Monday I worked at Dr. Johansen's. I was still feeling sick so I was grateful it was just a half day! I met up with a girlfriend, Alisha, for lunch with her sweet little girl. It was so fun, nothing beats chats at girls lunches! When I got home I attempted to mow our lawn.....something I have never done in my life....pathetic I know! I didn't know it moved on its own if you push the throttle so I pushed it the entire way haha! I also didn't know it could go over cement so I had to restart it everytime I moved around! It looked like an 8 year old had done it, but it was done with love! Since I was already all sweaty I decided to go to the gym for a bit. Since I'm sick I have a pretty hard time breathing because there is so much mucus in my chest. I hadn't been working long before I had to get off the machine and head home because I was blacking out, I think its because I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I AM SOOO sick of being sick. I hate not being able to what I want and not feeling good! When Blake got home from work we grabbed some take out from Astro Burger and went out to play with Nicole's kids. We brought Meredith, Mikko and Izzy home so a sleepover.
They were so excited and we couldn't wait either. We love playing with those little cuties. We don't have a spare bed so we put 2 on the couch and one on the floor.
We fell asleep snuggling and doing back tickles. Everyone slept great.....except my awesome cough!
Tuesday morning Blake helped me get the kids ready. I had the day off for the 24th, but Blake didn't. I was totally bummed! They were awesome and we were ready in no time at all.
The kids all wanted me to take Covershoots haha
I met at Kesha's and we all headed to the 24th of July Days of 47 parade. We met my mom, Lynne and Sara there. We had great seats in the shade. The kids loved the parade! After the parade we played at the playground for a bit and then Preston came and picked the kids up to go boating. I stayed with my fam and we all went to lunch at Zupas. When I got home I cleaned the house for a bit and ran some errands. That night we went to the Bees Game with my fam (minus Whit because they were in Montana). The game was super long but we had a lot of fun.
The main reason Blake likes baseball games...chicago dogs!
At the end they had an awesome fireworks show! After the game we realized Trax wasn't running and that is how Nick, Kesh and the boys came, so we all had to pile into my Dad's Subaru. It was a VERY tight squeeze!Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's. At Christmas Blake's parents gave all of us tickets to see Wiked at Capitol Theater. The day of the play had finally arrived and we were sooooo excited! I saw the play a few years ago in California and loved it! We me Blake's family for dinner at Alforno's before the play. We all went to the play after. It was even better than I'd remembered!
The music was amazing and we all loved it! After dinner we went to Hires to get some drinks. It was such a great night!
Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's office. After work I met Blake and little Mikko at Miller's. For Mikko's birthday we decided to take him horse back riding. He had never been and was super excited! We headed up to Kamas to ride. Mikko was a natural and did amazing.
It was so fun and I have to admit I'm liking horses more and more each time we ride! We rode til dark and then headed home. I think we created a monster, he couldn't stop asking when we'd go again next! On our way home we got a call from my parents. They told us that my dad's doctors thought it would be best for him to have bypass surgery. He'd be going in Monday morning for open heart surgery. I know in the long run this will definitely be best for him but it's always a little scary when a loved one goes in for serious surgery. When we got home I hit the hay because I was not feeling very good and the boys got in the hot tub and then watched a movie.
Friday morning Mikko hung out and watched cartoons while I did laundry and got ready. We grabbed some groceries at Walmart and printed some picture of our ride for him. I dropped him with his mom after. When I got home my visiting teacher, Michelle, picked me up and we went to lunch at Pizzeria Limone, soooo yummy. I'm lucky to have such a great visiting teacher that I absolutely adore! I decided since I wasn't getting better that it was time to see a Dr. The Dr. said that she thought it was a strong strain of viral bronchitis and so she gave me some medicine to try, I sure hope they work because I'm sooo done with being sick! I was feeling really crappy that night and so Blake and I had a laid back night hanging out at home.
Saturday morning I slept in and Blake went to Pres and Jamyn's to help with the fix-up. I ran to Chase's rugby game but got there just as it ended dang it. My mom called while I was in the parking lot and told me my dad had to go in to the hospital that day to get weened off his blood thinners before surgery. I think it hit me that this was really happening and I got pretty emotional. I went to my mom's for a bit to hang out with her and just talk about life. Mom's are super human and always now just what to say and do to make you feel better! I grabbed a massive sonic drink to recharge and then headed to Boston's 5th birthday party. They had a super hero party at their house and went all out! They had face painting, super hero capes for all the kids and super hero games.
It was adorable and the kids all had so much fun but wow there was a lot of kids and craziness everywhere!!! Blake volunteered to tend Spencer during the party.....more and more like pop everyday!
We gave Boston a Batman boat he'd been wanting forever and he loved it!!
Cake time!
After the party we went to my dad's work party at Cowabunga Bay. The kids loved playing in the water.
They also got a new bungy trampoline and the kids loved it!
When we got home Blake and I had a nice soak in the hot tub.Today our family is doing a fast for my dad. I have a strong testimony of the power of fasting and I'm grateful for the comfort it can bring during hard times. We'll break the fast tonight as a family and then go to visit my dad. He will be getting a blessing while we visit him. I pray tomorrow goes well for him and that he will have a fast recovery. I'm so grateful for my dad and I love him so very much.




















No comments:
Post a Comment