Saturday, October 29, 2011

Worst Luck EVER!

    This week started out lovely but mid-week I got a major curveball that broke me down to tears.....my poor red rocket!

    Sunday night before we hit the road home from St. George we had a yummy dinner at Chuck-A-Rama.  Call me ghetto but I really do enjoy a good buffet haha!  We had a pretty easy drive home without much traffic.  I stayed awake the whole time to keep Blake entertained....if you know me on roadtrips you know how huge that is!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands.  It was my last day working with Natalia, one of our AMAZING assistants.  She is moving to Cali and we are all devastated, she will be missed very very much!  After work I met up with my girlfriend Mandy and we grabbed dinner to go from CPK for our friend Whitney, who just had a baby.......yes this is how working women have to do dinners!  We stayed and visited Whitney and her sweet little Lola.  Ahhh she is perfect and totally adorable!  Peter and Whit are the sweetest couple and are going to be the best parents!  I met Blake, his dad, Scott and Lindz after for a classy dinner at Apollo!  The rest of the night I cooked dinner to take to friends the next day.....yes believe it or not I do cook......occasionally!

    Tuesday morning I went to the gym and cleaned our house.  I worked a 1/2 day at Dr. Dastrup's and then Blake and I went home and heated and finished preparing dinner.  I'm pretty proud, we made chicken broccoli casserole, banana bread, salad, and biscuts.  Everything even turned out right woot woot!  We went to visit our friends Mike and Alisha who just had the most precious little girl, Savannah.  Alisha had her precious little girl just days before and looked AMAZING!  Her birth went so smooth and easily.....dang it, now I'm totally going to have high expectation someday for my babies!  We stayed and chatted forever and I could not put down their sweet little girl!  We went to Blake parents after and watched X Factor...mainly because we are both in love with Rachel Crowe.  We also totally love Drew now.  Ummmm excuse me but where did these girls get those voices?!?!

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's.  The day started out normal and I parked in my usual parallel spot behind the building.  In the middle of a long row of cars.
I was about to seat my second patient and she told us there was a bunch of ambulances, firetrucks, and police cars outside.  Liz went to check things out and came back telling me they wanted to know who drove the red car.  I thought she was joking......she wasn't.  I walked down the stairs to this...........
As I looked at my new little red rocket, tears streamed down my face.  The police informed me that the man driving the truck was basically unconscious he came across oncoming traffic and smashed right into my car.  Thankfully he wasn't going too fast, but he also didn't push the brakes at all.  His doors were locked and they had to smash a window to open the doors to get him out.  We later found out he had taken pain pills and doesn't remember a thing......they don't say DO NOT operate heavy machinery after taking for no reason!  Thankfully the girls in my office were super sweet and kept checking on me, and rearranged my schedule so I could get everything figured out.  My AMAZING husband calmed me right down and took care of everything, what would I ever do without him.  I cried again when the tow truck pulled his car away and I finally saw the damage.
We are pretty sure it's only body damage but seriously why off all the cars parked along the road did he randomly hit mine and why couldn't this have happened a few months ago to the red racer.  I finally get a nice new car and BAM....literally!  A tow truck came midway through the day and towed my car off to the repair shop (the panels were bent into the tire and so it wasn't smart to drive).  I was a bit shaky for a while between the nerves and freezing cold temps outside without a jacket.  My sweet husband was there to pick me up right before I got off.  He took me home and cuddle me extra tight.  We were supposed to go to a haunted house with my mom  but I was exhausted and wasn't feeling it.  My husband knew just the way to end the day with a happy wife.  He took me downtown to Settibellos, one of, if not my very favorite places to eat.  They make authentic Italian pizza that is to die for.  After after pounding an entire pizza and 4 diet cokes I felt so much better.  I'm the luckiest girl, I love my man!

    Thursday morning Blake let me use his car and he borrowed one of his parent's.  I worked at Sealants for Smiles and ten went to the gym.  I had a quick Elase appointment and then went on a quick Costco run.  Blake and I had a delicious dinner with our friend Thomas at Pawits, best Thai in town!  We had stayed for quite a whole having some fun chats with Thomas.

    Yesterday morning Blake left SUPER early before I woke up to go on his Buffalo round-up at Antelope Island.  He has been counting down the minutes since he found out about this.  He could hardly sleep the night before.  He bought a new black hat.....because real cowboys don't wear white hats in the winter....HELLO!  He was in heaven and had sooo much fun!
I went running outside because I didn't have a car.  I don't even sort of enjoy runnign in the cold.  It is absolutely miserable!  Every inch of skin hurt, my lungs burn, and it takes me forever to thaw out after.  It was the longest hour ever!  I showered quick and then my rental car was dropped off.  My sister picked me up and we headed to Gardener Village for Breakfast With The Witches.  The girls and kids in both my fam and Blake's fam came and we had a ball.  The kids all wore their costumes and looked SOOO cute.  They are all friends and are so dang cute to watch all together!
Niece and nephews on my side, Saders, Easton and Boston
 Izzy wasn't quite sure what to think.....
 The crazy witches walking around
 Izzy and Mers
 Blake and I bought this costume for Parker before he was even born haha 
 I'm an idiot and left my camera on the table and someone with sticky fingers touched the lens so forgive the blur on the next few pictures.....oopsies!
 Mikko doing the mummy dance
 Robin....seriously though he got so sad if you called him Easton instead of Robin haha!
 Our buff Batman!
 BFF
 Dancin
 Izzy LOVES to ride with Grammy!
 Batman and Robin
All the kiddos 
 Me and Parks
 Grammy and Nic's kids
 Watching the witches in the water
 Dance party
What a perfect way to get in the Halloween spirit!!!  Whit and I stopped at a local market and grabbed or favorite Honeycrisp apples and then headed home.  I had a bit of a headache so I took a power nap.  I did laundry and cleaned the house.  That night I went to Porcupine Grill with Blake's parents and Grandma.  Blake met us up there.  We all had some yummy German food and beer cheese soup.  Blake and I went to Grammy's after and watched some sports on her new jumbo TV.

    This morning I went to the gym, SO much better than running outside!  Blake and I finished up some more laundry while we watched Blake favorite new show, The Walking Dead....perfect for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment