I'm slightly behind so I have a little catching up to do. I wasn't able to blog last week because I was in St. George for Easter and didn't have my computer and there is no time during the week to blog, so here's a little 2 week catch up started where my last blog left off (Monday, April 18)
On Monday I worked at my new job again, Dr. Sands, which I am still loving! I have started taking gym cloths with me to work so I can go straight there from work because once I get home it's just to hard to get to the gym. After the gym I got dressed up like an Easter bunny and gave blake his Easter basket, too bad he doesn't like chocolate much........ After we went to Outback and had a fun dinner together.
On Tuesday I worked out in Centerville and then drove to Lehi to get my hair done (and yes I have to drive all the way to Lehi because she is the only one I trust to do my hair!) Afterwards I met up with my best friend Lisa for one last HURRAH before she left me. We went lingerie shopping for her sisters bridal shower and then got our favorite Red Mango. I love her so much and I am so sad she is leaving me for the summer to go to DC. I will admit I got a little teary eyed leaving her house because I am going to miss her soooo much but I know she'll have so much fun!
On Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen (I know my schedule sounds a bit confusing, but at least it keeps me on my toes!) I went straight to the gym after. That night my sweet husband took me out for a delicious dinner at Asian Star and then to see the new movie Rio.
Blake had a rugby tournament that weekend, so I went to St. George with my fam for Easter. I had a lot of fun, but it wasn't the same without my hot man! I love being with him and hate when we can't be together! On Thursday morning I went to the gym and then my mom picked me up and we headed for sunny St. George. When we got there we headed straight to the outlets and got some killer deals! We grabbed dinner at the Parrothead and then went to see Soul Surfer, which was seriously the best movie I'd seen in a LONG time!!! To end the perfect day I had to have some Spoon Me:)
On Friday morning mom and I went on our favorite trail. I rollerbladed because my knee is still acting up a bit. Nick, Kesh and I went to the tennis courts and had so much fun. Blake and I finally have our own rackets and I can't wait to play this summer! The girls went shopping again and while the boys kayaked the river and then we met up for dinner at a little BBQ joint. We spent the rest of the night by the pool.
It was GORGEOUS down there! How cute is Easton in his new hat!
My cute nephews Easton and Boston enjoying the hot tub

On Saturday morning we went to an Easter egg hunt out by Grandma Scotts place. As usual we were late and just barely missed the hunt haha. The kids still ended up getting a few eggs and we had a lot of fun!
After the hunt we played in some fountains. Whitney ran through with Sadie and Sadie wasn't a huge fan....
Easton and I stayed dry and so he was a happy camper!
We spent the rest of the day at the pool and then went to Texas Roadhouse (my favorite YAY!) for dinner. As you can see Sadie had a bit to much fun during her busy day, not one peep out of her the entire meal (and yes this is the floor of Texas Roadhouse).
Later that night we had some yummy shaved ice which Sadie woke right up for
And we dyed Easter eggs
I am such a kid at heart. I love all the fun holiday traditions and usually get more into than the kids!
My special egg for my hubby I was missing so badly!
Sunday morning mom and I went to the trail extra early and then helped the Easter bunny do his job. The boys and Hailee had a blast hunting for eggs!
I'm sure Blake will make sure Nick and Kesh pass these outfits down to our kids!
Nick, Kesh and I took the boys on one last bike ride along our favorite trail before we had to head home.
On Monday it was back to work again (which thankfully I enjoy everyday!) I ran to the grocery store and then out to Draper to meet my new nephew. Of course he was born the day I left town (Thursday) so I hadn't seen him yet. His name is Parker Koho Laitinen and he is ADORABLE!!!! I seriously could have held him all night long. Unfortunately Blake was sick so he couldn't come with, but I just couldn't wait one more minute!
On Tuesday I worked in Centerville and then it was straight to Golds. Blake and I went to dinner that night at a little Asian restaurant called La Cai, followed by my favorite RED MANGO! They have these new parfaits that are to die for!
On Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to Blake's rugby banquet. The seniors were honored. Blake was honored by a kid named Trevor and Blake honored Leki. It was a fun night reflecting on their great year. It's hard to believe that he is almost done with his last year of rugby, but truthfully I'm very glad because I get super nervous each time he plays! Of course after the banquet we had to get another Red Mango parfait!
On Thursday I worked out in Centerville again, ran to the gym, and then met my mom for our favorite tradition: split pea soup at Little America. She went shopping with me after to find something to give Blake for graduation.
On Friday morning I volunteered at Primary Childrens, which is always a joy. I took my car in to get the speakers looked at (they sounded just a little off and the car is still under warranty). It took forever, but it was free so I can't complain! That night Blake and I went to Tiffany Martin's wedding with Whit and Eddie. In spite of the winter weather, she looked gorgeous and I know her day was perfect! After the wedding we got sushi to go from Red Ginger. Their sushi is amazing and SOOO reasonably priced, we'll definitely be going there again soon!!! No better way to end the day then......you guessed it RED MANGO:)
On Saturday morning Blake picked me up after the gym and we went to breakfast at Millcreek Cafe. Their pancakes are to die for! We helped Pres, Sandy and Scott with some Blake's cousin's bridals. The weather was awful but the pictures still turned out fabulous due to Scotts amazing talent. The bride wanted some pictures with horses and so the Swensons let us borrow their horses and beautiful property. Blake was in charge of the horses and as you can see was in total heaven!
After the pictures we headed home to help our landlords trim back the trees (we hate the trees because they house all the bird that love to poop on my car). It ended up being a MUCH bigger project than we had initially anticipated, but it was totally worth it. 7 hours, 3 chainsaws, 7 trees, 8 trailer loads, 2 full 30yd dumpsters, 4 starving bellies, 2 FREEZING wives, and one woman full of sawdust head to toe (and yes that lucky woman was me after standing on the ladder to stabilize it while Blake used the chainsaw) later the job was finally done! We had a romantic dinner at Subway and then spent 2 hours in the bubble bath soothing our aching muscles and freezing toes.
This tree was only 50 feet tall.........
My husband loves chainsaws WAY too much!
It was a busy two weeks full of fun times!


Ry Ry, I am loving your blog :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy I found it!
yes!!! i found an even better way to stalk to my favorite couple. haha, how in the world was it cutting down a tree?? that's so cool! and rylee you are as gorgeous as ever!
ReplyDelete