Sunday, May 19, 2013

St. George, Wedding Fun and Moving

    Monday we were still in sunny St. George and loving every minute!  The boys were nice enough to let the girls come along golfing at Corral Canyon.....as long as we promised not to talk in their backswing!
 They didn't let us ride together........we have to much fun chatting together!
 The boys are pros!
Me on the otherhand...........bless my heart
 These two are in heaven on the golf course
 Blake beat his dad and won $3, I couldn't be more proud:)
 We played 18 holes.  I had a lot of fun, but in the St. George sun I think 9 holes is perfect for me!  It was fun spending the day with this handsome boy though!
 We went to lunch after at a cute little place called Camilles.  You'll never guess what we got after, ORANGE PEEL haha shocking I know!  We spent the rest of the day lounging at the pool, devine!  Sandy was reading a book by the pool about the murders of Mark Hoffman.  A dear friend of ours, Katie, was a victim of one of the crimes.  Her mother was killed by a bomb and her poor dad went through a lot of awful trials and was torn apart by the media.  It's a story I've heard bits and pieces of my whole life but this biography was so interesting.  Sandy read it aloud to us and we were all captivated for hours, such a sad story!  Next thing we knew it was nine and we were all starving so we headed over to Pizza Factory for a late dinner.

    Tuesday morning the boys wanted to golf again and Sandy and I decided we wanted to have a girls day instead.  We headed over to my favorite trail and biked and rollerbladed, we had so much fun!
 She has the funniest seat on her bike.  It's called a SurfASS and it is the size of a couch haha!  It hilarious but also ridiculously comfy!
 We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for long shorts for me.  You wouldn't believe how hard long shorts are to find!  We live in Utah people, it really shouldn't be so difficult to find cute cloths you can still wear your garments with!!!!  We didn't find a single pair buuuuut we found some cute pants and this lovely swimsuit cover-up!
 After grabbing an Orange Peel we spent the rest of the day soaking up the sun.  I laid my lounge chair in the pool and laid out (probably one of my top 10 favorite things to do), unfortunately you can only do it when there is no one in the pool.  We were so sad when it was time to leave but we were glad we got to spend the extra few days in St. George!  Pres read the book about Gary Sheets to us the entire way home and we were all captivated!

    We got home pretty late, so waking up Wednesday morning to go to the gym before work was a little rough!  I worked at Dr. Johansen's office and then headed up Millcreek Canyon with Blake to go to Leslie's wedding.  She was one of my girlfriends I went to Africa with.  Talk about a gorgeous wedding!  One of the most gorgeous venues I've been to!  Les was stunning and looked so happy!  I love weddings sooo much!
My Africa ladies
Never a dull moments with the gals

    Thursday I worked at Focus and then went to the gym.  Blake had a football game that night and so I was able to work an undercover project for the fam.

    Friday I went to the gym, got my teeth cleaned and then Blake and I spent the rest of the day at Nick and Kesha's house to help them move.  I'm so excited they were able to sell but it's a little bittersweet.  That cute house has a lot of memories for all of us.  They moved in right after Boston was born and all the boys have grown up there.  They're going to stay with my parents for a bit until they find a house.  Blake and I are keeping our fingers crossed that the stay out close by us!!!!  We didn't eat dinner at 9:30.  We went to Johanna and it felt good to relax and eat some good food.  I spent most of dinner snuggling sweet little Payten.

    Saturday morning I went to the gym and then Blake and I went back to help Nick and Kesh again.  It's amazing how much work moving is.  I hope we don't have to do that again for a LONG time!   We went home around 3 to shower and get ready for my recital.  My whole family showed up to an empty building.......my teacher forgot to let me know it got reschedule due to rain....whoopsies!  We headed to Canyon Inn to pick up Lola.  Ang and Trevor were going to a fundraiser party and so we got to watch Lola.  AHHH I love that sweet girl, she is just too dang cute!  We went to dinner with Pres and Sandy at Sawadee.  Sandy's best friend from childhood, Lisa, was in town so she and her niece and family joined and we had so much fun.  Lola was an angel at dinner and we had a great time chatting with everyone!
Sandy, Amanda (Lisa's niece) and Lisa
 Us with Lola
 She was smiley all night and we didn't wanna put her to bed b/c we were having too much fun!
We might have kept her up a little past her bedtime....and then just held her on the couch when she fell asleep!  She is just too much fun!

    This morning we walked to church, it was gorgeous outside!  After church we walked out and it was raining so we hitch hiked home with the Lakes!  Sandy brought Lisa over after church to see our house and then my visiting teachers stopped by.  Now we're getting ready to head back to Nick and Kesha's.  It's been another busy week full of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment