Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back To Real Life At Last

    Finally this week I'm feeling like myself again.  It feels so good to wake up without headaches and nausea.  It even felt good to finally be back to house work!  So grateful we finally figured things out and got me back to healthy again!

    Tuesday night I slept really well.  When I woke up I still didn't have much of an appetite.  I was so sick of TV and just couldn't turn it on so I read a bunch of Germany travel books to help me get pumped for our trip!  I really wanted to get out of the house so Blake and I went to Costco.  It felt so good to be out of the house!  We came home and ate a little lunch.  We rented Sound Of Music for me to watch.  I was really worn out from out all the walking we'd done and I slept through most of the movie.  I woke up to a knock on the door our cute neighbors across the street had done a bunch of sidewalk chalk pictures for us.
They were so excited to show us and totally made my day!  We had some yummy teriyaki chicken for dinner and then went out front with the Lake kids and sat in our camping chairs and ate popsicles.  After the kids left we went inside and watched the Lorax, it was a super cute show.

    Thursday I was feeling good but still pretty weak and decided it was probably best to take one more day off work so I could get all my strength back.  After eating a little breakfast Blake took me on a little walk around the neighborhood.  When we got home we called Blake's friend Christian (from Germany) and talked about some trip detail, it got me really excited!  Blake took me out to lunch at Porcupine Grill and I had some delicious soup.  I almost ate the whole bowl which was a big deal for how my appetite had been the past few days.  We ran some errands and I got super car sick so we headed home.  Whit and my mom stopped by to visit for a little bit.  I gave Sadie her birthday present The Lorax (yes I watched her present before I gave it to her haha).  We painted her nails while she watched the movie and she was in total heaven!
Spencer also loved the movie and was all smiles as usual.  
We ran down to Nick and Kesha's after and he showed us his new bike he got for his birthday.  He rode all around, it was so cute!  That night Blake met Thomas at the park to play tennis, Blake's new love!  While the boys played Bre and I played with Londyn, I just love love love that little girl!  After the boys game we headed back to our house and had a lovely little BBQ.  I tried not taking any headache or nausea pills before bed.

    Friday morning I woke up and felt ok and didn't need any more pain or nausea meds, hooray!  I still couldn't finish a whole bowl of oatmeal after taking my other 8 hundred pills.  Blake took me down the street to the park and we did a few laps.  We met Kesh and the boys for lunch at Cafe Rio.  I took it easy the rest of the day.  That night we met Nick, Kesh and the boys for dinner at Dickey's BBQ.  I hadn't been there before but I thought it was pretty good.  After we went to Classic Skating so the boys could play around.  While we were paying at the counter Easton fell and hit his head on the ground.  While I was holding him trying to console him I couldn't get him to take a breath while crying next thing I knew he was out cold.  Nick got super nervous and so we called 911.  By the time help came Easton was back and seemed to be doing ok.  They still checked him and said everything looked ok.  It was pretty scary but I'm glad it ended the way it did!  The boys went in and played for a bit, Blake was in heaven!


    Saturday morning Blake went and played golf with some friends and I went for a 1 hour walk.  I wanted to run soooo bad but I promised Blake I wouldn't!  I did a few things around the house and then ran some errands.  My mom met up with me and we decided to go to City Creek.  With her taking care of my dad and me being so sick we hadn't seen much of each other so it was a much needed girls day!  We shopped til we dropped and had so much fun!  My mom is my fav shopping buddy ever!  When I got home Blake and I had some dinner and then we watched the 3 youngest Lake kids.  We took them in the wagon to get snow cones and then we grabbed some groceries for Sunday dinner.
 Making some wishes!
When we got home we all got in the hot tub.  After changing into jammies we ate snacks, watched cartoons and painted the girls nails.
They are the cutest kids ever and we had so much fun!

    This morning we slept in and then went to church.  Later tonight Scott, Lindsay, Pres and Jamyn are coming over for dinner!  Our first Sunday dinner at our house in 2 years haha, I think its about time!


1 comment:

  1. yay for blogs! i'm adding you on our blog list. Your blog is so positive and happy, I just love you guys so much!! and ps your bod looks amazing rylee!!!!!! teach me how to be like you?? yes!

    ReplyDelete