Blake and I had such a wonderful Labor Day weekend. It never ceases to amaze me how much we can seem to pack into one weekend!
Tuesday I went running before work and then worked at Dr. Dastrup's. After work I drove to Lehi for a haircut....yes I know that is ridiculously far but when you find a hairdresser you like you do whatever it takes! Also it gives me a perfect excuse for a date with my best friend Lisa. We had a yummy dinner at our fav, Cafe Rio. I am soooo happy she is finally home:)
Wednesday I went running before work again and then worked at Dr. Johansen's. After work we went out to dinner at Spaghetti Factory with our friends Mike and Alisha. She is pregnant and is seriously the CUTEST prego woman you have ever seen....sooo tiny and then the cutest little belly ever and she is the most stylish momma ever! We love hanging out with them and can't wait to meet their sweet little girl! After dinner we ran up to Bountiful to go to our friend's, Matt, wedding reception. I ate it in the parking lot on our way in....awesome.....we couldn't stop laughing. They looked super happy and it was perfect weather for them, hooray! When I got home my grandma's scrapbooks had finally come in the mail. They turned out even better than I'd hoped for! I cannot wait to see her reaction:) We had to run to my mom's to show off my new book and she LOVED it!!!
Thursday morning was my first day working at my new job, Sealants For Smiles. It was a little overwhelming at first but once I got the hang of it, I loved it! We go to different elementary schools and do sealants, cleanings and fluoride treatments. After work I went to Pres and Sandy's so we could all go to the U of U football game. I cannot believe football season is already here again. It felt so good to be back in the stadium, such a fun and exciting time of year! Our "brother" Thretton is now playing and so Preston had some awesome shirts made for the fam.
We had so much fun watching the game and we beat Montana State! After we had to go get our traditional Red Mango parfait, I promise they are to die for!
Friday morning I worked at Sealants For Smiles again. I'm really excited about this job and think it will be perfect for me! After work my mom, Whit, Sadie and I headed to Swiss Days in Midway. That place is so much fun and we look forward to it every year. I tried hard not to spend too much money but wow they have some fun things! We were there forever and were exhausted when we finally left. We met the boys for dinner after at Red Rock and it was delish. My fam had a condo in Park City so we headed there after. On our way we discovered we had a flat. Of course we chose to stop over a sewer.....awesome! Poor Blake had to change the tire with warm sewage blowing in his face!
Saturday morning, while Blake got his tire repaired, Whit and I went rollerblading on our trail. When I got back Blake and I got ready to go boating......only to discover I forgot to pack my swimsuit, oopsies! I forget something literally EVERYWHERE we go and it is so annoying! Ended up just wearing my sports bra and running short haha! Blake had planned a very full day for us, so we didn't stay on the boat long, but it was still great fun. I seriously love watching Blake and Preston play together, they are best friends and make each...and all of us.....laugh all the time!
After boating the next thing on our agenda was floating the Provo River on tubes. Blake's parents joined my fam (Minus Nick and Kesh) and we had sooo much fun. I couldn't believe how cold the water was! At the end of the day we asked Sadie what her favorite part of the day was and she said when Sandy tipped over in her tube, haha I must agree it was a little funny! I love how that Blake and my family enjoy being together so much!
The last part of our day was, of course, Blake's favorite thing in the world.....horseback riding. Preston and Jamyn joined us and it was a blast! We grabbed a quick dinner at the Kamas Drug Store and then rode our friend's horses in Kamas. We've riden these horses a few times now and I love them. I hate to admit it, but those animals are slowly growing on me. We always have so much fun riding and I'm getting more and more comfortable.We rode up to a gorgeous pond and it was absolutely perfect!
We went back to the condo after and visited with our parents for a bit (his parents had come to our condo and hot tubbed and visited with my parents while we rode). Before bed Sadie did some awesome dance moves for me!Sunday morning we went to the pool for a bit. Sweet Whit let me borrow a suit since I forgot mine, it felt weird to wear a tankini haha!
We had an early dinner at Baja Cantina and it was very yummy. Blake went for a bike ride and my mom and I went to the outlets. I grabbed a few gifts for some friends and then we let Sadie go on some rides. She made friends with this cute boy and said he was the dad and she was the mom haha!
When we got back we got in the hot tub for a bit and then Blake and I headed back to SLC. We stopped at his parents for bit to get our guns ready for our adventure the next day.
Monday morning Blake, Nana, Pop, Pres, Jamyn, the dogs and I went pheasant hunting in Syracuse. J and I have always wanted to come and we were so excited. The weather was perfect and we had a blast, even though we got eaten alive by mosquitos. It was so cute to see our boys all dressed up like hunter. The dogs were in heaven and so funny to watch! I was as good as the dogs at finding the birds haha, I found a pheasant by almost stepping on it! The boys all had great aim and we girls let them do all the shooting.
Pop showing off his prize
Diesel bringing back the bird
Pop and Blake
Satisfied brothers after a good hunt
Time for the girls to shoot....clay pidgeons that is!
Nana had never shot a gun and she did NOT like how loud it was!
Pop's turn
Blake loved Preston's new purchase!
We ended up with 7 birds
We grabbed lunch at a thai place on our way home. They cooked up our birds for us to try. They turned out pretty good but it was still hard to eat knowing that we had just killed them.....When we got home we went to see a matinee, The Help. It was amazing! Blake didn't really wanna see it, but even he liked it! I had the worst allergies/cold...not sure which still and so tubby time sounded heavenly. We took one in Pres and Sandy's so we could watch Bachelor Pad........we may have stayed in for 2 hours!
This morning it was back to work at Dr. Dastrup's. We had such a wonderful weekend and were busy as usual!


Looks like you had a fun weekend in PC for Labor Day - sorry we missed out this year!!
ReplyDelete