Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grammy's 85th

    We were able to celebrate my sweet grandma's 80th birthday last weekend and then Blake's sweet Grammy's (Sandy's mom) 85th birthday.
She is the sweetest most spunky lady ever.   She adds so much to our family and we all love her to pieces.  She never misses a beat!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  Blake and I went and grabbed some Greek food and then went to the dollar movies to see Bad Teacher.........what a waste of a dollar!  Worst and dirtiest movie ever!

    Tuesday I ran a bunch of errands, went to the gym and then worked a 1/2 day at Dr. Dastrup's.  That night I met Kelsi and and Leslie for dinner at Rio.  We chatted forever and it was lovely as always, oh how I love my girls!  When I got home Blake rented the Horse Whisperer.....I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that I will have horses in my future........  It was a 3 hour movie so we decided to just do half and finish another night.

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went to the gym.  Blake and I went out to meet Thretton because he was helping us with a fundraiser for an injured kid up in Kamas.  It was fun to catch up, we miss seeing him everyday!  He told us to try a new restaurant called Charlie Chows.  It was AMAZING!!! It's all you can eat and you get to choose any veggies, noodles, rice, sauce, meat and they cook it up for you.  We will for sure be eating there again soon!  When we got home we finished the rest of our horse movie.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  I brought nice cloths and showered at the gym so I could make my friend Cindy's wedding.  It was downtown and she is quite the popular woman so I could not find a parking spot for the life of me.  I drove around for a long time and finally had to bounce because we were celebrating my mom's birthday.  I felt so bad because I really wanted to see Cindy!  We had a dinner with my whole fam at Iggy's, for a late celebration for my mom's birthday.
The food was great and it was so much fun!!!

    Friday morning I went to the gym and then to my pre-travel appointment.  I cannot believe how soon I leave for the Dominican Republic, ahhhh I can't wait!  My appointment took WAY longer than I thought so I was a bit stressed when I got home.  I had to hurry and do a bunch of laundry, pack, shower and eat something.  I finished in the nick of time and headed to Pres and Jamyn's so we could hit the road.  The whole fam (Sandy's side) was all getting together to celebrate Grammy's 85th.  James, a cousin, came in our car too.  We picked Blake up from his office and were on the road a little after one.  Traffic wasn't too bad thankfully!  We met the fam for dinner at a cute little Italian place and then went to a little park with a carousel.  
 Blake and I both get super motion and so we voted not to go!
 Izzy stealing iiiipstick from Bake (chapstick)
 This is my favorite picture EVER!  As you can tell all the kids LOVE uncle Blake!!!!
 Mikko and his mama
Of course before we could go home we went to the one and only ORANGE PEEL:)!!!!!!!  I get the chills just thinking about that place!

    Saturday morning I woke up and had some oatmeal (which yes I even bring there).  I played with Nicole's kids for a bit and then helped Sandy make Spinicopita (Blake very favorite thing ever!)  I wanted to help so I could learn how to make it for him!  I think he only at 10 pieces.........
After cooking I went running outside.  It was perfect weather, not too hot or cold!  It felt awesome.  We went out to the pool after and layed out, swam and enjoyed the warm sunshine.  After we all showered and got ready we headed to JJ and Gordon's ranch for Grammy's party.  That place is so incredible and we had a ton of fun!  We rode the zipline, touched horses, looked at cows, and ate delicious food.
 Merdi on the zipline
 Izzy's turn
 Preston was helping all the kids and stepped in a massive cowpie.....in flip-flops!
 Blake doesn't wanna get left out of all the fun!
 These girls are best friends!
 The kids checkin' out the cows
 Ummmm models?!?!
 Aunt Daymin and Wywee
 We are the luckiest aunts ever and we love playing with our adorable nieces and nephews!
Grammy's big gift was memories everyone had written down for her.  We all sat around and read them and reminesced, it was so fun!
We love Grammy's so much and are grateful to have such an amazing woman in our lives!


  Today Blake woke up before anyone else and went out to the h-tub all by himself.  Haha Blake is definitely his dad's son!  We all got ready and went to sacrement meeting and then headed over to The Egg and I for a delicious breakfast.  We came back and relaxed by the pool the rest of the afternoon, baby Parker loved the water!
Now we're just hanging out, takin naps, and watchin' tv trying to let the worst of the traffic pass.  What a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment