Monday, June 11, 2012

Teton Dam Marathon

    Sunday we went to church and then got ready for our neighborhood walkabout.  This was the first one we've been to and we absolutely loved it!  For a walkabout 5-6 neighbors are chosen as hosts.  Each host chooses one food item, it can really be whatever you want (dessert, appetizer, etc.) Everyone gathers at the first home, eats a little, visits and then walks to the next home.  We had fruit skewers and fruit dip at our house.
We had an AMAZING turnout.....like 70-80 people.  The weather was perfect and we had so much fun hanging out with our cute neighbors.  We seriously hit the jackpot moving into this neighborhood. Everyone is so amazing here and there is such a warm friendly vibe between everyone......sorry Blake but we're never moving!!!!!  When the neighbors moved to the next house the cute Lake kids stayed to visit and help clean up, oh how we adore those little cuties.....I want boy/girl twins like Kyle and Ashlyn, they melt my heart!!!!!!  After we got all cleaned up we headed to Nicole's for Sandy's birthday dinner.  We had some yummy fajaitas and visited with the fam.  The boys played a mean game of soccer and had a ball!  Isn't it nice when your family are all your best friends?!?

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  We met Mike, Alisha and Savy for dinner at Settebellos followed by gelato......Savy loves her gelato!
My favorite restaurant in the world with our favorite people, doesn't get any better than that!  When we got home we plopped right on the couch for our favorite, The Bachelorette.  We're starting to find our favs, surprisingly Jeff (the Utah boy) is starting to grow on us and I really like Sean too! Such a fab show!  We got in the hot tub for a little bit after and then hit the hay.

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens.  I went to the gym.  I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked, but some is better than none!  I rushed over to Grammy's and she, JJ and I drove downtown for Meredith's dance performance.  It was so much fun to watch.  She is the cutest and did such a great job.
Poor Izzy wants to be older so she can be a dancey girl too!  Watching all those cute little dancing girls brought back so many fun memories of dancing.  I can't wait to have little girls in dance someday!  We all went to dinner after at PF Chang, so yummy!  When I got home Blake and I relaxed and watch tv while we cuddled.

    Wednesday I went running before work.  My hip is still pretty tender.  I'm trying to take it easy but still stay in shape.....I hate not being able to run as much as I want!  I worked at Dr. Johansens that day.  That night Bethany and her hubby Andrew came over and we had a nice little steak and shrimp BBQ.  We chatted forever and had so much fun!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went to the gym.  After the gym I ran to my parents house to grab an old baby picture for a baby shower next week.  I started looking through old pictures and started reminescing.  After I was heading to an old junior high friend's wedding shower, Stefi Faust.  I found some old pictures of all of us girls together.  We called ourselves SNO (sister's night out haha I know we were pretty awesome).  We had so much fun together and I adore all these fine ladies.  I went to the shower after and had SOO much fun.  It was so fun to catch up with everyone and see where everyone is, I still can't believe we're all grown up now!
Here is some of the SNO girl now (minus Elise, Jane and Orty)
And back in the day minus Lisa......so classy:)
It was great to see cute Stefi.  There is nothing better than getting married and she is absolutely glowing.  Her boy, Blake, is one lucky guy!  We were all together 2 1/2 hours chit-chatting and catching up and celebrating this exciting time for Stefi.
After the shower I came home and Pres, Sandy and Blake were booking our tickets to Europe.....yep that's right I said Europe!!! Blake and I have been dreaming about going back to visit his mission and we finally decided now is the perfect time and we just needed to make it happen!  Blake's dad also served in Germany and so the boys are gonna show me and Sandy all around and visit all their German friends.  Blake is still in contact with a lot of people from his mission and I am dying to meet all of them!  We are starting in Berlin, then to Frankfurt and Manheim, Switzerland and finally Rome.  I still can't believe it is actually going to be happening!!!

    Friday morning Blake got to work from home.  Even though he can't really play with me while he's working I still love just having him at home with me.  I did my housework catch up, ran some errands and packed for Idaho.  We headed to Whitney's a little after 5.  My mom met us there as well and we hit the road around six.  We stopped along the way for dinner at Maddox........such a MAJOR letdown!  Ugh that place is expensive and not so good......prob my last time going there....at least we had fun chats!  We made it to Rexburg, Idaho around 11:00.  We stayed up talking with Sandy and Dan until 12:30.

    After going to bed so late our 5 am alarms came WAY too early!  Missy came by the house around 5:30 and my mom, Whit, Blake, Miss and I headed to pick Tiff up and then head to our race.  Every year we come up to Idaho and relay the Teton Dam Marathon Race with our Kettle cousins and it is so much fun.  I haven't been able to make it up the past few years and so it was really fun to be back again, especially with my cute husband!
It was FREEZING and windy when we started but we still had a lot of fun.  Missy did the first leg and then tagged Blake.
Our team transportation
The team jersey...
Blake and Missy both had some muddy parts but they both rocked it!  Blake wore the wrong shoes and his poor calves were dying after....also might have had something to do with the fact that he pretty much sprinted his entire part.  I did the next leg and had SOO much fun!
 Mom was next......you can see where I get my love of running!
 The Scott ladies
Tiff went after and her leg was straight uphill for 4 miles, so glad that wasn't me!  Whit was the last and did great.  We all ran the last few yards together, just barely behind another relay team dang it!  
 We had so much fun all together, GO RUNNING CREW!
 Stealing a kiss from the hottest runner ever!
After the rest we went back to Sandy's and cooked some breakfast for lunch.  We were all exhausted after and took some naps that felt amazing!  Blake and I cuddled after we woke up and watched a movie.  That night we went to Missy's for dinner.  She made us delicious tacos.  All the cute Kettle grandkids were running all around.  It was crazy and so much fun, soooo many cute kids everywhere you turned.  The kids are all obsessed with Blake and love him so much because "he is so cool and actually comes outside and plays with us".
I think he's pretty cool too:).    After dinner we went back to Sandy's and watched a scary movie with Tiff and Les.  I was so nervous the whole time, they had no clue what a baby I am haha.  I made Blake stay up with me and watch happy shows for an hour so I could fall asleep haha.

    Sunday morning we had a huge breakfast all together and it was delicious!  We had a lazy day the rest of the day.  That afternoon we all got ready and packed up our stuff and went to see Dan's office.  He has a printing and embroidering company called Kettle Embroidery.  That place has grown SOO much and is so fun to see!  We hit the road after.  Along the way we stopped for dinner at Cafe Rio and it was delicious.  When we got home we went over to Sandy's to celebrate Little Preston's birthday with everyone.  After dinner Janice and Gordon wanted to come see our house so we gave them the grand tour.  We spent the rest of the night unpacking and relaxing.

    Today I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  Sandy picked me up when I got home and we headed out to Laur and Trav's to celebrate Chase's 8th birthday.
He is the cutest little guy with a smile that could melt your heart.  We are so lucky to have him in our family.  We just got home and are watching our favorite Bachelorette!  What a fun week its been!

No comments:

Post a Comment