After the parade we went over to the park to eat lunch and watch some rugby. I cannot believe how the crowd has grown for the 4th of July in Park City. You seriously can barely walk around, unfortunately the type of people that it's growing with weren't our favorite. They were young drunk kids spilling beer everywhere, smoking in your face and dropping f-bombs every other word. I think we'll steer clear of the park next year! We went back to our place after and hot tubbed. We had a delicious BBQ out by the pool and then the boys went to play golf. We stayed in the hot tub a bit longer and then Kesha and my mom took the little boys to go on rides and I went back and made Blake's favorite treat, funfetti cupcakes in ice cream cones. They are super easy, a lot less messy and everyone always loves them. Blake ate 3 and as you can see the Boston and Easton were literally in heaven!
We watched the Park City fireworks and they blew the Canyon's out of the water. Although it was pouring rain we loved it and cute Easton was obessessed with them and kept asking for more FI-YAH!
Unfortunately Blake and I had to head home after the fireworks for work in the morning. What a great 4th weekend we had. I'm so grateful for all the people fighting for our country. How blessed we are to have all the freedoms that we do!
On Tuesday it was back to work again out in Centerville. Luckily I love all my jobs so I never really mind going back to work. I went to the gym after and then met Blake's family at Olive Garden to celebrate Blake's birthday since I stole him all weekend. It was fun to be with everyone and the food was great......but WOW am I happy to know I will never have to work there again! We went back to Nicole's after and hung-out for the rest of the night.
On Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's. My last patient of the day was my cute husband. He hates to get his teeth cleaned but does it anyways just to make me happy! I ran to the gym after work and then came home to my husband deep cleaning my entire house. It smells SO yummy and looks amazing. Really, am I not the luckiest girl in the world?!?! We grabbed dinner after at Red Butte and then Blake went to basketball and I read more of the last Hunger Games book.
On Thursday I worked out in Centerville, ran some errands and then went to the gym. I met up with some of my Africa girlfriends for dinner at Pei Wei. I love that we are all still so close, I love those girls to pieces!
On Friday morning I ran outside and then ran a bunch of errands. I stopped by my parents house for a bit to play piano. I love having a keyboard at my house but it will never compare to a real piano. Wow it felt good to play again! When Blake got home he took a power nap while I read some more of my book (which he finished the night before, we were both total addicts!) We exchanged a few birthday outfit that weren't the right.....and bought a few more for good measure! We met Nick and Kesha for dinner that night at Tsunami. They gave Blake a giftcard there for graduation and so we told them they had to come when we used it. I never thought I say this, but I really like sushi. Everything tasted so good, they always have the best sushi! We went to Mulligans after and hit balls on the range.
I am seriously terrible but it was so fun. Somehow I managed to just about hit the poor kid getting in the cage to collect balls. Keep in mind we were on the roof and he was behind me.....that my friends take some serious skill! I was mortified and couldn't apologize enough! We spent the rest of the night hanging out at Nick and Kesh's.
Yesterday morning we woke up bright and early, which usually is impossible for Blake, unless there are horses involved. We picked up my dad and headed to Spanish to ride his friend's horses. They have a huge swing in their backyard that Blake loved, I was a little too nervous to try it.
On our ride it was Blake, my dad, his friend Brent and his daughter. His daughter teaches horseback riding lessons and so it was fun having her along to give me pointers. My horse was named Spanky and Blake's was Bandit, they were great horses. We rode up the mountains behind their house. The view was spectacular and we all had so much fun!
It's tradition now, we always have to taking a kissing on the horses picture!
Blake was literally in heaven the whole time, such a cute cowboy I have! We grabbed a quick lunch and headed home. I finished the rest of my book while Blake took a power nap. I loved those books and cannot wait for the movies now! I'm a little sad it's finally over but I actually really loved the ending. When he woke up we ran to the grocery store and then to Sandy's to make tinfoil dinner to take up the canyon with Steele and Paige. Blake does not mess around, he takes his tinfoil dinners very seriously, and trust me they are LEGIT!When they got to Sandy's we packed everything up and headed to the canyon. It sprinkled lightly a couple times but we stayed dry for the most part. It actually scared most of the people away so we got a great spot, which is unusual for a Saturday night in the summer. We heated our dinners in the fire and roasted some corn.
Watching our boys roast the corns was quite possibly the funniest thing ever, but it was SO worth it, mmmmm it was tasty!
We sat around the fire and made smores and chatted. We had the jumbo marshmallows and wow did they make a mess, but no one seemed to care to much because the boys pounded at least 5 each!
Facial hair and jumbo marshmallows do not mix well!
These boys have been friends forever!
They are seriously the cutest couple ever and we love hanging out with them!
We planned a lot more adventures we need to go on before summer is over! We grabbed a redbox and went back to Sandy's to watch it because our loveseat is a tight squeeze for 4! Blake and I fell asleep, shocking I know! We didn't even hear Steele and Paige leave. We woke up on the couch so tired and out of it a little after 1 o'clock, felt like we were dating again haha! What a wonderful weekend we had. Nothing beats the summer. There is always something fun going on and I just don't ever want summer to end!








Hi! So I just saw you. But I just thought I'd say again that your blog is so fun. As is your summer! I think I am just going to have to enjoy summer vicariously through you because ours is looking like its going to be pretty low key. :)
ReplyDelete