Friday, July 29, 2011

Almost a full week at home....

This week has been crazy busy trying to recover from Costa Rica, both working full weeks, spending time with my fam and getting ready for California.  I figured I should hurry and get this blog up before we head later this afternoon for California because I'm sure that'll be another big post!

Sunday after church we went out to Nick and Kesha's for dinner.  We showed everyone our pictures and had a delicious dinner out on their patio.  I LOVE BBQ's in the summer!  We missed Sadie's b-day party on Saturday and we'll be missing Boston's tomorrow so we brought their presents out there.  They kept asking all night when they could open their presents.  Gotta love the bribery, fantastic way to get them to eat their dinnner!  Finally it was time....
Sadie is always so sad that she can't take her dolls in the water so I got her a Dora mermaid and as you can see, she was pretty excited!
 Boston is obsessed with the movie Cars and he just saw the second one at the drive-in.  I couldn't believe I found a Lightening McQueen pillow-pet!  He was super happy and Kesh told me that night when she put him to bed he told her he wanted that pillow his whole whole whole whole whole life!  Yay so happy he liked it!
 We all played some cowboy golf (I think that's what its called haha)
The kids played together really well, we all love being outside in the summer time!
 Nick has some huge trees in the back and he's strung a hammock between them.....glorious!
 Once Easton saw us he told Kesh SWING, he didn't wanna be left out of the fun!  He is talking SO much now and we both LOVE playing with him!
 Sadie ready for the fireworks in her Dora chair
 You have never met a child so in love with fireworks.  Easton goes up to anyone that will listen and says FIYAH, FIYAH, FIYAH until you get firworks for him and then he gets so sad when they are over and asks for more FIYAH!
 Grandma and pa D came for dinner to and had some fun with the fireworks too!
 He was in heaven!
 I accidentally discovered a setting on my camera that can do this haha, awesome!
 Of course me being the camera nut I am.  I spent the next few minutes making Kesh take pictures until I got the perfect one for my scrapbook.  Here is an M for Miller:)
 Ready for the show.  Blake had no idea what a wuss he married.  I love going to see fireworks, but I HATE fireworks at home.  I'm a nervous wreck the whole time, especially on the aerial fireworks.  I think I'm scared they are going to misfire at us or start a fire.   We had a fun night out at Nick and Kesha's, they are always they best party throwers ever! 

Monday it was back to the daily grind, which thankfully I don't mind one bit because I love my jobs so much!  I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  We spent the rest of the night out at Nicole and Mikko's for little Mikko's birthday (they had a swimming party earlier but we were both at work).  I was charging my camera and so I missed some good photo ops:(  Sandy gave Izzy an early b-day present, a rocking horse.  She was all smiles (which include the cutest dimples you have ever seen) and wouldn't get off it!  When we got home I got the mail and had a letter from Weber State.  A few months ago when I was getting super frustrated trying to find work I applied to nursing school, just to see what would happen.  I was accepted, which made me feel like a million bucks.  Thank goodness I'm super happy where I am right now and so I won't be going, but it still makes me feel good to know I did get accepted:)

Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  I met Blake after and we grabbed some Taco Bell and scarfed it down in the car.....bad idea......my belly was not happy with me.  We rushed so we could make our movie, Friends With Benefits.  It was a little naughty but super funny!

Wednesday morning I went running before work because I had such a busy night after work.  I work at Dr. Johansen's and then went straight to an interview at Sealants for Smiles (a program where hygienists go to elementary schools and do cleanings and sealants on the kids).  The director, Lisa, was SO cute!  I got the job and I can't wait.  It's super part-time but a great way to get a little more income and be with little kids!  I can't wait to start!  After I went to California Pizza Kitchen because Mandy and I were throwing a baby shower for our friend Whitney.  We decided to do it at a restaurant because we all have such small apts and this way no one has to cook or clean up after.  We got a bunch of cute decorations for the table and hit looked great.  Here is me and the cute mama to be!
 Me, Whit and Mand
 We played the game where everyone guessed how big around the prego belly is. 
We had a great turn-out and it was super fun.  We are all so excited to meet Ms. Amelia!!!!

 Thursday I went running before work again.  I love this weather right now, it's so fun to run outside!  I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and we were super busy!  I got to do a deep cleaning on the cutest girl and her teeth looked SO good after we were done, I was so excited!  I met mom after at Little America.  I beat her so I got to start my next Harry Potter book (#5), I'm totally addicted now!  We had our favorite split pea and some great chats.  Such a fun tradition!  Blake and I spent the rest of the night with Pepst getting stuff ready for our trip.

This morning I went running outside again.  I ran down a big hill and my knee started bugging again:( I still have to take it super easy, hills seem to still be my enemy.  I did a bunch of laundry and packed my bag.  I seem to ALWAYS forget so much stuff, so I spent a lot of time going over everything to make sure I didn't forget anything.  Cross your fingers for me!  After I went to an orientation for my new job and then picked Blake up from a golf tournament with his high school buddy Jimmy and took him to work.  I just got home and I'm gonna finish putting laundry away tidy up a few things and then we're off to La Jolla!  La Jolla will always be a very special place for Blake and I.  It was the first trip Blake and I went on together, 2 yrs ago.  During that trip I realized how much I love spending time with Blake and we became inseparable after!  We spent the whole time talking about how much we didn't want a boyfriend or girlfriend......and now we are married haha!   La Jolla, where it all began:)


No comments:

Post a Comment