Wednesday we were supposed to be leaving for Lake Powell but with Europe this fall we couldn't take anymore time off. SOOO sad to miss out on Powell this year, but it will be worth it in the end. I went running before and then went to Dr. Johansen's. After work I made a quick Costco and then Blake and I decided we needed a date night. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these nights more than anything. I love having my man all to myself and having good chats about life. We went to Cheesecake Factory (thanks to a Valentine's gift card from my momma). We shared a meal and each got our own piece of cheesecake (yes they have sugar free and yes it is out of this world!!!)
After our AMAZING meal we went shopping for a bit. Blake found some awesome new pants that look fab on him! We stayed til close and then headed home. Our best friends across the street came over when we got home for some treats......yes we buy treats just so the neighbor kids will come visit with us haha. We got them nice and sugared up before bed.....your welcome Brad and Stacey haha! Such fun neighbors!
Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's. After work I went to my spinning class which I always love! When I got home Blake and I starting cooking up some shrimp tacos. Eric and Aubrey came over to join us for dinner. We haven't seen them in a while and it was so much fun catching up!
Friday morning I went running and did a few things around the house. I met Whit for lunch at the IMC hospital. She had an appt and the hospital cafeteria just happens to be one of our favorite places to eat.....seriously though its amazing!!! Cute little Spencer was all smiles all day, I could just eat him up!
After lunch we headed to the zoo. It was a little crowded but we still had a blast. It brought back so many fun memories of going to the zoo with my momma when I was little!
That night my sweet husband took me out for a date night. I love spending time with my hubby, isn't it awesome when you've married the coolest person in the world! When we got home we made some smoothies and enjoyed them in the hot tub.
Saturday morning I went running while Blake went to pick up our Bountiful Basket (which was amazing this week!) That afternoon we headed to Spanish Fork to go horseback riding. Blake's fam was in Lake Powell and so I thought horses would be the best way to keep my husband distracted since we couldn't go this year.
One of my dad's best friend's from high school, Brent Kidman, lives down there and we love to go riding with him! His horses are really well trained and super fun to ride.
We rode for about 3 1/2 hours and had a ball! The weather was perfect and the mountains were stunning! Oddly enough we ran into Nick and my dad fishing in the same river we were fishing along.......seriously of all the rivers and all the canyons and all the trails we could have taken and we ran into each other......what are the odds?!?! It was a fantastic day and we were exhausted when we were done.
My cowboy!
On the way back to Kidmans we were all chatting with my mom. In the middle of the call Kesha ran into my mom's house because Nick had called her because my dad was having a heart attack. Blake and I rushed to the hospital and I was a total wreck. All of our fam came, along with my cousin Danny, Uncle Dan, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Brent. We didn't know many details and we were all nervous and emotional. Nick told us all what had happened. On their drive home my dad was having pain in his forearms, tingling in fingers and toes, sweating and dizzy. Nick pulled right off the road and headed to the American Fork Hospital. The assessed him and said he was having a heart-attack. They rushed him by ambulance to the Utah Valley hospital. They rushed him into emergency surgery. Sitting in the waiting room waiting for the doctor was torture. Finally he came and let me, my mom, Whit and Nick go back to see him and talk to the surgeon. My dad was looking ok and the surgeon was letting us know what they did. They found he had 3 blockages (one was 100%, one was 80% and one was 70%). He got 3 stints and they were able get blood flow back thanks to Nick acting so quickly. They said if he hadn't come in when they did the situation would have ended very differently. We stayed and visited for a while and my dad was just as sassy as ever, you would have never know anything was ever wrong. We were all starving so we ran to Brick Oven while he ate his hospital dinner and chatted with Uncle Brent. We all went back after so we could give my dad a blessing. Driving back home I kept replaying in my mind how differently things could have gone. Things like this make you very sentimental and remind you just how important different people are in your life. My dad and I have had so many fun memories together. He has an incredible love of the outdoors and loves to see other have fun there too. My dad knows Lake Powell better than anyone on the planet and some of my favorite memories are there. He is the real tarzan, everyone that lives within 100 miles of our house can attest to that! He has a great sense of humor.....even in the middle of crisis he was joking with the doctor about how he didn't want any medicine that would make him loose more hair haha!
Today we slept in big time because we went to bed so late last night. We just got home from church and are about to head down to the hospital to celebrate father's day in the hospital. I love my dad so much and I'm especially grateful this father's day that we still have him here with us to keep us laughing.








No comments:
Post a Comment