Sunday, April 28, 2013

Its a girl!!!!

    This week my best friend, Lisa, found out she's having a girl.  While I was driving down to her gender reveal party I started getting really emotional.  She and I have been through so much together and it just hit me that we're growing up...........even though we still act like we 8!
We've had so many amazing memories together and now we're beginning this new exciting chapter of our lives as wifeys and soon-to-be mommies!   I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend in my life.  It's just so perfect that she's having a girl so we can continue all our girl adventures together.  I adore her and cannot wait to meet this sweet baby girl and spoil her to pieces!!!  

    Monday I worked at Focus and then went to the gym.  When I got home my sweet husband had a delicious dinner waiting for me, I know I'm so lucky!  We got in the hot tub after and then he had to pack for his business trip.  I hate when he leaves me!

    Tuesday morning at the crack of dawn Blake headed to Colorado.  We finally had nice weather here and he had to go back to the snow!  I worked at Dr. Johansens.  When I got home I decided to try running.  I made it about a mile and then my knee pain started again.  It is SO frustrating!  I love running so much and its killing me to not be able to!!!  I had to walk home and even that was pretty painful.  That night I went down to Orem for Lisa's gender reveal party.  It was torture waiting all day to find out.  Most people voted boy but I told Lisa I knew it was a girl.  She gave the ultrasound tech a paper to write the gender on.  She sealed it shut so no one knew, they found out at the same time as all of us.  Here they are reading the paper for the first time!
 In true Lisa fashion this is the letter she had the girl write the gender on haha!  This is why she is my best friend, never a dull moment with Lisa!!!
 So excited for the next generation of Stark sisters!
Baby girl Aunt RyRy can't wait to meet you!!
 The classic Lisa Ry pic
 I can't believe these two are gonna be parents in just 5 months!!!  Between these 2 gene pools, how adorable is this babe gonna be?!?!
 We all went to dinner after at Iggy's and soaked up all the excitement!

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and the went to the gym.  That night we had young womens. We did yard work at the Carr's.  Their backyard is my fav and I can't wait to go swimming there this summer!  Later that night I met some Africa girlfriends for Red Mango.  2 of our girls, Les and Em, are engaged and so we needed all the updates!  I love these girls so much and feel so lucky that we've all stayed so close!

    Thursday Blake finally came home to me and I was soooo happy!  I didn't get to see him until after work though.  I worked at Focus, ran to the gym and then finally got to hug my hubby!!!  We had dinner at home and then he headed to flag football while I did my visiting teaching.

    Friday I went to a dental hygiene conference in Provo with some friends from school.  I learned a lot while I was there!  When I got home Blake and I headed up to Kamas for our first ride of the season.  We ride our friend, Kurt's, horses when we go.  His horses are THE BEST and I love riding them!  Blake rode a new horse Kurt just got.  It's amazing, it doesn't matter what horse Blake gets, they always listen to him and become the best horse.  He is an amazing horseman, seriously a real cowboy!  We went on one of our favorite rides up to the lake.  Up towards the top we ran into the snow and it got deep fast!  The horses were up to their bellies.  They couldn't walk normal and so they were hopping front and back legs.  It was like riding a bucking bronco and my adrenaline was pumping like crazy!  Blake's horse was really skinny and so the saddle didn't fit very well.  All the hopping made his saddle slid back so he was basically barebacking.  As soon as he could stop he jumped off to fix the saddle, it was sideways falling of his bum haha it was awesome!
 My real cowboy in his happy place!
 We tried to keep going up to the lake but the horses were not loving the waist high snow.  Blake's horse finally put his face down in the snow and gave up.  We turned around and going down was just as intense, a ride we'll definitely never forget!
 Kurt's son lets me ride his horse Red when we go up.  I'm totally in love with that horse and I told Blake if he can find me a horse just like Red, I'll let him have horses.  On any other horse I would have freaked out on that ride but that horse is just so amazing and I felt so safe!  Blake was in heaven watching me love on my horse......he's dreamed of this day since we met.
 I already can't wait for our next ride!!!  We went out to dinner at Baja Cantina after.  We haven't had a date night like that with just the 2 of us in a long time and it was sooo fun!  I love spending time with that cute boy of mine!

    Saturday morning I met my mom and Whit to go rollerblading at Liberty Park.  Since I can't run rollerblading is the next best thing so I can still enjoy the sunshine.  I pushed Sadie and Spencer in the stroller so it was a great workout!  There was a little festival at the park that we walked around for a bit, it was super fun!  I met some hygiene friends, Sarah and Carly, for lunch at Cafe Rio.  Sarah lives in Moab and was in town for the day.  I haven't seen her in ages and so it was really great to catch up!  I went home and then Blake and I headed to his cousin, Melissa's, graduation party.  It was so fun to see everyone and we are so excited for Melissa!  Nothing beats finally finishing school!
 We went to Costco after with Sandy, Pres and Nicole.  The kids wanted to ride with Nana after in the Corvette, coolest Grandma EVER!
Blake and I found some yummy steaks and went home for a BBQ.  My husband is a gourmet chef and doesn't mess around when it come to dinner time.  We had the most delicious ribeye steaks with strawberry cinnamon almond salad with fried goat cheese....seriously it was to die for.  We ate with all the windows and doors open so we could enjoy the wonderful spring air!  I LOVE this time of year!

    We just got back from stake conference and I'm just waiting for my visiting teachers to come by.  They are the cutest ladies and never miss a month!   We are so lucky to live in such a great neighborhood with so many wonderful people!


No comments:

Post a Comment