Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week before Costa Rica

On Sunday the Miller fam all went out to Nicole and Mikko's to celebrate her birthday.  It was a fun day to be all together.  When we got home Preston came over to watch a movie because Jamyn left town.  When we got on the couch we discovered our carpet was soaking wet.  The water heater next door was dripping water and soaking our carpets.  Our cute landlords came to the rescue.  Times like these is when it’s awesome to rent and not own!  The next day the had to move everything out of our living room and into our kitchen so they could pull up the carpets, take out the padding and dry carpets with industrial fans.  When your house is a tiny as ours is, having everything in the kitchen gets pretty squishy so we stayed away most of the day until things were back to normal.

Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  Sandy invited us over for dinner that night. Mmmm she makes the best curry.  We enjoyed it while we watched our favorite, The Bachelorette.  Unfortunately it just isn’t the same without Bentley:(. 

Tuesday I worked out at Dr. Dastrup’s and then went to the gym.  I met Blake after for an amazing dinner at Market Street, thanks to Preston.  He had a gift certificate there and it expired that night.  Jamyn was out of town and he had rugby so he let us use it and WOW that place is amazing, who knew how much I would end up loving seafood!  We went to visit Scott and Lindsay working at their new house and spend the rest of the evening there with them. 

Wednesday morning my first patient had cancelled so I started late and was able to run before work.  It felt so good!  I wanna try to run outside before work more often.  I worked at Johansen after.  I took church and temple cloths to work and rushed home to grab Blake.  We scarfed down a quick dinner at PF Changs and headed to the temple……only to find it was closed for cleaning!  We couldn’t stop laughing, seriously that is our luck.  Hopefully Heavenly Father will understand that we did try and still give us our blessing for the month haha!  We went over to Preston’s to keep him company and watch war movies…….obviously I brought a book!

Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups and then went to the gym.  I met my mom after for our traditional Split Pea and Salad at Little America.  I love our chats together when we go out to eat!  We ran over to Pioneer Park after dinner because the Twilight Concert Series was going on and the place was packed.  When we got in it was a weird young crowd of annoying, young drunk kids and so we didn’t stay long.  While we were at dinner Blake went golfing with his dad, Jimmy Lindsley and his dad.  The mosquitos were terrible and they didn’t even finish their game!

Friday morning I went running outside again and then went to get my teeth cleaned by one of the other hygienists at Dr. Johansens’s office.  I LOVE getting my teeth cleaned!  I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and packing.  Whitney came at 3 to pick me up and head to Cowabunga Bay.  My dad’s office was having their work party there.  He was able to get some extra tickets, so my whole family came, as well as Sandy, Pres and Blake’s sisters Lauren and Nicole came with their kids.  Blake had set up a tee –time with some high school friends before we got the tickets so he wasn’t able to come and man he missed out!  I love that my fam and my in-laws get along so well.  It’s SO fun to be together!  The weather was perfect and since we had the place rented out there were NO lines!  The kids all played together so well and had so much fun together!  What a fantastic day!
Izzy and Sadie sharing snacks
 Sadie idolizes Meredith and they play together so well!
 Best Friends warming up on the cement
 Sadie in her cute duck towel I gave her for her birthday last year
Some Miller Grandkids
 Sader-bugs!  Thanks to Merdi we got Sadie to go on a bunch of slides!
 The Scotts gang
When we got home Blake and I spent the rest of the night packing.  We went to bed pretty late and then had to wake up at 4 am.  Our awesome neighbor’s dogs were SO annoying and would not shut up so we didn’t get much sleep.  Seriously if you have loud obnoxious dog keep them inside or put a muzzle on them! Morning couldn't get there fast enough so we could get to Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment