Trying to catch up on a very BUSY few weeks! It feels good to finally sleep in my own bed, although my husband is already on another business trip! Summer is always so fun and full of travels, I feel so lucky to have such a fun life with an amazing man I love so much! My last post left-off on Tuesday night May 31. Blake had already left and I crawled into bed alone that night and found a sweet note from my cute husband that made me feel like a million bucks!
Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went downtown to see my niece Meredith's dance recital.
She was for sure the cutest one out there and did so good! She is a total diva and wanted to take pictures in cool poses not smiling haha she cracks us up!
After the recital we all went to dinner at Squatters for Nana's (Sandy) birthday. I hurried home after and packed my bag.
I got up early the next morning and ran to the gym and then Pres and Sandy picked me up and we headed to the airport to finally see Blake in Philadelphia for his 7's Rugby National Championship. I was soooo excited! Our flights took forever but made for some excellent reading time! I finished the 3rd Harry Potter and 1st Hunger Games book, ah they are both so good! We arrived after midnight so Blake was already asleep:( I woke up early and went to the gym. We went to practice with the boys in the morning. They were able to practice on the roof of an elementary right next to the hotel because one of their awesome coaches was able to sweet talk the janitor and principle into letting the boys use the field. All the other teams were so jealous because the practice field was 30 min away! It was awesome!
After practice the boys had a pump-up talk from Serevi, who apparently is like the Michael Jordan of rugby. The boys were so stoked to meet and chat with him!The boys were supposed to take it easy the rest of the night so Sandy, Pres and I spent the rest of the day sight-seeing. That city is so full of history and is adorable! I'd kill to go back again and be able to spend more time shopping and trying all the fun little restaurants! Here we are at the Liberty Bell:
And at Betsy Ross' house:
We met up with the boys after and watched X-men. It was definitely not my kind of movie, but all I cared about was that I got to sit next to my hot boy and hold his hand!I went to the gym extra early Saturday morning and then Pres, Sandy and I followed the bus to the Stadium for the start of the tournament. Sevens rugby is played with 7 players on 7 players and they play 7 minute halves. It is very fast paced and extremely high-energy. This championship was a huge deal and the games were televised on NBC and Versus. The city had billboards and banners everywhere. Utah won last year and Blake was the captain, so he was interviewed and shown on TV and on the Jumbo-tron a lot and it was SO fun to be there and be a part of it all!
We got to watch games all day long and it was SO entertaining and fun.
I made this sweet shirt and wore it both days. I got so many comments on it!
Our first game was a little bit of a bummer. We lost to Dartmouth (who ended up winning the entire thing) 12-17. It was a sad way to start the tournament, but it was a bit of a reality check for the boys. Not only can my man own people on the field, he is also an AMAZING kicker and was 10 for 12 on his kicks!
Our next games were much happier, beating Boston College 17-5, and Notre Dame 21-17. As you can see Blake was pretty happy after winning 2 in a row. The boys were completely exhausted at the end of the day! We went back to the hotel and ate dinner and then I gave Blake a super long massage, poor thing was SO sore!
Sunday morning I hit the gym again super early and then we drove back to the stadium. We missed the bus leaving and had to depend on our smart phone GPS........we ended up in New Jersey haha! 2 bridges and 1 toll road later we made it to the stadium. Our first game was against the dreaded CAL. They are always the #1 rugby team and usually kill EVERYONE! I had the worst butterflies all morning. When the game started our team was seriously amazing and looked like 1 unit rather than a bunch of different players. It was magic and incredible to watch. I think CAL underestimated us because they killed us in sevens and our star from last year, Thretton, wasn't playing with us. Little do they know, our team is a legite as ever! I have never screamed so loud in my life. I literally had chills the entire game! We beat CAL 21-5 and I still can't believe it!!!!!
I got this picture of the scoreboard before CAL scored, I forgot to take one at the end of the game in all the excitement!
Our next game, the quarter finals, was a bummer again losing to Army, 7-12. There was a terrible, and very controversial, call made at the end of the game to run the clock after a kick starting at 50 seconds left. One play could have made a HUGE difference in this game, but it is what it is. Our next game was for the bronze medal or third place. We played Central Washington and won 12-10. Even though we didn't make it to the finals we placed 3rd and were able to go home on a win! Blake was SOO happy and it was amazing! They walked around the perimeter of the stadium and shook people's hands and waved to everyone, they were total celebrities, I even got a kiss when he walked by! Being there in person this year was incredible and was literally one of the top 10 moments of my life! The boys with their medals, I seriously love all these boys SO much!
We hit the town that night to celebrate and went to get some philly cheese-steaks. Some crazy local tookWe had to walk FOREVER but it was worth it, we even got some yummy ice-cream after. All the shop there are so cute, I was in heaven! I gave Blake another long massage that night and we finally got to share a bed again!
Monday we did a little more sight-seeing and then ate lunch at the cutest indoor market. We headed to the airport after for another long flight full of reading. I started and almost finished Catching Fire, the second Hunger Games book. Those books are seriously so addicting! We got home super late and had to throw in a couple loads of laundry. I was exhausted and wanted a day or 2 to recover and catch up on everything.
Tuesday we had to wake up early and re-pack for Powell. We went over to Pres and Sandy's and it was back on the road again. We made it to Powell late afternoon, got all settled into to houseboat, and headed to Defiance lodge for dinner.
Wednesday morning we got up early to catch the glass water.
As you can imagine, although the air was pretty warm, the water was a bit chilly......and I was not happy about it.......
But we had some phenominal ski water:
Blake is such an amazing skier and that is definitely part of what won me over when we first started hanging out!
I finally learned how to catch air, it was tiny, but my entire board came off the water and I was SO stoked!!
Ah it felt soooo good to be back out boating again. Lake Powell is by far my favorite vacation of the summer. It reminds me of so many fun memories growing up. I think Lake Powell bonds people in a very unique way, and seriously does it get better than being half-naked all day, sunshine, getting tan, skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, jet-skiing, water-ballooning, hitting golf balls, hiking and Sandy's cooking?!?!?!? I feel so lucky to get along with my in-laws so well, Blake and I are both so blessed to have grown up with such wonderful and fun families!
It was Lindsay's 30th birthday and so we had a party Lake Powell style. Lindz invited some of her friends and we had an 80s themed party. We made the funniest shirt for Lindz that had a funny picture of her and said 30...and still livin the dream. She was laughing so hard.
We had a sweet dance party that night and it was hilarious!!!! Everyone had fantastic dance moves and we were all sore in the morning!
Seriously there is nothing like Lake Powell and I love being there with my favorite people!
We drove home Sunday afternoon and unpacked the boat and our stuff most of the night. I'm finally back in town and trying to recover with all my laundry, dishes and such. It feels so good to be home and sleep in my own bed. It was fun going back to work and seeing all my friends. I feel so lucky to enjoy going back to work so much! I had to Blake to the airport tonight for a work trip in Arizona. I hate not sleeping in the same bed:( Thank goodness this is a quick trip and I get to pick him back up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get back on track now that life is starting to calm down for a bit. We've had so much fun on all our trips and love spending time together! I am a very lucky girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment