Sunday night we had dinner with my fam and planned a few details for Cabo. My dessert turned out SO cute and my fam loved it, I was stokedJ
Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and he took us all our to lunch at Rumbi’s, he always spoils us! I drove straight to American Fork after and met Lisa at Gold’s. We had a quick work-out while we chatted, I miss my gym-buddy but I’m glad we’re at least in the same state now! We went to dinner after at Zupas. I love that girl SOOOO much, what would I do without my best friend?!?! I came home to an empty house because Blake was on a work trip in AZ. I hate sleeping alone but it’s nice having my landlords right above me incase I get nervous!
Tuesday I worked a half-day at Dr. Dastrup’s and then ran some errands. Blake and I went to dinner with his parent and Nicole and her kiddos. We went to Rumbi’s because Dr. Sands gave me some extra coupons he had there that were expiring that week. We walked around a few shops after and then headed home.
Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen’s and then went to the gym. When I got home my cute husband had a big package waiting for me for our one-year anniversary (which hits the day after Mexico). I was sooo excited. He got me an awesome digital camera and a Miche bag (the kind you can change the outside shell so its like having 5 different purses). That boy spoils me sooo much and I don’t know how I ever got so lucky! I gave him some an oil and vinegar set (an inside joke with us) and a kids horse to tell him that after Mexico I was taking him to Rock ‘n’ R Ranch overnight. He was super excited! We decided to run to the store and buy some stuff to make dinner…..$26 dollars later we realized why we just go out every night haha! It was fun having a meal at home for a change though! We spent the rest of the night packing our bags cause Cabo was finally here!!!!!!
Thursday morning we woke up and Blake’s parents took all of us to the airport. We flew to Phoenix, had a one-hour layover and then finally got to Cabo San Lucas with my whole fam, three grandkids in town!
We got our 3 rental cars and barely fit all of our luggage in. We could not believe how incredibly hot it was!!! It’s the off season right now so it wasn’t very crowded which was awesome. Once we finally got all our stuff in our rooms we were all soaked in sweat. The rooms there are the cutest things you have ever seen in your live. They are hard to even explain, it just feels like true Mexico, not some fancy hotel. The only thing that kind of sucks is the cooling systems, but we made it work. The beds all have gorgeous mosquito nets over them, orange tile floors, grass roofs, bamboo hanging for shower curtains, rock and sand pathways from room to room, ahhhh they are unlike any place you can even imagine.
We rushed straight to the pool to cool off and no one wanted to get out.
Finally we were all starving and so we decided to try to find a place to eat. We drove around FOREVER and I was dying of hunger. Finally we ended up at Walmart to just get groceries. If you know me you know you don’t wait that long to feed me because I get sooo fussy! We got home and made tacos and had dinner around 11 haha. That night Blake and I could not cool our room down so we ended up moving our bed under the fan and drenching our top sheet in cold water, it felt heavenly!
We got our 3 rental cars and barely fit all of our luggage in. We could not believe how incredibly hot it was!!! It’s the off season right now so it wasn’t very crowded which was awesome. Once we finally got all our stuff in our rooms we were all soaked in sweat. The rooms there are the cutest things you have ever seen in your live. They are hard to even explain, it just feels like true Mexico, not some fancy hotel. The only thing that kind of sucks is the cooling systems, but we made it work. The beds all have gorgeous mosquito nets over them, orange tile floors, grass roofs, bamboo hanging for shower curtains, rock and sand pathways from room to room, ahhhh they are unlike any place you can even imagine.
We rushed straight to the pool to cool off and no one wanted to get out.
Finally we were all starving and so we decided to try to find a place to eat. We drove around FOREVER and I was dying of hunger. Finally we ended up at Walmart to just get groceries. If you know me you know you don’t wait that long to feed me because I get sooo fussy! We got home and made tacos and had dinner around 11 haha. That night Blake and I could not cool our room down so we ended up moving our bed under the fan and drenching our top sheet in cold water, it felt heavenly!
Friday morning we all slept in and it felt so good. Of course I started my day out with a bowl of oatmeal (for those of you that don’t know, oatmeal is literally my fav thing on the planet and I take it EVERYWHERE I go and it has to be this one certain kind, Maple Brown Sugar Weight Control…….if you haven’t tried it you should!) We all went and played tennis in the morning.
They have the most fun little court right in the middle of the resort and it is super nice. It was way fun but we all got SUPER sweaty. We headed back to our condo after to get in our “hot tub”. The unit Blake and I share with my parents has an awesome hot tub overlooking the ocean but they don’t heat it because even at night it is a million degrees here and so you would not want to get into warm water. My mom made a gourmet brunch of steak and eggs, hashbrowns, diet coke with limes and pina colada smoothies and we ate at the bar in the hot tub.
After we all headed down to the pool by the beach and went between the two all day. I cannot believe how warm the ocean is…..seriously like a bathtub! Such a perfect day catching rays and swimming around!
After we were all sunned out we threw on cover-ups and headed to Costco and Walmart to finish off our grocery shopping so we didn’t have to worry about it the rest of the trip. We were all pleasantly surprised how small the grocery bill ended up being WOOT WOOT! We came back and went to the Mexican Fiesta at our hotel. It was a buffet of the most amazing Mexican food ever and you ate at little tables on the beach with your feet in the sand. They had a show going on while we ate of dancers and a singer.
Sadie was dancing away the whole time. Boston was sooo exhausted and fell asleep mid-bite on a churro haha!
The girls took the kids for a walk along the beach and the boys went into the clubhouse to watch the end of the BYU USU football game (we don’t have tv in our rooms, so we have to go to the clubhouse to watch). It felt so good when we finally hit the hay and our room was much cooler that night.
They have the most fun little court right in the middle of the resort and it is super nice. It was way fun but we all got SUPER sweaty. We headed back to our condo after to get in our “hot tub”. The unit Blake and I share with my parents has an awesome hot tub overlooking the ocean but they don’t heat it because even at night it is a million degrees here and so you would not want to get into warm water. My mom made a gourmet brunch of steak and eggs, hashbrowns, diet coke with limes and pina colada smoothies and we ate at the bar in the hot tub.
After we all headed down to the pool by the beach and went between the two all day. I cannot believe how warm the ocean is…..seriously like a bathtub! Such a perfect day catching rays and swimming around!
After we were all sunned out we threw on cover-ups and headed to Costco and Walmart to finish off our grocery shopping so we didn’t have to worry about it the rest of the trip. We were all pleasantly surprised how small the grocery bill ended up being WOOT WOOT! We came back and went to the Mexican Fiesta at our hotel. It was a buffet of the most amazing Mexican food ever and you ate at little tables on the beach with your feet in the sand. They had a show going on while we ate of dancers and a singer.
Sadie was dancing away the whole time. Boston was sooo exhausted and fell asleep mid-bite on a churro haha!
The girls took the kids for a walk along the beach and the boys went into the clubhouse to watch the end of the BYU USU football game (we don’t have tv in our rooms, so we have to go to the clubhouse to watch). It felt so good when we finally hit the hay and our room was much cooler that night.
Saturday morning I went to the gym with my mom. Like their rooms, the cooling system in the gym blows and it get sooo hot in there. Luckily the 2 elipticals have fans on them that blow when you use them, so if we get there early enough we can both use them. After we went straight to the pool to cool off. All the rest of them fam came too and we had a fun day by the pool. Lucky me, while at the pool I discovered I had a UTI…….awesome! We went up to our room for lunch and Blake made us delicious smoothies that even Whit and I could drink (all fruit), wow they were amazing. The kids went down for naps after and my parents stayed to watch them and all of us adults went to Acopoquito Beach. Last time we surfed there but the waves sucked when we got there. We ended up staying and playing in the water anyways but never caught any waves. When we got back the boys went to watch the U game and the girls and kids got in our pool/hot tub at the room. Once we got pooled out we headed to the beach in search of some jewelry. I found the CUTEST turquoise and silver bracelet. They started at $60 and got it down to $15, so I was pretty happy with myself haha! We walked the beach and checked out a bunch of the restaurants. When we got back we made a nice spaghetti dinner and relaxed at the place. I was dying so Nick took me to Walmart to try and find some UTI medicine. Thank goodness he came because no one in the pharmacy spoke English. Oddly he didn’t learn female medical terminology on his mission haha so it was excellent watching my brother try to explain his little sister’s problem haha!!!!! What a good brother! We grabbed some other groceries and headed home. I slept like crap that night because I was not feeling red hot.
Sunday morning I was feeling a bit better, but still not the best. My mom and I went to the gym again and got our good machines. We came back and had breakfast and watched Nick, Dad, Whit and Blake play tennis from our balcony. Kesh and I came to join in for a bit and we played til the sun just got too hot. When we got back we changed into our suits and headed to Santa Maria. We spent the day there snorkeling and beaching it. My mom wasn’t feeling the best and didn’t want to get water in her ears so she volunteered to do kid duty on the beach so we could all go.
I still can’t get over how warm the ocean water was!!! To get out at first you had to swim through this school of hundreds of thousands of minnows, seriously sooooo cool! Everywhere you looked all you could see were these little silver fish moving at one big unit. When we got out there the water was SO clear you could see forever. We saw some awesome fish out there and I could have stayed out all day it was a blast!
While we were out in the water these huge pelicans kept diving into the water to get mouthful of all the minnows. They were so close to us and it was awesome to see! When we got back Sadie wanted to come out.
It was the cutest thing you have ever seen. She went out with her floaties and goggles and would dunk her head to see all the fish below her. She is the bravest little thing and is so funny to watch! It was a perfect beach day.
We headed back to our place and had a late lunch. Blake and I had been planning no matter what to ride horses, but once we got there and realized how freakin’ hot it was and that you couldn’t ride along the beach anymore……riding through the dessert in long jeans didn’t sound quite as fun. We decided to put that money to better use, MASSAGES!!!! Best idea ever!
Spa treatments were 50% off so we got a one-hour couples massage and it was amazing! We were so relaxed after and went down to the pool with everyone and lounged, read, and swam with the kiddos.
Sadie had a perma-wedgie the whole trip haha!
Whit, Eddie, Blake and I had a quick tennis match after but I had to quit a little early because I couldn’t handle the mosquitos. We all got ready after and headed to the marina. The kids got turtle whistles and we saw some interesting people out along the marina
We had a delicious surf and turf meal right on the dock overlooking all the boats. We were serenaded by mariochi bands and had so much fun.
I still can’t get over how warm the ocean water was!!! To get out at first you had to swim through this school of hundreds of thousands of minnows, seriously sooooo cool! Everywhere you looked all you could see were these little silver fish moving at one big unit. When we got out there the water was SO clear you could see forever. We saw some awesome fish out there and I could have stayed out all day it was a blast!
While we were out in the water these huge pelicans kept diving into the water to get mouthful of all the minnows. They were so close to us and it was awesome to see! When we got back Sadie wanted to come out.
It was the cutest thing you have ever seen. She went out with her floaties and goggles and would dunk her head to see all the fish below her. She is the bravest little thing and is so funny to watch! It was a perfect beach day.
We headed back to our place and had a late lunch. Blake and I had been planning no matter what to ride horses, but once we got there and realized how freakin’ hot it was and that you couldn’t ride along the beach anymore……riding through the dessert in long jeans didn’t sound quite as fun. We decided to put that money to better use, MASSAGES!!!! Best idea ever!
Spa treatments were 50% off so we got a one-hour couples massage and it was amazing! We were so relaxed after and went down to the pool with everyone and lounged, read, and swam with the kiddos.
Sadie had a perma-wedgie the whole trip haha!
Whit, Eddie, Blake and I had a quick tennis match after but I had to quit a little early because I couldn’t handle the mosquitos. We all got ready after and headed to the marina. The kids got turtle whistles and we saw some interesting people out along the marina
We had a delicious surf and turf meal right on the dock overlooking all the boats. We were serenaded by mariochi bands and had so much fun.
Kath took the kids for a walk while we waited for our bill
It was a perfect night. We walked around for a while. I really wanted to go to town and go dancing, but it’s a lot harder with little kids. Instead we stood outside a bar playing music and I danced with the little kids haha. When we got back to the room we were exhausted! Monday morning I went to the gym with my mom again and then ate breakfast out on the balcony. Whit, my mom and I went to a Zumba class at the clubhouse and had so much fun. I went straight to the pool after and swam with Blake. We spent the rest of the afternoon in and out of the pool and ocean, and buying a few souveiners on the beach. We had a yummy lunch in the condo and then went back to the pool. We went down to the beach after a while and look into pricing for a few different beach activities. We rented a jet ski and all took turns out on the waves and entertaining the kids.
Thank goodness Blake took it east on me cause I get nervous on the big waves! When the sun went down the boys played an epic doubles tennis match, in-laws against Scotts.
It was so fun to watch and everyone looked so good, it was quite intense. In the end, the in-law boys won woot woot and everyone was exhausted. We went down to our hotel’s retaurant on the beach and enjoyed an amazing pasta dinner. With our toes in the sand listening to some beautiful piano being played, it was perfect. The kids got some fun light up toys that shot in the air and we tried them out on the beach after dinner.
We fell asleep so fast when we finally got in bed.
Thank goodness Blake took it east on me cause I get nervous on the big waves! When the sun went down the boys played an epic doubles tennis match, in-laws against Scotts.
It was so fun to watch and everyone looked so good, it was quite intense. In the end, the in-law boys won woot woot and everyone was exhausted. We went down to our hotel’s retaurant on the beach and enjoyed an amazing pasta dinner. With our toes in the sand listening to some beautiful piano being played, it was perfect. The kids got some fun light up toys that shot in the air and we tried them out on the beach after dinner.
We fell asleep so fast when we finally got in bed.
Tuesday morning I played tennis with Blake and then went to the gym with Whit. All the girl did a water aerobics class while the boys watched the kids, it was pretty funny.
We spent the rest of the morning chillin by the pool.
My dad, Whit, Blake and I rented two 2-man kayaks and went over to Lovers Beach. Everyone else took a glass-bottom water taxi over there.
It took us about 25 min to get there. It was so fun when the waves splashed up on us and it was such a great arm work-out. Luckily I had the better partner haha, my dad was still exhausted from the epic tennis match the night before....notice how my dad is slightly reclined....
We stayed at the beach for a little over an hour, snorkeling and beaching it.
On the way back Eddie switched my dad to give him a little break. It was so much fun! I ran to the condo and whipped up a smoothie for Whit and I and the boys got some from the bar. We read until it got dark and then it was tennis time again. My arms were beat so I went to shower and changed into a new suit…..yes I seriously NEVER wore normal cloths the entire trip haha! My mom and I whipped up some fajaitas and once everyone was done playing tennis we had a delicious Mexican dinner. After dinner we played Phase 10, but got too tired to finish the game.
We spent the rest of the morning chillin by the pool.
Poor Kath pulled out these glasses and realized she'd broken her 3rd pair of sunglasses this trip haha!
We decided to have lunch at the bar in the pool. Nick, Kesh, Blake and I shared a bunch of sushi rolls and mmmmm they were tasty! Blake helped B-man lube up after haha
We read for a bit longer and then headed down to the beach. My dad, Whit, Blake and I rented two 2-man kayaks and went over to Lovers Beach. Everyone else took a glass-bottom water taxi over there.
It took us about 25 min to get there. It was so fun when the waves splashed up on us and it was such a great arm work-out. Luckily I had the better partner haha, my dad was still exhausted from the epic tennis match the night before....notice how my dad is slightly reclined....
We stayed at the beach for a little over an hour, snorkeling and beaching it.
On the way back Eddie switched my dad to give him a little break. It was so much fun! I ran to the condo and whipped up a smoothie for Whit and I and the boys got some from the bar. We read until it got dark and then it was tennis time again. My arms were beat so I went to shower and changed into a new suit…..yes I seriously NEVER wore normal cloths the entire trip haha! My mom and I whipped up some fajaitas and once everyone was done playing tennis we had a delicious Mexican dinner. After dinner we played Phase 10, but got too tired to finish the game.
Wednesday came WAY too fast, we could not believe it was already our last full day! I went to the gym with my mom and then had breakfast out on the balcony and read my book. We got ready for the pool and the girls did water aerobics while the boys played with the kids. The old ladies were hilarious to watch! We stayed at the pool a while longer and then my mom, dad, Blake and I went to the restaurant for lunch and mmmmmm it was good! Blake and I shared shrimp tacos and a cobb salad, we got chips and salsa and ate outside in the sand looking out at the ocean under some shade with a mister to cool us. After lunch the boys went on a Hobie Cat Sailboat.
None of the girls wanted to go because it was so scary last time. Unfortunately there wasn’t much wind so it was a pretty low key ride. While they were gone we went and painted some pottery. I did the cutest little salsa bowl!
We were laughing hysterically when we saw them coming back and they were rowing in with their hands haha!
We went to the pool after to cool off. Blake had a major headache, so I took him back to the condo to rehydrate, take some medicine and take a power nap. I finished my book while he slept, the 6th Harry Potter. That was by far the best of the series and yes tears welled up in my eyes when one of the main characters died :( When he woke up we got ready to take our family picture. We went downstairs and saw the boys wearing their new super-hero costumes Kesh and Whit found on the beach. They didn't want to take them all off and they looked SOOOO cute haha!
After we decided to all go off on our own for the last meal. Blake and I decided to stay at our restaurant and it was a great decision. We both got Hawaiin coconut chicken and it was to die for. We had our toes in the sand, delicious food and some light guitar music, perfect to send out Cabo.
Whit and Eddie ended up there a little after us too but they sat at their own table. Sadie came to say hello after she finished her meal. We went to walk down the beach after we finished eating. One of the hotels set off some fireworks and they were beautiful. Nothing beats a walk along the beach. We saw Nick, Kesh, my mom and the boys on our way back and chatted for a bit on some lounge chairs along the beach. The boys ran in the waves without pants and it was sooo cute.
When we got back to the condo we got in the hot tub and had smoothies one last time.
None of the girls wanted to go because it was so scary last time. Unfortunately there wasn’t much wind so it was a pretty low key ride. While they were gone we went and painted some pottery. I did the cutest little salsa bowl!
We were laughing hysterically when we saw them coming back and they were rowing in with their hands haha!
We went to the pool after to cool off. Blake had a major headache, so I took him back to the condo to rehydrate, take some medicine and take a power nap. I finished my book while he slept, the 6th Harry Potter. That was by far the best of the series and yes tears welled up in my eyes when one of the main characters died :( When he woke up we got ready to take our family picture. We went downstairs and saw the boys wearing their new super-hero costumes Kesh and Whit found on the beach. They didn't want to take them all off and they looked SOOOO cute haha!
Easton's whole face fit in one of the eyeholes haha but he didn't care one bit!
Sadie got some awesome braids right before and they looked soooo cute!
We didn’t have much light left so it was a hustle and the kids weren’t super happy but we got a few ok shots. After we decided to all go off on our own for the last meal. Blake and I decided to stay at our restaurant and it was a great decision. We both got Hawaiin coconut chicken and it was to die for. We had our toes in the sand, delicious food and some light guitar music, perfect to send out Cabo.
Whit and Eddie ended up there a little after us too but they sat at their own table. Sadie came to say hello after she finished her meal. We went to walk down the beach after we finished eating. One of the hotels set off some fireworks and they were beautiful. Nothing beats a walk along the beach. We saw Nick, Kesh, my mom and the boys on our way back and chatted for a bit on some lounge chairs along the beach. The boys ran in the waves without pants and it was sooo cute.
When we got back to the condo we got in the hot tub and had smoothies one last time.
This morning Blake and I woke up extra early to watch the sunrise on the beach, it was gorgeous.
We had a yummy pancake breakfast at our restaurant and it was delish! We spend the rest of the morning under a cabana looking out at the ocean. We were sooooo sad when it was finally time to leave. Every detail of our trip was perfect and I hope we can go back again soon! Man I love my family and I’m so grateful we were able to have so much fun together!!!!! When we got home we got some Cafe Rio to go and went to Blake's parents to watch a football game. We had to light a fire downstairs :( I MISS SUNNY CABO!!!!
We had a yummy pancake breakfast at our restaurant and it was delish! We spend the rest of the morning under a cabana looking out at the ocean. We were sooooo sad when it was finally time to leave. Every detail of our trip was perfect and I hope we can go back again soon! Man I love my family and I’m so grateful we were able to have so much fun together!!!!! When we got home we got some Cafe Rio to go and went to Blake's parents to watch a football game. We had to light a fire downstairs :( I MISS SUNNY CABO!!!!


























rylee!! oh myyyyyyy gosh. what an amazing trip! you definitely make incredible blog posts!
ReplyDeletei love all your pictures and cabo sounds like it was AMAZING! i'm so happy you are still being Ry Ry and eating your oatmeal and having adventures!
miss you!