Sunday, November 3, 2013

Trying to get back to normal.....

    Monday I thought it was back to the grind.....oh I was so wrong.  I went back to work thinking it would be just fine.  It was a rough day to say the least.  My legs were definitely not ready and I felt it big time.  When I got home from work I was in serious pain, my knees were swollen like balloon the the bruising was all down my legs.  
My sweet husband said it wasn't optional, I had to find a temp for work the next day.  Lisa and Logan came down with the babe that night to hangout and eat dinner, it was really fun.  I can't get over that sweet baby girl, I just love her!
 Lisa gave me this sweet shower cap because I was so jealous of hers!  Yep we keep it classy!

    Tuesday it was nice to stay off my legs and keep them iced and elevated!  That night it was Eddie's birthday and so we celebrated at Pizzeria Limone.  It was a great night but I was still in a lot of pain and my stomach was killing so I was a bit out of it.  I still wasn't doing too hot so Blake said I should find another temp and give my legs another day of recovery.

    Wednesday morning Blake and I went to my 1 week surgery follow-up.  They said I looked ok but that it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the rest of the week off due to the amount of swelling I had.  They finally gave me these sexy sleeves to wear, they really did help a ton!
 They also suggested I do a little bit of physical therapy.  I went home and relaxed with my legs up the rest of the day.  Mentally I was DONE being lazy and along....I went a little stir crazy to put it lightly.  I couldn't wait until Blake was off work.  I went to watch his flag football game.  It was a bit chilly but felt nice to be out in the fresh air.  After we went to dinner with Pres and Jamyn at Brick Oven.  I hadn't had much of an appetite in a while but their chicken noodle soup definitely hit the spot!

    Thursday was Halloween and my sweet family took good care of me.  They knew I couldn't handle another day alone so Whit invited me over for the day.  I still couldn't do much but lay with my legs elevated with ice, but the change of scenery was much needed.  Whit watched Payten and Easton in the morning and then Kesh stayed for a while when she came to pick up the kids.  The kids were a PERFECT distraction and I was in heaven!  Whit and I watched movies together the rest of the afternoon and had a great day!  I headed home before Blake got off work.  We snuggled up the rest of the night and watched a movie and handed out candy to trick-o-treaters.  We had SO many it was a blast.  We met some more fun neighbors and I LOVE seeing all the cute costumes! Here's some pics of the cute niece and nephew costumes:
Sadie was Rapunzel
 Eleni was an owl
 Haven was a cat
 The Laitinen family was Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and pirates
Everyone looked awesome!  I love Halloween soooo much!

   Friday morning I had my first physical therapy and it went really well.  I was exhausted when I got home!  I relaxed the rest of the day.  That night we bought Monsters University,  I was so pumped b/c I got to ride this baby at the store!  It had always been on my bucketlist to ride one!
 Nicole, her kids, Pres and Jamyn came over to watch it with us.  It was a really fun night!!!

    Saturday we got a call from my mom that Grandpa D wasn't doing well.  They put him on hospice and only expected a few more days, so we headed up to see him.  He hasn't been doing well for a while but it's never easy to say goodbye to loved ones.  It's also really tough to see my mom.  I can't imagine losing a parent.  She was always a daddy's girl, they were very close.
 He is an amazing man and I have learned so much from him.  I have always loved my Grandpa D soooo much!
One of my favorite things about him was the way he treated my Grandma, like a queen.  They've been sweethearts since the day they met and their love has never faded!
Grandpa looked better that day than I'd seen in a while.  He was clean shaven, in fresh cloths and was sleeping, he looked very peaceful.  It was nice to be able to spent some time with him.  After Blake and I left we grabbed some lunch and then headed to the storage garage to get some more furniture from Blake's parents, they're the best!  When we got home Sandy helped me make some Roht Kohl (a German dish) for ward party.......and by help I mean she did everything while I sat on my butt with ice on my knees.....what would we ever do without family?!? 
My cute German boy ready for our party!
 The party was really fun and we met a lot of new people!

   Today we went to our new ward and now we're heading off to see Grandpa again.  I'm attempting to go back to work this week, hopefully things will go better this week than last!

No comments:

Post a Comment