To say Blake and I have had a great first year would be a major understatement! We have packed more into one year than I could have ever dreamed of. There is no one on this planet I would have rather been side by side with through all the adventures. I love my cute husband more than words can describe, he is the most amazing person and I fall harder for him everyday. He is the most thoughtful, kind, GOOD LOOKING, funny, cuddly, helpful person ever. He gets me more than anyone I have ever met. He knows exactly what I'm thinking and if I'm sad just what to do to make me happy. I am literally the luckiest girl in the world and can't wait to start year 2!!!!
Before we left to Cabo we exchanged anniversary gifts. He gave me an awesome camera new camera for the trip and a Miche purse (the ones that you can change the outside shell so I looks like a different purse). I gave him an oil and vinegar set (I returned the one we got for our wedding and he was devastated so it was a peace-offering haha) and then I told him what we were doing......going to the Rockin' R Ranch in Antimony, UT the day of our anniversary.
I had planned our anniversary before Cabo was planned so of course we came home Thursday and our anniversary was the next day. We got to bed soooo late and still had sooo much unpacking to do. We woke up bright at early at 6:00 and packed a bag and hit the road at 7. We made it to Antimony at 10:00. I thought check-in was at 11:00 so we were just a little early......but actually it was 1:00 so we were super early. It ended up being great though because they are a little short-staffed in the off-season so they needed help rounding up the 60 horses and of course Blake was on cloud 9. I voted not to go because I'm not quite confident enough. They let me go up on a balcony with binoculars to watch. It was so fun but I was very glad I wasn't out there. They were sprinting the whole time through muddy bogs and ponds and it was just Blake and a manager. He rode a very spirited horse named Cheyenne. She loved to run and he handled her sooo well. That man is a horse whisperer. He was seriously in heaven the whole time!
By the time they finished it was time for lunch. We had some yummy fajaitas and met the other couple staying there. They were the nicest couple from England. After lunch we all headed out to the arena to ride. It was fun in there and I feel like I learned a lot. As you can see it was only slightly colder than Mexico..... Luckily it didn't rain or snow so it actually wasn't too bad.
After the arena we went in to warm up a bit and then went on a fun little trail ride. After the ride they asked Blake to help round up a couple stray horses and of course he was more than willing. I went inside because I was a little chilly and I read my book. When he got back we changed into sweats and then had a yummy ham dinner. We drank warm drinks by the fire and chatted with some people. we wanted to get in their hot tub but it wasn't working. We were both exhausted and decided to go to bed at 8:30 haha and it felt SOOO good!!!! It was a perfect way to celebrate and awesome 1st year!
In the morning we had to get up super early and hit the road to go to Grammy's brother's, Roland, funeral. The cute staff packed a huge breakfast for us to take since we would be missing breakfast. We made it home just in time to change and head over. I kept flashing back to grandpa Scott's funeral. I still think about him all the time. Roland was such a sweet man and we will not soon forget him! After the funeral. Blake, Pres, Jamyn and I headed the the Utah versus Arizona game. It was pretty sad, but fun the be there all together.
We went back to Sandy's after the game because she had a luncheon for everyone after the funeral and everyone was still there visiting. I left for a sec to grab some groceries and get some laundry started. I went back after and we spent the rest of the night there.
This morning we're still trying to recover and get laundry finished and put away. We have been so busy but have had so much fun. We are the luckiest ever!!!!


Can life slow down please? I can't believe it's been a year already. So glad you guys had fun. We love seeing you more so let's keep this up! :) LOVES!
ReplyDeletep.s. Love the headband!