Tuesday, October 2, 2012

2 Year Anniversary

    This past weekend we celebrated our 2nd anniversary so I got a little behind on the blog.  I still can't believe it's been 2 years.  The time has flown but at the same time I can barely even remember what life was like before Blake.  He is my everything and I'm so lucky to have him in my life.  I couldn't dream of a better person to spend forever with!  

    Starting back where I left of on the last post.  That Sunday evening my fam was exhausted from all the craziness with Grandpa.  None of us had food and so we decided to grab dinner at Black Bear Diner.  It was super yummy!  After dinner everyone came over to our house to see our cute coo-coo-clock and to try some of our yummy apples!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  That night I made a super yummy lemon pasta.  It was a Jillian Michaels recipe made with Greek yogurt so not only was it tasty, it was also super healthy woot woot!  Apparently I'm not as fun as Preston is to watch Monday night football with so we headed to Preston and Jamyn's to watch the game.  Blake and his brother love football oh so much, and it's a great excuse to get the fab 4 together!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to the gym.  That night we met up with Thomas, Bre and Londyn for dinner at Porcupine Grill.  Blake came straight from rugby and Pres came to join for din din too.  It was a yummy dinner with great company.

    Wednesday morning I went running before work and then worked at Dr. Johansens.  When I got home from work I used a bunch of our apples from our tree and made an apple pie (look at me be a little homemaker).  That night we had a family party at Pres and Sandy's to welcome them home from their trip.  They stayed in Europe another 2 weeks after us.  Most of the family hadn't seen them in a month and so we were all dying to see them!  It was super fun to see everyone.  Those kids just make me smile!  Blake and Preston were dying to give Parker a Kiwi cut (a special rugby haircut).  He looked awesome!!!!
 These cute girls are all best friends!
 This boy LOVES his uncle bake!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's office and then went to the gym.  I went straight to Blake's flag football game after.  He and Pepst had a blast!
 BFFs
 After the game we went home and grilled teriyaki chicken and pineapple....my fav mmmmmmmmm!

    Friday morning I went running and then did a bunch of things around the house....including Halloween decoration...YAY I LOVE LOVE LOVE holidays:)!
When Blake got home from work we loaded up the car and headed to Park City for our anniversary.  I planned last year so this year was his turn and he definitely did NOT disappoint!!!  We stayed at Hotel Park City in the Cottages.  It was a dreamy stay.  Our room had a hot tub, 2 fireplaces and was amazing!  
 For dinner that night he took me to Ruth's Chris.  I have always wanted to try that place and was so excited to finally get a chance!  Wow I see why everyone loves it so much.  Every bite was to die for.  We ate til we thought we were gonna pop!
 After dinner Blake made me close my eyes while he put my present on the table.  As soon as I saw the blue bag I got teary eyed.
 I got the ring I have been dreaming about ever since I got engaged!  I found this at Tiffany's and have tried it on everytime I walk by the store.  It looks like a string tied in a bow and there is a story behind it that makes it so special.
 When Blake and I were first dating we were at the tabernacle watching a program.  He pulled a loose string off his shirt and joking around he tied it around my finger.  I told him I'd prove how responsible I was and would never take it off til it was replaced with a diamond.  I really did keep it on til the day we got engaged......over 9 months!  During all the excitement of the engagement I lost the string and I'm still super sad about that!  I now have the perfect ring though to remind me of our sweet little story!
 We went back to our room after and got in our hot tub before falling asleep watching a movie....and sleeping in GLORIOUS!

    The next morning we had breakfast and then headed up to Kamas to go horse back riding....weird I know.  My husband loves horses WAY too much!  The leaves had all changed colors and it was gorgeous up there.  Kirt, Clark, Krystal and Kadance came with us on our ride.  After getting the horses all ready to go we rode from 11:30 til 3.  I rode my favorite horse, Red.  She behaved really well and I had so much fun.  I even ran on her and loved it!
 We rode up to a high view point to look out on the beautiful trees.  We went on to the lake and then headed back.  I'm still not a total cowgirl like the husband but I will say I did have a lot of fun!  Blake is convinced horse back riding is now our anniversary tradition......he forgets who is planning next year!!!
 When we got back to our hotel Pres met us to go hot tubbing.  It was great weather and we stayed out there til dark.  We went back to our place and got ready and then walked to Squatters for dinner, so yummy!

    The next morning we slept in and then spent the afternoon at the pool.  We had a late lunch at Baja Cantina.  My hubby loves his strawberry daquiris!
 I have always wanted to golf and so Blake decided it was a perfect day to try.  We played nine hole at Park City Golf Course (our hotel was on the course).  It was perfect weather and we had so much fun.  He was so patient with me and I had a blast!  That will definitely not be my last try!
 I was sooo sad our amazing weekend was over.  I love spending time with my man and hate when we have to go back to reality.  What an amazing life we have together.  We drove over Guardsman's and met the Miller fam at Brighton to walk around Silver Lake and have a picnic.  It was gorgeous and we had lots of fun being all together!
 I love spending time with these cute kiddos!
 Dinner time!
 We were all out of town on Meredith's birthday so we had cake and sang for her...she was in heaven!
All the adorable kids!  Our poor babies are gonna have some MAJOR competition in the cuteness department!
 Even Thretton came!!!!  We lub him!
 We all headed to Nicole's after to watch football and have some good chats.  That night I found out my Grandpa went back to the hospital and wasn't doing well.  It's so hard to get old and deal with loved ones suffering.  I love that man soooo much and it kills me to imagine life without him.  He is the greatest grandpa in the world!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands.  I had a few patients cancel and so I was able to run to the hospital and spend some time with Grandpa.  He had a urinary tract infection that had gone to his brain and so he was really out of it and couldn't really talk.  I just sat there and held his hand and talked to him while we smiled at me.  I could tell he recognized me and was so happy to have a familiar face with him.  After work I went to the gym and then went home and made a delicious dinner, chicken artichoke lasagna.  I'm slowly getting better and better at cooking woot woot.  Blake and I both loved it and had seconds!  We both went to visit grandpa after.  Whit, Eddie and the kids were there too and it was fun to be all together.  Grandpa had been on antibiotics for a long time and was starting to get a little better. Still not talking full sentences and only making sense a small part of the time.  Again he just wanted to hold our hands, see our faces and hear our voices.  I don't think you could find a sweeter man on the planet!
 Or a happier one!  Through all this he hasn't stopped smiling for one minute, he is the best!
 I hate saying goodbye but he was getting sleepy and needed to get some rest.  We went to visit Pres, Sandy, Preston and Jamyn for a bit before heading home.

    Today I worked at Dr Johansens and then went to the gym.  After the gym I headed to the hospital to visit Grandpa.  A lot of the fam was there and it was so fun to be together.  Grandpa is doing better each time we see him but still has a long way to go.  Les came to town to spend a few night with Grandma and so I told her they should come over for dinner.  Whit, my mom and Sadie came too, it was a party!  We had a delicious steak dinner!  I love my fam and it was so fun to be all together.
 Les got some cute pics from the hospital that I had to get from her!  These 2 are the cutest pair you will ever meet.  They love each other more than anything in the world.  No matter how sick Grandpa got he ALWAYS knew who "momma" was.  He lights up when he sees her.....and even set off one of his monitors when she kissed him haha!  This was when they had to say goodbye at the end of the night.  He didn't mind saying goodbye to any of us but got very teary after kissing her goodbye.  All he wants is to be next to her every minute.  I hope Blake and I have such a great relationship someday!
 This is Grandpa, Uncle Steve, Matt and Grandpa's latest great-grandbaby, Logan Donald Davis.  A 4 generation picture.
A cute pic of my momma and her daddy!
It has been quite an eventful week full of highs and lows.  I am grateful for my family, especially my sweet husband and grandpa!



No comments:

Post a Comment