This week we got to celebrate Thanksgiving. It has been a crazy year this year and we have so much to be grateful for. I am so grateful to have my dad still here with us. He gave us quite the scare this summer and we are so lucky to have such a great man in our lives! We are also so grateful to have both my Grandpa and Blake’s Grammy here with us. Both have had an eventful year in and out of the hospital. Both are recovering well and we are so blessed to have them in our lives. We also were lucky enough to get 2 new nieces (Hadley and Eleni) and 1 nephew (Spencer) this year and they are the cutest things in the world and bring so much joy to the family. We bought our first house at the start of this year and we have fallen in love with the area and know this is exactly where we were meant to be! I love this time of year, spending time with those we love and reflecting on all of our many blessings!
Last Sunday my family celebrated Thanksgiving. My family does Thanksgiving the Sunday before every other year so that we can be with our in-laws every other year, it works out perfect! Blake and I missed the memo that dinner was a little earlier than usual….whoopsies! My whole family was there, plus my grandparents and Chris. Dinner was delicious and it was fun to all be together. What kid doesn't love olive fingers??
After dinner we watched Brave upstairs so we could clean the kitchen while watching. The kids all love snuggling with Blake!
After the movie the kids disappeared......you can pretty much always find the kids in Grandma's room in front of the full length mirrors. The could entertain themselves there for hours!!
It was a great night. On our way home we had to stop by and visit Eleni and get a quick snuggle in!
Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym. I cooked Pad Thai for dinner that night and it was pretty good! We went to visit Grammy after. We hadn’t been there in a while and it was really fun to see her. She had just gotten her hair done and looked great! She is looking better everyday! It was weird to walk past Grandpa’s room and see someone else in there. So glad he is finally at home!
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen’s and then went running. Blake and I met his parents for dinner that night at Pawits. We went to see Lincoln after. It was a great movie and definitely brought me to tears. What an amazing man he was! I had a major sweet tooth after so we went to Top It and sat around and chatted while eating some yummy yogurt!
Wednesday I worked a half day at Dr. Johansen’s, because of Thanksgiving the next day. Blake was in heaven because he had the day off and went hunting with Preston, his dad and the boys in Jamyn’s family. They had sooo much fun and ended up getting 14 birds! When they got home they put up our light, Preston’s light and Pres and Sandy’s light. Such good boys! After work I went for a run and then went to Blake’s parents. The boys took their birds to Pawits and he gave them some take out. We all shared it for dinner, mmmmm I love that place! We hung-out there for the rest of the night.
Thursday morning Blake got up early to go to his turkey bowl football games. He was playing in 2 and was so excited! I met Kelsi and we did a 10k in Draper. The weather couldn’t have been better and we had so much fun.
There was a group of guys dressed up like turkey and another guy dressed up like a hunter. They kept us laughing the whole way!
It felt good to get some exercise before stuffing our faces! When we both got home Blake set up our tree and I started putting some of the decorations on…..I know it was a bit early but I was just too excited, it was our first time with a normal sized tree! We had Thanksgiving dinner that night at Sandy’s and it was another amazing dinner! Everyone was there and it was so much fun! Jamyn and I made our annual turkey dishes. She made turkey rice krispies and I made tom the fruit turkey. They both turned out great! Behind is is Grammy's sister Deanna who was in town from Vegas, we just love her!
The kids always love our funny creations!
Pop did a big tribute to Grammy before dinner. A few people talked about fun memories with her and how grateful we all are for her. She is the greatest and is so much fun to have around! Here is Macie and Meredith showing her some of their Thanksgiving crafts.
Every babies LOVES my husband......we him the babywhisperer!
He can even get Hadley to sleep!
I'm most thankful for this boy!
All our handsome Miller boys!
Me and my girls, love them!
The Miller clan.....growing by the minute!
Silly faces!
At the end of the night we played a round of Telestrations which is just WAY too fun!
Friday morning Blake went hunting again and was so excited. It was a shooting contest and my man ended up taking 3rd out of 75 people WOOTWOOT!! I went to town and put up all my decorations hwile he was gone. I blasted Christmas music the whole time and was smiling ear to ear the whole time. Christmas always takes me back to when I was little, so many fun memories. I’m so grateful to have had a mom who always made Christmas such a special time of year! I was so excited with how well our house turned out!
My pinterest project that turned out fantastic!
My mom came over to see everything and then we did some Black Friday Shopping. We had a yummy lunch at Blue Lemon. We were pretty successful with our shopping and had a lot of fun! That night Blake and I watched Laur and Trav’s kids. They were so dang cute and we had so much fun! Blake had a live pheasant to show the kids and they thought it was so cool!
After he showed them he let it fly away back home.
We got in the hot tub after and it felt so good. Hadley was in heaven and didn’t stop smiling the whole time.
What makes Christmas time fun!
When we went inside we baked some cookies and watched Brother Bear. Niece and nephews are the best because you get to party and have fun with them, but still get a full night sleep at the end of the night haha!
Saturday morning I went to the gym and Blake went to town cleaning the house. I love that my husband loves a clean house! When I got home I helped him finish up and then went out Christmas shopping. Blake and I hate spending money so we are very picky and will only get the best deals…..but we also only like the best of the best stuff…….so shopping can be quite an ordeal! 5 hours later we had a lot of success and finished each others Christmas. We sat and wrapped each others presents, haha it’s gonna be very exciting to open all these presents that we already know what’s inside! We cooked a lime coconut chicken and it was pretty tasty. We got to watch Lola, our cousin Angie’s little girl that night. She is just 6 weeks and is the most precious thing EVER! Blake would not let me hold her for the first 1 ½ hours! He loves holding cute little babies!
She was soooo good all night. She never fussed. Basically she just snuggled and kept smiling and making cute little sounds. Preston and Jamyn came by to watch Saints and Soldiers and get some holding time in too! Our only complaint was that Angie and Trevor weren’t gone long enough, we didn’t want to give her back!
This morning I was devastated when I found out that my blog was all full. I didn't want to pay for my blog and so I moved to this site. I hope everything works out ok because blogging is one of my favorite things to do. I love journaling our lives together and looking back over old posts to remember fun times. We are so lucky and so in love!
























No comments:
Post a Comment