This week my mom Whit and I were able to spend a fun weekend together celebrating Mothers Day. The 3 of us have been partners in crime for so many years. All growing up the 3 of us would travel anywhere and everywhere together. We've had so many fun memories together and it's been WAY too long since our last trip now that life has gotten so busy. Lynne and Sara Carlquist have lived across from my family on Keddington Lane for over 30 years and Lynne is one of my mom's dearest friends. She retired and they moved down to St George a little over a month ago. My mom was SO sad to see them leave but it was a great move for them. Every year a group of Lynne and my mom's friends go to Zions over Mothers Day weekend, they've been doing it over 15 years. We decided we needed to join in this year and we are SO glad we did!
Last Sunday night Nicole invited us out for dinner. We had fun playing with the cute kids all night!
Monday I worked at Focus. After work I went to the gym and then met Blake at home. I had planned a fun date night for us and he had no clue what we were doing. He'd had a VERY stressful couple of weeks a needed a break so I wanted to do something really nice for him. We went to dinner at Zupas and then went to get massages. We are both a little obsessed with getting massages and it has been way way too long! We were both in heaven and only wished it could have lasted a little longer!
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to the gym. That night we went to a benefit concert at Hillside Middle School. Peter Breinholt and Abe Kaelin (my piano teacher ) performed and were amazing! I was in heaven the whole time! After the show we went to get Red Mango, mmmm!
Wednesday morning I went to the gym and then to work at Dr. Johansens. I went straight to young womens after. We had it a couple hours earlier because I had a bridal shower that night. We worked on a Sunday school lesson because the girls were helping teach primary that Sunday. We had a lot of fun together and I think their lesson will be great! I went straight to Leslie's wedding shower that night. She and I went to Africa 4 years ago and I ADORE her! Her husband is sooo lucky, she is such an amazing girl and no one makes me laugh quite like she can. Her shower was so fun and the food was out of this world. Look what a gorgeous bride she is haha!
Our Africa friends love ANY excuse to get together!
This is really what we're like when we get togerher......
Thursday I worked at Focus and then hurried home to pack. Blake dropped me at my mom's house. I was sad to say goodbye to him but I was also really excited to our girls weekend. A bunch of my mom's friends go to Zions every year over Mothers Day weekend. We decided last minute that it had been WAY too long since our last girls trip and so Whit, my mom and I hit the road. We stopped by Nick and Kesha's quick so the boys could give Grandma a flower and a treat for Mothers Day. They are the sweetest boys. We couldn't leave without some baby girl time with Payten! Finally we hit the road around 7:30. We had a great drive and kept ourselves laughing the whole time. We finally stopped in Fillmore to grab some dinner. We ran to the gas station first to go potty (the inside of the restaurant was closed, only the drive thru was open). When we walked out to the car this is what we saw....
Good thing we all have a good sense of humor.....stories like this occur all too often when the 3 of us are together! The tales we could tell of the Adventures of the Scott girls! Luckily Whit has AAA and so we called them to rescue us (Blake taught me how to change a tire but Kath didn't trust me.....given my usual luck that is probably a good choice haha). Since it was Whit's card she had to be out in the freezing with the man while he fixed our tire. Kath and I enjoyed some gas station food and giggles in the warm while Whit took care of business.
After putting our tire in the back instead of the donut tire we couldn't fit everything back in the back so poor Whit was basically scrunched in a tiny ball the rest of the drive, best sport ever!
We finally hit the road but it was getting pretty late. We stopped twice to check out some hotel but they were all too sketchy and decided against it. I had to drive because my mom and Whit are good for nothing when they are tired (even though Kath had chugged a diet coke and a Rock Star). It was a tough drive but thankfully we made it to Lynne's safe and sound.
Friday morning cute Sara was so pumped to come see us. She was sweet enough to let my mom and I sleep in her bed. She is the cutest and it was so fun to see her. There is only one Sara Carlquist and everyone that knows her absolutely adores her! My mom dropped Whit and I off at the trail to rollerblade and she took the car to get new tires put on. When she got back we headed off to get my favorite lunch, Orange Peel:)!
We spent the rest of the afternoon cooking food for dinner that night. We headed to Zions around 4, checked into our hotel, The Bumbleberry Inn, and then went to the campground. We had a yummy dinner and then sat around the campfire chatting and laughing with all their friends.
At the campground with Lynne and Sara
The next morning we got up early and headed to hike Observation Point. We all started the hike together but spilt up part way through so everyone could go at their own pace. My mom and her best bud.....and yes my mother hike with a Rock Star in-hand the entire time haha that woman kills me!
Such gorgeous views the whole time!
Such awesome ladies!
Jona, Lynne, Kath and Marien
Our favorite part of the hike, through a little canyon
We had PERFECT weather, warm with cloud cover and a breeze!
That hike has the best view of any hike in the park! Blake went to Zions with Christian while we were there and they did Angel's Landing, we were looking down on them from our view :)
We made it! My mom is amazing, I don't any 60 year old lady who is in better shape. I hope I can be as awesome as she is someday!
We sat at the top for almost an hour enjoying the view and eating the massive picnic we packed. There was at least 10 chipmunks that were mauling us and Whit and I were squeeling the entire time, not the biggest fans of rodents!
Our favorite canyon on the way down
After our hike we walked around Springdale and looked at all the cute shops. That night we had another amazing dinner, shish-kabobs, around the campfire. Lynne and Marien performed a little show for us complete with tap shoes and everything. We were laughing our heads off!
Sunday morning we woke up early and headed off to hike Hidden Canyon. We did a girls hike with just the 3 of us for Mothers Day. None of us had done that hike before and it was really fun! It had chains in a few places like Angel's Landing.
Scott gals
Kath is terrified of heights but did great!
After our hike we packed up our stuff and then headed to the campgrounds to say goodbye to our friends. We grabbed a bite to eat at Oscars before we left. That might be my new favorite restaurant, if you are ever in Zions you HAVE to eat there! We headed to the freeway and met Blake and his parents there. My cute husband had a bouquet of flowers waiting for my momma for Mothers Day, he is the cutest! Kath and my mom headed to SLC and I stayed in St George with Blake and his parents. What a perfect girls weekend. I love those two ladies more than I can even explain. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and don't know what I'd do without them. We definitely need to make trips like this happen more often! Blake and I spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool and then we had a BBQ at the condo with Pres and Sandy. After dinner we went for a bike ride and had a blast.
I've had so much fun this Mothers Day reflecting on all the mothers in my life. My own mother is the strongest woman I know and no one can make me laugh quite like she can.
My sweet mother-in-law is the most selfless woman and I've had so much fun traveling the world with her.
My amazing sister and sister-in-laws are my best friends and have taught me so much about how to be a good mom.
My grandmas and Grammy have taught us all so much and care so much about us all.
I have so many wonderful examples in my life and I love and adore them all. How did I ever get so lucky?!?! Happy Mothers Day to everyone!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment