Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas

    This week we were able to celebrate Christmas with the Miller fam and it was a party all week long.  Grammy's sister, Deanna, was in town for the holidays from Las Vegas.  We brought her along for all the festivities and had so much fun with her.  We had family parties every other minute and were able to spend so much time and laugh a lot with our favorite people!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands office and headed straight downtown after.  Meredith had a dance performance that night.
We couldn't make the performance but we all met for dinner after at Squatters and then to see the lights at Temple Square.
 We got all bundled up so we wouldn't freeze
 Even Grammy came!
 Our favorite ladies!
 Miller fam
 Grammy loves her grandkids!
It was round 2 for Blake and I but we still had so much fun.  I love the lights down there!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  I came home to warm soup in a bread bowl from my sweet husband, such a great surprise (he knows they're my fav!)  We spent the rest of the night lounging at our house.

    Wednesday I went to the gym before work, and thankfully didn't lock my keys in the car this time!  I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then met Blake at our house.  We were supposed to go to the temple with Lisa and her hubby but she got pretty sick and didn't make it.  I was super sad.  I hate growing up and not seeing my roomie everyday:(  We went over to Pres and Sandy's so Blake could watch some football.

    Thursday morning I went to the gym and then went grocery shopping.  I met Bethany for lunch at Cafe Rio and we talked over 2 hours, oh how I love that woman!  That night was JJ's (Sandy's sister) annual Christmas party.  It's always one of our favorites!  We had an amazing dinner, played Christmas games, exchanged gifts and Tay-Tay and I entertained!
Taylor listened to Mary did you know over and over and over and memorized the whole thing so we could perform together.  He did such a great job and was so proud of himself, it was the cutest thing ever!!!
 Sisters sharing a laugh
 Taylor helping Blake with his new present
 Macie playing with Parks
 Parker enjoying his new toy
 Our new watches from Deanna, so cute!
 Jamyn gave Sandy some cute new ornaments for her tree, this ornament is for our future baby haha!!
 Parker getting a goodnight kiss!

    Friday morning Blake, Pres, Preston, Ben (Jamyn's brother) and my dad all went on a boys pheasant hunting trip.  They got 3 birds and had lots of fun.  I volunteered to work at Dr. Sands since Blake was going hunting and they wanted to squeeze in a few people that were in town for the holidays.  The day flew by!  That night Blake and I had a yummy dinner at Dasks and then went to a Christmas party at our friend Eric's house.  It was a bunch of old high school friends and it was great catching up with everyone!

    Saturday morning I went to the gym and then Blake helped me make Christmas candy.  We met Nicole, Mikko and the kiddos to go ice skating.  It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun.
Mikko is such a great helper!
 Daddy is a pro!
 Rylee not so much....
 The sun was soooo bright!
 Blake had better luck without skates!
 So sweepy!
 Merry Christmas:)
That night was Blake's dad's side of the family's party......and anyone else who had no where to go on Christmas Eve.  Blake mom is the sweetest human on the planet and can't bear to think of anyone alone on Christmas Eve.  It was quite a full house but we had lots of fun.  We had a yummy dinner, Sandy explained some of the symbols of Christmas, and we played Bingo.
Yes our ornament made it to the tree haha
 Story time with Nana
 Santa made it to our party!
 New Christmas pjs for the Rowleys
 Taylor asked Blake and I to sleep over and there is NO way you could ever say no to that sweet face!  We took the boys to our house to get our sleepover stuff.....they were hardly excited at all........

 We spread out reindeer food on the lawn (which had glitter so the reindeer could see it from the sky) and then went straight to bed so Santa would hurry and come!

    Christmas morning the kids were soooo excited they could hardly stand it!  Pres and Sandy came out in the morning so they could see what Santa brought.
 Skis and Lincoln logs
 Checkin our her stocking
Macie loving her new doll named.......
 This is the birth certificate is came with.......classy haha
 Snowboard and gear
 Relaxing on our bed
It was so fun watching all of them open their presents!  We stayed and had breakfast after and then headed out to Nicole's.  Her poor kids had to wait til after church at 9 to see what Santa brought.  They were sooo excited when it was finally time!
 Santa even ate his cookies!
 New dance cloths
 Red Ryder BB Gun
 Lalaloopsy doll and matching outfit
We stayed out there for a bit and then headed home to start making our pasta salad for Christmas dinner.  We all met at Pres and Sandy's around 5 and opened presents.  Man we are spoiled!
Parker loved the girls new doll Jeep and cried when we took him out!
 Laur loved her panties......the never ending white elephant!
 Pres gave Diesel and Jackson some new peanut butter treat because he knows how much they love their peanut butter!
 We had Taylor perform again because it was so dang cute and we got it on film this time:)
(PS pause my music box that automatically plays when you open the blog so you can hear his cute voice!!)
One last jam session with the kareoke
It was a perfect Christmas!  We had a delicious dinner and then played the most hilarious game called Telesketch.  Definitely a game we are going to have to invest in!

    Monday morning I went to the gym and then Pres, Sandy, Blake, Preston, Jamyn and Lindsay met me at the Original Pancake house for a late breakfast.  That place in amazing!  I went home and got ready and went out to Tai Pan.  All Christmas I have been dying to buy a normal sized fake Christmas tree.  They had major after Christmas sales going on and I got a GORGEOUS 7.5 foot prelit Christmas tree.  I can't hardly stand it I am soooooo excited!  That night we went to see the movie War Horse with both our parents, Pres, J, Whit, Eddie and Sadie.  Blake has been dying to see this movie forever and it was a good one!  We all went to dinner after at Jason's Deli.

    I have all this week off so I'm going to try to catch up with lots of friends, deep clean, organize and enjoy a little R&R!  I'm so sad that the holidays are officially over.  It really is my favorite time of the year.  It brings back so many happy memories from my childhood.  It's such a magical time and I'm already counting down for next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment