Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then came home to get ready for our girls Christmas date with my family. We went down to Fashion Place mall and had an AMAZING dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We stuffed our faces with amazing appetizers and enormous meals, it was perfect. We went shopping after at Nordstrom's and it was so much fun. I love the ladies in my fam soooo much!
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and wondered yet again how I ended up with such amazing bosses. He gave a a 2 hour lunch break and $100. We had to come back the break after eating lunch at our favortie place and having spent the money totally on ourselves. Then we had to meet back at the office and show off our purchases so he knew we'd really done it! I had so much fun but 2 hours wasn't nearly enough time. I went to Costco, Forever Young Shoes, and Kohls. By habit of course I always ended up in the clearance section.....even when I have a $100 bill in hand. I ended up with a few super cute outfits and some slippers. I had to get my lunch at Pei Wei to go because I was just having way too much fun. We had a quick meeting and I think we all LOVED out new purchases! He gave us our Christmas cards with our real bonuses to spend however we wanted, NICEST man ever!!!!!! I am so gosh dang lucky! I went to visit Danny and Jess after because Jess finally had her baby. They didn't find out what the sex was and it ended up being a beautiful baby girl. They named her Vivian Kate and she is perfect and looks just like her big sister Lucy. I went to the gym after and then had a low key night at home with the hubs.
Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's. I ran to Walmart, Costco and then the gym. Blake and I had a yummy dinner at his parent's and then we went to visit my parents for a bit.
Thursday morning I went to the gym and then ran some errands. I met some of Blake's family for a birthday lunch for Pop's at Toscanos. The food was amazing and we had so much fun. I spent the rest of the day Christmas shopping for the hubs and working on some fun Christmas crafts. That night Blake and I cooked the most amazing Margherita pizza from Costco....mmmm so delicious!
We had a blast, thanks Pres and J for another awesome party! Blake and I grab a steamer and cider from Starbucks and went out to watch the Gateway fountains. We met back up with everyone after at Red Mango. What a great evening!
Saturday morning a bunch of the Miller clan went up to Park City for a fun day on the slopes to celebrate Pop's 60th. There wasn't much snow so there weren't many lifts open but it was a gorgeous sunny day and we had a blast!
We all went home and showered and then met at Pres and Sandy's to watch the awesome movie Blake made for his dad. It was a ton of pictures of Pop from a young boy til the present. He has had such an amazing life and has done more than most dream of! Sandy also gave him a blown up copy of the family picture for his office. The group picture turned out sooo cute!
We all went to dinner after at Cowboy grub and then it was back to the house. Everyone had written a letter of memories to read to Pop. It was amazing and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. He had touched more lives than he will ever know. I have a very soft spot for that man in my heart. He has allowed my to tag along on so many trip with my sweetheart. He was such a great example to Blake and raised him up to treat everyone especially his wife like gold. I'm so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family!
Today we went to church and then came home and made some twice bake potatoes for dinner. We had a delicious Sunday dinner at Sandy's for a last party for Pop. Everyone came and it was super fun. After dinner all the kids made gingerbread men and houses. All the adults helped.......but I struggle so I'm not sure how much help I really was. In my defense some of our gingerbread was broken but we had a lot of fun, even though my house collapsed in the end.
We went to my fam's after and everyone was over there making candy. We played with the kiddos and made gingerbread houses round two. We had so much fun and the kids loved eating/building.
5 minutes later Boston wanted to show the house to his mom.....this is what he found......
I guess I better leave the gingerbread house making to the professionals!
What a wonderful week and weekend we were able to have. It was so fun to reflect over the last few years with Pop. We love him so much and are so grateful to have this amazing man in our lives!










No comments:
Post a Comment