Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

  It's hard to believe a whole year has passed and that it is already 2012, just as I'm finally getting used to writing 2011!  Life seems to fly by faster and faster each year.  2011 was Blake's and my first full year married.  We were able to pack so much fun into just 365 days!  We are the luckiest ever and couldn't be happier.  Can't wait to see what fun adventures await us in 2012!

    I had the whole week off at all of my offices and Blake had to work everyday.  I was so worried about keeping busy all week but it flew right past and I barely had time to fit in everything I wanted to do!  Tuesday I worked on last weeks blog and trying to figure out connecting the new camera to the computer.  I went to the gym after I got everything worked out.  That night Blake and I made a pumpkin ravioli dinner and ten went to Pres and Sandy's to watch a football game.

    Wednesday morning I went to the gym.  That afternoon I went to lunch with my long lost Ashlee, a good friend from dental hygiene school.  It's hard to believe we've almost been graduated 2 yrs!  I adore that girl and it was great catching up.  I did some shopping for a bit and then met Blake for an early dinner at Brick Oven (best cheap and delicious dinner ever!)  We went to the Jordan River Temple and it felt so good.  I missed last month b/c Blake went while I was in the Dominican and it felt good to be back.  I love being inside the temple with my husband so much!

    Thursday I went to the gym.  I'm on a new kick now where I love listening to books on tape while I work-out.....ya I know I'm a dork but it is sooo fun!  A few weeks ago I finished The Other Boleyn Girl, Blake started it with me but wasn't a fan.  I, however, loved it.
My next one was even better, Water for Elephants.  I couldn't stop listening!!!  We had to watch the movie the minute I finished.  Definitely not as good as the book but still a good one!
I just started A Stolen Life (Jacie Duggard's memoir).  It is the most sad thing I've ever heard.  Her captor was s sick and twisted man.  She is one of the most resilient people ever, I cannot believe what she went through and what an amazing attitude she has.
I went to Orem that afternoon and met up with some of my Africa crew for lunch at Zupas.  We were there forever chatting.  It's always so fun catching-up and everyone always has lots of great stories.  I'm so grateful for each one of them and the friendship we share.  It's amazing how close one summer can make you!  I went to Kesha's after and the boys showed me all their new presents, so dang cute!  Blake came over after work and we went to dinner with Kesh and the boys at Adobo's (a cuban restaurant).  We went to a wedding after out at Rio Tinto for a cute girlfriend from work, Lindsey.  She looked beautiful and I'm so happy for her!

    Fridays morning I went to the gym and then went over to Whit's.  She invited me to go to Snowbird with her, Eddie and Sadie to watch Sadie ski for the first time.
It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun.  Sadie wasn't scared at all and I was soooo impressed with her.  She laughed her head off and had so much fun.
 Poor Whit had NO traction on her shoes and could not stay on her feet for the life of her!
 Aunt Ry Ry helpin
 Making the pizza
I know that definitely won't be her last ski trip!  That night Blake and I watched Laur and Trav's kids.  We got dinner at Rumbi's and then headed to Murray Ice Rink to go ice skating.  We went ice skating because Chase had called Blake the night before and asked if we could go ice skating haha they are the cutest EVER!!!  We had to wait for hockey to end before we could get on the ice so we took picture to kill time....
 Finally time to skate!
 Macie didn't last too long but did really well.....she was not a fan of her sweet helmet either!
Taylor was a little nervous at first but was rocking it by the end and couldn't stop smiling.  
 Chase was a trooper and nothing could stop him.  He'd fall about every 5 seconds and then pop back up with a big grin on his face.  
Taylor and Chase memorized my phone number on our way out so they could call me when they want to go ice skating again.....I don't think it will be too long!  
We went back to their house, changed into jammies and went downstairs to watch Dolphin Tale.  We had a huge couch but all 5 sat on 2 cushions all cozied up:)

    Saturday morning I went to the gym while Blake went to play rugby at Sugarhouse Park with Preston and some friends.  He went to his parents and watched the U game while I worked on my dessert masterpiece for Bethany's lingerie bachelorette party.  I was laughing my head off making my tushie cookies!
 I even used some of my own for inspiration haha!
Everyone dressed up in fancy black cloths for the party and it was super fun.  She is getting married on January 4th and I am so excited for her!
We were planning on going out to Nicole and Mikko's to ring in the New Year but her poor kiddos were super sick.  We ended up getting some of our favorite sushi at Red Ginger and went to Sandy and Preston's.  My husband loves to spoil me!  Dinner was delicious.
We watched Larry Crowne and then my favorite, New Years Rockin Eve.  I gave my sweet hubby a kiss at the strike of midnight, it was a lovely evening!

    This morning our church switched to 9.  I was dreading it but actually ended up really liking it!  I had to speak in high priests with Kristin and Stuart Anderson about our Dominican Republic trip.  We got our new Sunday School class and there are only 2 girls haha, hopefully more will come next week!  Now we have the whole rest of the day to relax, yay!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! LOVE the cookies! Those are awesome! Love that we have matching red panties! TWINNERS! p.s. How cute are Chase, Tay, and Mace!? Love them. Sadie looks adorable too with her ski ensemble! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love your blog! you are beautiful girl :) and the books on tape for the gym is SUCH a good idea! I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete