Sunday, September 23, 2012

Grandpa D's Seizure

    Sunday dinner we ate with my family at my parents house.  Grandma and pa D were there and both looked pretty good.  We had no idea what was ahead for poor Grandpa!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  That night I cooked dinner and it actually turned out , it's a miracle!!! It was a Thai noodle dish with chicken and was really tasty!  Nicole and her kiddos picked up Grammy and came to eat and hot tub.
Me and my Izzy-Busy sharing an apple off our tree!
The kids were in heaven playing in the water and we had so much fun with them!!!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's.  While at work I got a call from my mom that Grandpa D had a seizure the night before and was in intensive care.  I was worried sick all day.  I went straight to the hospital after to visit.  Blake met me there.  Grandpa was still sedated and did not look well.  I lost it as soon as I saw him, it was awful.  My cousin Danny was there too and he, along with Steve and Blake were able to give Grandpa a blessing.  We stayed for a bit and visited with my mom but I couldn't take seeing him that way for too long.  I hurried home and finished cooking dinner for the Cardalls (our cute renters) as they just had their baby.  Thankfully I'd done most of the cooking the night before so it didn't take too long!  When I took dinner down I had to get my baby fix.  WOW their little guy is one of the cutest newborns I've ever seen.  I didn't wanna give him back!!  Blake had gone to play rugby and wasn't home yet so I went for a little run.  When we both got home we had some of the enchiladas I'd made and watched Angels and Demons.

    Wednesday morning Blake went running with me before work and I was in heaven.  I worked at Dr. Johansen's after.  I went to visit with Grandpa after work and he was looking SO much better.  He was still in ICU but he was awake, smiling and talking.  I was so grateful to see him doing so much better!  That night I met up with some girlfriend (some of the Africa crew) and we went to dinner at Costa Vida.  As usual it was a dinner full of laughs, gosh I love those ladies!  When I got home Blake and I snuggled on the couch for a bit and watched tv.

    Thursday I was only working a half day so I was able to run in the morning and do a few errands.  That afternoon I met my office for lunch at Chilis for Dr. Dastrup's birthday.  We only had to work for the afternoon so that was nice.  I went to see Grandpa after work.  They had moved him out of ICU and into the regular patient room.  He was looking even better and was sitting in a chair.  He has the sweetest smile and is happy no matter what, I love spending time with him!  Blake had a flag football game that night with Preston.  Those two boys have way too much fun together.
They killed the other team and I felt so lucky to call the hottest man on the field mine!!  The boys were starving after so we grabbed dinner at Black Bear Diner.  As usual there we all ate WAAAY too much!  We all went to our house after and they watched football and hot tubbed while I tried to do some scrapbooking from Europe.

    Friday morning I went running and then did some laundry.  I met up with Grandma and Sandy at the hospital and we went to lunch at Marie Callendars.  Kesh met us there with the boys.  After lunch we went back to see Grandpa at the hospital.  The boys had made a get well card for Grandpa and he loved it!
He was in a wheelchair our in the lobby with Steve.  He needed a change of scenery from his room.  They were going to release him that evening and so Steve and Sandy had to choose a rehab center for him to go to until he is strong enough to go home.  I stayed with Grandma and pa at the hospital while they checked out a few places.  I love visiting with my grandpa and hearing his sweet laugh, he is the best!  Blake came over after work and we all hung-out for a bit.  We ran to Costco after and then met Lisa and Logan for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  So nice to finally have my best friend back in Utah!!!  Poor Lisa has been super sick with stuff very similar to my sister.  She's slowly trying to figure out what she can and can't eat so I had to help her search the menu like my sister does.  We had planned to go to a haunted house after dinner but I was freaking out a little.  It had been a 2 years since the last one I went to and I was SOOO nervous.  After debating at the table for almost a hour....and taking 4 potty breaks because I was so nervous, I finally decided I needed to suck it up and go.  We went to Strangling Brothers Haunted Circus in Draper.
It didn't take me long to remember why I used to love those sooooo much......except it was way more fun when you went with a date and didn't have to cough up the $20 admission fee WOW!  They do an amazing job and scared the crap out of me!  We couldn't stop laughing and screaming the whole time!  I loose all common sense when I'm there and act like a looney person....like when and huge heavy iron door was swinging toward me.....and I walked into it getting hit in the face with a large, heavy, metal door handle rather than putting up my hand to stop the door haha!  Lisa and I have always loved this time of year, it always makes me think of her and the good old days.  Some of our favorite memories together involve haunted house, pumpkin carving, and dressing up in the coolest costumes ever!    What a great way to kick off the fall season!

    Saturday morning I went running and then to the grocery store.  I met up with Alisha and Savannah after for an Einsteins in the park lunch date.  It was great as always, love those girls!  I went straight to a shower after for Ashlee Smith.  She is one of my good friends from hygiene school.
She is expecting twin boys in a few months and I am sooo excited for her.  Those two boys are so lucky, she is the greatest momma in the world.  It was so fun to celebrate this exciting time with her!  That night Pres, Jamyn, Scott, and Heidi came over and we watched the ASU Utah game......it was pretty pathetic.  Thank goodness I had my scrapbook to keep me entertained because it was a terrible game.

    This morning we had a nice relaxing day.  Today was the Brigham City temple dedication which was really neat to see.  They broadcast it into stake centers and you had to have a special recommend to go.  Blake and I have never been to one so I'm really grateful we were able to.  How lucky we are here in the state of Utah to have so many temples.  I love going there with my sweetheart!


No comments:

Post a Comment