Saturday, March 3, 2012

Skiing, Hot tubs and Rugby

    Sunday we celebrated Macie's birthday.  I cannot believe she is already 3!  She is the cutest ever and has the most fun little sassy personality!  She was waiting ALL day to open presents and kept asking everyone when she could start.  My camera was dead from being baby Spencer's photographer but thank goodness Jamyn is as obsessed with pictures as I am so I snagged a few to show off this little cutie!  Finally it was present time.....
 All my nieces have an obsession with my wip-gwoss (lip gloss) and they ask me for some before they even say hello haha!  They know I never leave home without it and so it's always a guarantee I've got it on me.  Macie even knows right where I keep it in my purse haha, such a little girl!  Blake and I decided she needed her own purse with all the trimmings: wip-gwoss, a brush, gum, pretend money, etc.  I think she put lip gloss on every 10 seconds the rest of the night.......such pretty lips!
 You can see her awesome red lip gloss mustache really well in this shot!
 It's crazy how fast time flies and how big our sweet nieces and nephews are getting!!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to boot camp.  I have a love/hate relationship with that class.  I hate it while I'm doing it, but I'm addicted because I feel amazing......and incredibly sore after!  Blake and I grabbed some Cafe Rio to go and went to Whit's to hang-out with the baby.  My mom was there too.  We watched Bachelor and took turns holding sweet little Spencer.  When we got home it was snowing like crazy and so we had to get in the hot tub!  It felt dreamy with the gorgeous snow falling all around us!
 We love our h-tub!

    Tuesday was my early day at Dr. Johansens.  I went to the gym after and then Blake and I met up with his parents and went to dinner at Applebees and then to Hale Center Theater to see Zorro.  It was a great show and was super fun to watch.  My friend Brad was in this play too so that was fun to see!  It was a great little date night!

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to boot camp.  When I got home Blake and I cooked a delicious dinner of cider chicken and twice baked sweet potatoes, yum-yum!  Nick, Kesh and the boys came over to hot-tub because it was snowing super hard and they wanted in on all the fun!  Those boys love uncle Blake!
We stayed out there forever and had so much fun!  It's great living so close to them!  The boys cried when they left and wanted to sleepover.......Blake and I were secretly smiling because we love that they wanted to stay with us:)

    Thursday morning I went to the gym and then drove to Centerville to work a half-day.  Lisa met me at home after and we went to dinner at Zupas.  So fun catching up over a good meal.....even though we talk everyday haha!  So lucky to have such a wonderful best friend.  After dinner she wanted to go meet baby Spencer and we spent the rest of the night there with Kesh, my mom and Whit's fam.  My fam adore Lisa and we all feel like she's part of the fam!  
Ps it's so neat both being brunette.....she's one of those girls that is gorgeous no matter what color her hair is!!!  

    Friday I went to the gym, cleaned, grocery shopped, worked on Blake's bday present (yes his b-day is in July....I like to get a head start haha) and got so much stuff done that I never have time for during the week!  When Blake got home from work we met Jimmy and Annie for dinner at Hires.  It was delicious and we had fun with them, they are the cutest couple ever!  Of course I had to get Red Mango after!  We went and visited with my dad for a bit and then met Blake's parents at the theater to see This Means War, which was hilarious!

    This morning Blake a I woke up at the crack of dawn and were on the road by 7:15 to head up the canyon to ski at Snowbird.  There was an avalanche on the road and so it was closed while they cleaned up and we were completely stopped for 45 min.......
 Finally we got moving and made it to the resort.  The snow was phenominal.  We got fresh tracks because we were one of the first ones on the mountain.
 We were the first ones on Little Cloud but immediately regretted it.  It was a blizzard and there was no escape!  Crazy winds blowing snow so hard in your face and snow drifts everywhere, it was miserable!  We laughed our butts of when we saw each other's faces after bright red and covered in ice.......and yes one of my cheeks has a freezer burn mark still (12 hours later).
 Down lower on the mountain it was gorgeous and we had way to much fun together!  So much powder everywhere and so we were exhausted when we finally left.
 We went straight to Rio Tinto after to watch the Utah vs Cal rugby game.  It was so fun to be there but I am SOOOO glad I don't have to panic watching my husband get torn into pieces on the field!  Thomas McDermott got us seats in his box and it was super fun.  Utah had the game won and lost in the last 20 second by a long shot kick by Cal, it was super sad!
We went to Costco after (Blake and his dad's favorite place in the whole wide world!)  We came home, made smoothies and edamame and got straight into the hot tub.  It was glorious!  We stayed out there forever and then spent the rest of the night watching awesome movies, eating snacks and cuddling......basically a perfect night!

No comments:

Post a Comment