date night at Zupas and ran some errands.
  
  Thursday I worked on my grandma's scrapbook forever!  I ran to her house to visit for a bit and to get some more old photos to add into my book.  I went in for my 4 month ring check and clean and then met Whit at the gym.  I packed a bag when I got home and then Blake and I were off to Bear Lake.  We went with Pres and Sandy's singles ward to help Pres with the boat.  A girlfriend from work, Tanisha, is in their ward and she came with her brother in our car too.  It was super fun getting to know her better that weekend, she is just fantastic!
  
  Friday morning we went for an early run and it was FREEZING!!!
I could not believe people were actually getting in the water, I would not take off my sweats for any amount of money!  Blake had a lovely slalom run.
Poppa P got up on 2 and then dropped a ski
By mid afternoon I finally got in to ski and wore a sweet snorkel mask!
When we got back to the cabin I still couldn't warm up so I decided to go for a run and it warmed me right up and felt so good!  We played a mean game of volleyball and then headed to dinner at Bear Belly BBQ.  We ran to say hi to the Bailey's at their cabin super quick and then it was off to Pickleville Playhouse.  They have a show that is TO DIE for.  They use the same character each time, Juanito Bandito, and he is sooooo hilarious!
We laughed our heads off the entire show.  We were so exhausted when we finally got back to the cabin.
  
  Saturday morning we slept in a bit because it was a bit windy and not worth an early morning run.  We took the boat out for a couple runs, played paddle ball, got massages and then cleaned everything up.  On our way home it started pouring rain and I was freaking out because our friends Eric and Aubrey were having an outdoor wedding.  Thankfully things finally cleared up and they had a gorgeous wedding reception in Eric's backyard.  After we went to Scott and Lindsay's new house and Blake helped the boys put in a huge window.  We were starving after and ran to Apollo for a late dinner.
 
   Sunday I basically worked on my grandma's scrapbook ALL day.  We had dinner at my parents with my fam and I still worked on the book after dinner!
    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands, went to the gym and then grabbed some groceries at Walmart.  We spent the rest of the night at Nicole's.  We had some yummy dinner, played with the kiddos, and watched Bachelor Pad.

   Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then met Blake downtown.  We grabbed a fast dinner at my FAVORITE edo and then headed to the temple.  We went with Pres and Sandy's singles ward.  We haven't done a session in the temple since I took out my endowments.  It was so amazing to be back there.  I love my husband so much and love being with him in the temple!  When I got home I stayed up til the crack of dawn finishing the scrapbook for my grandma so I could order it before the deal expired!  It was soo fun to make, but I am very happy I don't have to think about it anymore!

    Wednesday I went running in the morning, worked at Dr. Johansen and then met up with Blake for dinner at Yanni's.  We went to visit Pres and J after for a while.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  I met up with some high school girlfriends for dinner at the Dodo because our cute friend Madi was in town from Alabama!  Time always flies by when we're together!  Three hours later, a baby announcement, a new boyfriend, a baby about to pop out, and lots of reminiscing it was time to go back home.  I don't know what I'd do without my girls!

    Friday morning I went to wish a girlfriend a very happy 30th.  She is basically the hottest 30 year old I know!!!  I dropped off Blake's car to get registered and then my mom picked me up and dropped me off to meet Whit at the gym.  We grabbed lunch after with Sadie and my mom too at Greek Souvlaki.  I could seriously eat Greek for every meal!  We went shopping at the mall for a bit and I went to town at Forever 21!  That night Blake and I watched Boston and Easton overnight.  They are the sweetest boys on the planet and we had SO much fun!  They both adore Blake and I love watching them together.  Easton is a total momma's boy right now and won't leave her side....unless it's for Blake.  He cries when Blake leaves the room and it is so dang cute!  We grabbed dinner at the food court and went for a ride on the carousel.
We stopped at Chuck-E-Cheese for a bit and the boys had so much fun playing games.  They have a photo booth and it costs $0.25......are you joking me?!?! I was in heaven, I love photo booth but they are never that cheap!  We took one for our fridge and for theirs!!!
After tubby time and stories it was off to bed and they went down perfectly for us!

   Saturday morning Blake went to play golf with his buddy Jimmy.  The boys woke up a bit early so we had a full day ahead of us.  I wanted to go to the gym, but obviously couldn't so I had to get creative. I started a Tae-Bo video but it was only 8 min, what the heck!  I did the next best thing, Wii Dance 2.  I did it for 45 min and they boys sat on the couch the whole time laughing at me.  It was like my own private Zumba class haha!  I told Bos to clean his room so we could go play outside and he actually did, best kid ever!  We took the wagon down to the park and played for a while.  We went back home after awhile and made lunch.  Blake got back just in time for a yummy sandwich!  We packed up everything and then headed to Deer Creek to meet up with the fam.  We had so much fun out on my fam's boat, swimming, tubing and cruising!
Yes I know I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever!!!!!
And cutest husband too:)
 Time for scooby snacks
 We had a blast on the tube!
 Sadie was a tubing nut and would not get off.....even when Nick submerged us so he could watch my mom squeal!

Such a great day!  On our way home we stopped in Orem and grabbed dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Lisa and Logan came to eat with us.  It was the first time I've seen her all summer and it was GLORIOUS!  O how I've missed my little Lisa friend!  I'm SOOO happy she's finally back, we have so much lost time to catch up on!

   Sunday morning I woke up and started to catch up on my blog.  I did laundry for a bit and then took Blake to the airport for a business trip in Colorado.  I hate when he leaves me!  I spent the rest of the day in Snowbird with my fam.  My grandparents (D) get a condo there every year for a week so we love to go visit them.  We went up to the Oktoberfest for a bit and it was fun as always.  We had a lovely Sunday dinner at the condo and Steve and Cathy even came with their kiddos.  Everyone got in the pool after....except for me, I showered and we all we can't waste showers like that haha.
I was sooo impressed with Sadie.  Last time I swam with her she wouldn't even let you splash her and now she is a total fish!  She can dive to the bottom and get dive sticks, she can jump off the edge and swim up, and she is getting pretty good at swimming!
I'm so proud of that girl!  It was a wonderful night to be together with the fam.

  Today I worked at Dr. Sands office and we got to go to Hires to celebrate Tanisha's birthday!  Love lunch dates with my offices:)!!!!  Tonight I'm going to Zumba with Whit and my mom......this should be interesting...............

No comments:

Post a Comment