This has been a huge week for Blake and I. We've been looking for homes FOREVER! We were so excited when we found this adorable house out in Sandy, but being a short-sale we knew it would take forever if it even happen. It was hard to wait and to not get our hopes up! All the random errands we've been running the past while have been have been writing offers, furniture hunting, appliance shopping, carpet pricing, signing papers and everything else you can imagine. Finally everything came together and we got our first house ahhhhh we are sooooo excited. Sorry this picture is awful (it's from the MLS) but at least you get the idea.
Sunday evening we had dinner with my fam and then spent the rest of the night our there.
Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym. We went to Pres and Sandy's after and had a delicious dinner and then all watched Bachelor. That show is way too entertaining and fun to watch!
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym. We signed all the papers the week before and finally that night got our keys, it was GLORIOUS!!!!!
We finally own our first house, a little scary but sooooo exciting! Of course we went straight over and started dreaming up ideas. The house is in pretty great shape so there are just a few things we need to update. Oh and yes it has a garage, NO MORE scraping cold windows, HOORAY!!!
My new garage door opener
We only have til the end of January before we have to move out of our apt so we're workin out butts off!!
Wednesday I went to the gym before work at Dr. Johansens. I met Kesha at the mall after work to exchange some cloths, grab dinner at Edo at the mall and then headed to the house. Tons of people from both our fams came over to the house to help pull carpet up, tear out some cupboard, fix stairs and clean up a few things.
We ripped out these cupboards and it opened up the kitchen sooo much!
I was the errand girl. Everything is sooo close to the new house and it's so convenient. We have a Home Depot, Lowe's and paint stores less than 4 min away! I had some helpers on my frist Home Depot trip.
Our neighbors across the street came over and introduced themselves. They are the cutest couple and have 5 adorable kids. We stayed super late and were exhausted when we got home.
Thursday morning I went to the gym before work again and then went out to Dr. Dastrup's office. That night I went to 2 wedding receptions by myself so Blake could pound out more at the house. The first one was for one of my best friends Bethany (her wedding dinner was last week), it was beautiful and she looked so happy. The other was for my next-door neighbor and childhood best friend Molly Robertson. We have so many fun memories together and I just adore her! Everything was so beautiful, including her:) I grabbed some Cafe Rio take-out and met my hubs at the house. I just barely missed the bishop and his wife coming over to say hello. It seems to be an awesome neighborhood and everyone is so nice. We had another late night fixin' up and looking at paint card samples.
Friday I didn't work so I caught stuff up at home. I went to the gym, went to the grocery store, did laundry and cleaned. Later that afternoon I picked out the carpet and choose our favorite 3 paints to get samples to throw on the walls. We met up at the house and prepped our house for the painters (one of our friends Andy Allen is a painter and so we hired him and he's letting us help with the easy stuff). I threw my paints up on a few different walls. I loved one but wanted to wait til morning and make sure I like them in natural light as well.
We met Nick and some friends to celebrate his birthday at Tsunami, mmmmm it was so yummy! We had fun chatting with everyone and then headed back to the house. My mom came over to look at paint and clean. Whit also stopped by to say hi and see the house. As usual another late night.........in bed by 1:45 to be exact.
Saturday morning our alarm went off at 6:45 (the loudest volume on my iHome blasting Lady Gaga) and we slept threw it until 7:05 haha! I think we were a bit exhausted. We rushed over to the house and finished a little more prepping until the painters (Andy and Lupe) arrived at 8. They sprayed the whole basement white and it was so loud and paint was all over in the air.
I disassembled all the cabinets to be painted (we're doing them white).
Upstairs they painted all the white (ceiling, baseboards and doors). Again I was the errand girl all day. I lost count of how many times I went to Home Depot, Lowes and Sherwin Williams Paint. Also we've borrowed just about everything you can think of from our cute neighbors across the street. I finally settled on a paint (Cork Wedge) for my walls and I'm super excited (funny the things you get excited about when you get older!) The boys worked their butts off and so while out running errands Pres, Sandy and I grabbed some Subway for everyone for lunch. The boys worked like crazy painting the rest of the day. We have to let the white dry for a few days and then my cork wedge will go up next week, I cannot wait to see!!! Sandy and I cleaned like mad women and whenever the boys needed anything it was back to of of my 3 stores haha. I also picked out some shutter to put up outside the house, dark brown and super cute! A little after 7 we were exhausted and past ready for a break. We went to dinner with Pres and Sandy at Hires and stayed and chatted for a while. Blake's back and feet were killing him so he relaxed in his tub while I got ready for bed.
This morning we once again slept through our alarm haha and were late for church....oopsies! We told everyone we were leaving and we will be sooo sad to leave our awesome ward:( We've met some really awesome people that we will miss sooo much. We've been so fortunate to live in this great apartment and there are a lot of things we will miss....
7 foot ceillings and our dresser being used as a tv stand....for a tv without cable so we could only watch movies haha
A couch only big enough for 2 people.....or 4 people spooning very close!
A table with only 2 chairs that was also used as a computer desk
A kitchen with a total of 4 cupboards for storage
2 people getting ready in front of a sink wedged in a corner not even big enough for one person haha. Also sharing a total of 2 cupboards for bathroom storage (me getting 96% of the space and Blake 4%)
Our linen closet with one shelf for all our towels and sheets
Our cute bedroom with only one nightstand b/c they are a bit wide..
People always say you will never forget the first place you and your husband live. I couldn't agree more! We've had so many memories in that cute apartment and it was the perfect place for our first year. We will really miss it and always smile when we think of it. We are so excited for this next chapter of our lives!









hey Riley! it's kinda funny--i've been looking for apartments on KSL and I think saw this one! i was looking at the kitchen pic and thinking "are there really only 4 cupboards???" so funny. congrats on the house!
ReplyDeleteYour house looks DARLING! I want to see it badly. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!! That is so fun!! It looks so great.
ReplyDelete