Sunday night my family all broke our fast together. After dinner we all headed to visit my dad. I was feeling a little better but my family still made me wear this heinous mask to visit with my dad and sit on the other side of the room and no hugs before surgery (little did we know how smart this really was because I got much worse just a few days later).
My dad's sisters and mom came to visit him a little before we did and gave him this AWESOME shirt that describes my dad to a "T"!
Before we left our stake president (and one of my dad's close friends) came and gave my dad an amazing blessing. We were all a little nervous for surgery, but the blessing definitely helped to put us all at ease.
Monday I worked at Dr. Johansen's office. He was in surgery while I was working and it was in the back of my mind all day.
I was so glad when I finally got the text from my mom that he was out and was doing ok. I went to visit him after work with Blake. I was starting to feel a little better but still wore the mask just incase. My mom, Nick and Whit were there too. We visited for a bit and then all headed to dinner at Rubios. We went to hang with Blake parents for a while because we felt like we hadn't seen them in a while.
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's again. My dad had to have a second surgery and reopen everything because they found fluid around his heart which was making his blood pressure drop dramatically. He has an amazing surgeon and everything went really well. I was glad I didn't find out about the surgery until after it was done and he was recovering. I went to the gym for a bit because I was feeling a lot better. I headed over to be with my dad after. I was feeling lots better but I made sure to sanitize my hands before I did anything for my dad. I was able to rub his feet, give back scratches and brush his teeth. It was so fun to be able to spend time with him and take care of him. He was always the best when I was sick, he loved giving foot rubs, back tickles and bring me yummy sugar free yogurt! I met up with Blake later for dinner at Italian Village with his cousin Jen and her husband Rick and 2 of their kids. We'd never been before and we loved it. It was so fun to sit and chat with them, they're awesome! We went back and hung-out with my dad again until we all got sleepy.
Wednesday I woke up feeling really sick again but I still went in to work at Dr. Johansen's, it was a very long day. I went home after work and relaxed for a bit. I grabbed a little salad at Dasks and then went to a Drs appt at Foothill Family Clinic to try and figure out what was wrong again.....once again they couldn't figure it out, sooooo annoying! I took it easy the rest of the night.
Thursday I woke up and felt waaaay worse. I tried to suck it up and get ready but then I took one bite of oatmeal and ran to the bathroom because I didn't think I'd be able to keep it in. I ran into bed with Blake and sobbed because I was nauseous and was hurting everywhere. I didn't wanna leave sweet Dr. D hanging so I text them to start looking for a temp but I'd work til they found one. It was the LONGEST drive and 3 hours of work, but finally a temp showed up. The drive home was awful and I couldn't get to my bed fast enough. I was supposed to go to a baby shower for a friend from school but obviously couldn't go, I was totally bummed. I always love catching up with those ladies! I wanted to stay home and lay in bed but my mom was super worried about me and insisted on taking me to the hospital to get some blood work done (thank goodness for caring moms who make us do what's good for us even when we really don't want to). My sweet husband met us there after work and drove me home. I wasn't home long before I puked (even though I hadn't eaten much of anything all day). The rest of the night went downhill quickly. I was hot/cold, achey, worst headache I've EVER had, nauseous, sore throat and could not get comfortable. We kept taking my temperature and everytime we took it it kept going up. He made me a little bed outside to cool down but even that didn't help. When my fever hit 104 Blake called the ER and they said to bring me right in. He drove our car right onto the lawn and carried me into the car. When we got to the ER he set me in a chair and gave them a little info and they took me right in (I think I looked as good as a felt). My nurse and doctor were amazing! They started me right on an IV and it was instant heaven!
They pumped me full of saline solution, morphine, toradol, and zofran. It took a few minutes but wow it made me feel 800 times better! They did sooooo many test (chest x-ray, strep swab, flu swab, urine test, and a bunch of blood tests).....unfortunately everything came back negative so all we know is what its not. I still can't believe this isn't strep.......(sorry I know this is disgusting haha)
We stayed until all our test came back. By then my fever had finally broken and thanks to all my drugs I felt like a whole new person! We left around 3:30 am and went straight to bed.
I thought I'd sleep great but I was oooooh so wrong! A little after 5 Friday morning I woke up with a pounding headache that brought me to tears I could do nothing but sit in one spot in my bed and bawl. Blake rushed to the kitchen to grab meds. I have to take my antinausea first so I can eat a little to take pills for my heads, so fun. It took about an hour to feel ok again and so then we went back to get more sleep. It was another rough day with on and off fevers and a horrid headache that my meds weren't helping with much. I ate a little bit of toast and that was about all I could stomach. He really wanted to take me back to the ER but I was so over going to the doctor only to be told they didn't know what to do. My awesome brother-in-law Mikko came over later that afternoon and gave me a blessing with Blake. It was a great blessing. Although I wasn't better instantly, I love the comfort that blessing giv. I love our family and that we have so many worthy priesthood holders that will come give a blessing anytime. He works for Pfizer and knows a lot about medicine and diseases, he gave us some great things to asks our doctors and certain disease to start looking into and to possibly test for. I was starting to get super stir crazy in the house so Blake sat outside with me for a bit. For dinner I really wanted Pizzeria Limone. I got to come in the car and it felt so good to have some wind on my face. We had a lovely picnic in the backyard on our camping chair. It was nice and shady and was sooo awesome. We stayed out and chatted for quite a while. Usually I can down a whole pizza (they are meant for one person) no problem, that night it was a struggle to finish one piece. My poor tummy was shrinking quickly. We went out and rented a redbox which unfortunately ended up being awful and we turned it off way before it was over. We went outside instead and Blake hot-tubbed and I sat outside in my camping chair and ate popsicles with him.
Once again it was a rough night and my headaches woke me up like clock work! I woke up around 4 and couldn't move or do anything but cry. Blake ran out and got my meds. It was a good hour until we calmed my head and stomach and we were both able to go back to sleep. When I woke up my nausea came back and would not go away. I couldn't eat breakfast and just wanted to be outside. Blake made me a nice little bed out on our front porch in the shade. It was nice to be out in the fresh air and I did not wanna come in. Around 2 I decided I needed to at least try to eat so I had another piece of my pizza. Blake had asked Trav and the boys to go horse-back riding earlier in the week before I got super sick and they were supposed to go that afternoon. Blake said he was happy to stay with me but I really didn't want him to miss out, I knew the boys would LOVE it! I told him I'd keep my phone right by me and call any of our cute neighbors or fam if I needed anything. Pres was able to go too and they all had a ball! I'm sooooo glad he went, I love how our family is all best friends!
Unfortunately I had a horrid day while he was gone. I laid on the porch for about 3 hours and then it hit and I upchucked everything in my stomach....and then some. Luckily I made to the bathroom in time. I called my mom a little while after and while on the phone had to use the bucket sitting next to me.......it was a rough day to say the least. My nausea pills weren't helping because I couldn't keep them down long enough, it was lovely. Blake came home to a tear stained wife hugging the toilet bowl. He felt awful but really it wouldn't have helped anything having him home and I'm glad he was able to get out and have some fun because he's been soooo amazing with me and been by my side 24/7!
Another rough night, shocker I know! Woke up a little after 4, drugged up, waited an hour, fell asleep (our joyous routine). I never really fell back asleep and when I woke up an hour later I wasn't doing any better. I tried to eat a little to take some pills and new it wasn't gonna stay in me long. Blake finally got me to go to the ER again without a fight, I finally felt sick enough to need to go in. Good thing we brought a bowl in the car because it wasn't long til I lost my breakfast. That ride seriously seemed to last forever! When we got in the check in girl was soooo annoying and was taking her sweet time I felt like I wanted to curl up and die.........and punch her in the face.....really hard. Finally we got back into a room and started on an IV. They gave me 2 bags of saline, morphine, an extra strong antibiotic and some zofran but this time it didn't give me any relief and I was totally bummed. They drew some blood and did a CT scan to see was could be causing my head aches. My sweet in-laws came as soon as they found out we were there and stayed with us the whole time. It was super helpful to have Sandy there to help us ask all the right questions. My poor my was a mess, she wanted to be there sooooo bad but couldn't come near me because my dad finally came home and she couldn't bring anything home that might get him sick. They were going to dismiss me but Blake said he wanted them to ease my pain and nausea before we left (he's a little more assertive than I am, which I was especially grateful for in that moment). They gave me a 3rd bag of saline, morphine and more zofran. I was still ready to puke so they tried phenergan. That seemed to finally work but it knocked me out instantly. I couldn't keep my eyes open, all my words were slurred and I kept asking Blake the same questions over and over. I slept the rest of the afternoon away. Blake ran to Izzy's birthday party for a bit. He did a video chat with me for a minute so I could wish her a Happy Birthday. I took a shower while he was gone and it felt amazing. When we got home we took our camping chairs out front to enjoy some fresh our. The cute Lake fam came over to get our updates and visited for a while. The cute kids kept us very entertained all night!
Guess how my night went.....yep you guessed it! Another rough one going much like the others. When we finally got out of bed my head still hurt and my stomach was a bit uneasy. We got a new nausea pill from the ER that dissolved under your tongue so it wouldn't make me nauseous and it seemed to help a bit. I got another one of my weird cravings.....a ham english muffin from Burger King, so weird but when anything sounds good we have to get it in me asap. Blake ran right over to Burger King only to discover they stopped serving breakfast half an hour ago, he knew he couldn't come home without one haha. Thank goodness he is super handsome and was able to sweet talk the girl behind the counter into making an exception for him. Good thing because I downed the whole thing and man it was good! The rest of the day was soso but I still couldn't kick the headache or last bit of nausea. Blake tried to keep me as comfortable as he could but there was only so much he could do. While I curled up on the couch he went to town cleaning the house to get out all the germs. He vacuumed, cleaned the floors, disinfected all the counters, did the laundry and changed the sheets. I know how lucky am I!
Sandy came by to visit for a bit. She tried some pressure points to try to relieve my head and gave me some ice packs that felt amazing! She also discovered Blake had only been giving me half the dose of Loritab he was supposed to, oopsies haha! Sandy gave my mom a full run down on the phone after she left (this helped my mom feel like she was still a part of everything). Kesh stopped by and brought some drinks since no food sounded good. Blake of course had to run out to the car and say hi to the boys for a sec! We took it easy the rest of the afternoon. That night Kesh brought us dinner and mmmm she's a great cook! Blake went to town and I ate as much as I could.....2 bites of chicken, one potatoe slice, 2 bites of salad and 2 pieces of watermelon....basically as much as Boston eats! It was sure tasty! We watched bachelor pad and then hit the hay.
Blake sent an alarm clock so we didn't get off track on my pain pills and so it was a lovely night and except for waking up once to take pills I slept all night and woke up nice and refreshed! I had some toast for breakfast and started my 1 round of pills. We went to an appt at Dr. Probst office (we decided it'd be best to get started with just one general doctor who'd have all my info and could follow my progress). We ended up running into Blake's high school girlfriend who happened to work at the office, what a small world! We all went to high school together and it was so fun to see her and catch up on each other's lives a little! The appt went well and I think we've finally got things figured out and we're on the road back to good health. We wanted to stop and visit my parents but knew that wasn't a good idea quite yet. We also wanted to swing by and visit Blake's parents before they left for California later that day. We stayed and chatted for a bit.......then the headache hit and we had to bounce because our meds were at home. I took my medicine and laid on an ice pack. After about an hour I was doing much better. Cute Lauren came over with her kids and brought us some yummy lunch from Kneaders. We had a picnic out on the porch. I didn't get to hold Hadley but Laur held her and got her to smile for me, seriously that girl is waaaay to cute!!!!! The kids kept us all laughing and totally entertained! Macie disappeared for a little bit and came back to show us how pretty she looked.....she found mom's 8-hour permanent lipstick, SO PRETTY!
They were the best company and were for sure the best part of my day! After they left we headed to see a chiropractor to see if they could do anything for my headaches. The took some x-rays and did an adjustment. While we were there Blake decided he wanted an adjustment too! When we got home Blake made himself a fancy little pesto dinner and I had Kneaders round 2! We were just watching some tv when our favorite visitors across the street came over for a visit. We went outside and hung-out with the Lakes for a while, they're the best. We just came in and are going to head to bed, fingers crossed that it's going to be a good night!
Being sick has been the worst! I've told Blake over and over the only thing that has been fun about being sick is all the love and support from everyone. Thanks for all your check-up texts, calls, e-mails, facebook messages and visits. You are the best and I love you all!








Rylee, oh my word! That throat picture!!! NO! It looks so painful and awful and I am so sorry that you've been in pain! I love you so much, girl, and I hope you are continually feeling better and getting stronger. Take it easy on yourself and know that it's totally okay to spend some down time--your cute little self needs rest!
ReplyDeleteYou're the best! I wish I was in the same state, because I would love to be able to help :( Hopefully this lil' note lifts your spirits. Your hubby is a complete rockstar, and I'm so happy he's taking such good care of you!
Get better, okay? Love you!
Hayhay