Sunday, November 11, 2012

Never Ending Snow Storm!

     Winter finally decided to hit this week and I am still in awe of how much snow we got.....and are still getting, I haven't seen this much snow in a long time!

    Last Sunday we drove up to Randolph, UT for my cousin Matt's baby blessing.  We have such an awesome family and we love Matt and McKenzie and their new little one Logan so much! He looked so handsome in his blessing tuxedo haha!  
 The proud momma!
 Blake is a baby magnet and they all love to play with him.  This is the famous balancing game Blake always plays with the kids.
 This blue eyed boys is a little afraid of heights haha.......
 Before Matt got married Grandpa was so worried that the Davis name would not be carried on (Steve is his only son).  Logan's middle name is Donald after Grandpa and he is so proud of that little guy!  A 4 generations picture, priceless! 
 Grandpa got to take a field trip from Aspen Ridge to come be with the family and he was in heaven!
 Great grandma loves her babies!
We spent the rest of the night hanging out at my parents.

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands office and then went to the gym.  We went to Scott and Lindsay's after because we were having Eleni withdrawals.  She is the sweetest baby and we just love her soooo much!  My husband loves his babytime!
 Eleni's daddy is a VERY talented photographer and took these adorable newborn pictures of her, could she be any cuter?!?!?

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens.  I had a long lunch so I surprised Blake with lunch at his office. I never get to see him during the day so it was such a treat:)!  That night I cooked our favorite, teriyaki pineapple chicken (this has totally become our go to dinner) with cranberry broccoli quinoa and beach salad (a Miller family favorite).  I'm starting to love cooking (whenever our insane schedules allow it haha).  We headed to Preston and Jamyn's after and then we all headed to the boys flag football game.  The game was super fun, especially cause they won, but overall it was a sad night.  We got the news that Mitt Romney lost.  He would have been a fabulous leader and would have done a lot of good things for our country.  We stopped by to visit Pres and Sandy after and poor Pres was devastated by the news.

    Wednesday I went running before work and then worked at Dr. Johansens.  I cooked again after work.....two days in a row woot woot.  We had beef with broccoli and edamame, delish!  Since we're both in young men and womens now we get to party at the ward together every Wednesday.  We did a bunch of get to know you games because there were a few new faces with the new ward boundaries, it was a fun night.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups and then went to the gym.  I grabbed some dinner to go at Noodles and met Blake at Preston's.  We went to another flag football game.  They made it to the championships, so proud of our boys.  Here is the wifey's fan club: me, Jamyn and Eliza.....good thing we get to cheer for the hottest team!
 Check out those legs!
 Team huddle
 Miller boys in heaven
They played a tough team and ended up loosing but they played a great game!

    Friday morning I was going to go run but instead woke up to a massive snow storm, biggest storm we've seen in a LONG time!  I got cozied up and decided it was a great day to deep clean and stay warm inside.  Nothing better than getting the house spic and span!  I ran to a cycling class and it totally kicked my butt!  There was still lots more cleaning to do when I got home!  Later that afternoon I met Whit at South Towne Expo Center for the Christmas Show. My mom used to take us to all those fun things growing up and it always brings back so many fun memories!  I love everything about those fun boutiques and getting all excited about Christmas music.  I was in heaven with all the music, smells and fun things to buy everywhere you looked!  I was there for 3 hours and even that wasn't long enough!  I could have done some serious damage to my wallet there but I was able to limit myself to a few adorable Christmas decorations for my house!  I met Blake, Logan and Lisa after for dinner at Olive Garden.  We had a yummy dinner and then went to see the new James Bond, Skyfall.  It was a fun evening with our favorite people!  When we got home the snow was still dumping down and we could not resist the hot tub!  Nothing beats hot tubbing on a cold snowy night!

     Saturday morning we woke up to even more snow, the snow was never ending and was gorgeous!  My poor husband started shoveling the driveway but it was wet heavy snow and there was sooo much! I finally decided it was time for him to get the snowblower he's been begging me for since we got married.  Since I never volunteer to go to shovel I decided I couldn't deprive him of his new toy.  He ran to Home Depot and they were flying off the shelves like crazy.  He was like a little boy on Christmas morning when he got home and put his new toy together.  He did our driveway and walks.....and then had some fun at the neighbors, he just didn't want to put his toy away!
 I ran to the gym for a bit.  When I got home we jumped in the car and headed out to Lauren and Trav's.  With the new babe they decided it was time to finish the basement so all the kiddos can have rooms.  The boys worked hard all day framing things off. I watched the kiddos while the boys worked, it was a tough job but someone had to do it:)
 Love my girls!
 Meredith came over to play and her and Tay had a blast in the snow!  They were in heaven eating all the icicles!
 So lucky to have such skilled boys in the family!
 After a hard days work we were all starving so we ran to dinner at Pizzeria Limone.  The whole fam happened to be hungry too so we had Miller party there!  When we get that many kids together it can get a bit crazy.  The night ended with poor Parks falling and breaking his front tooth, gosh dang it:(  We went back to Pres and Jamyn's after and they had some friends over to watch the U game.  The weather was still nuts!  When got home after we couldn't resist the hot tub.  It was so quiet and beautiful outside.  The sky was completely white and you could see any black, it was gorgeous!

    This morning we woke up to, yes more snow.  We had icicles hanging everywhere....look at how much snow was piled on our fence!
 Our neighbors tree falling into our yard from all the heavy snow.
Our house is in a beautiful winter wonderland and we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment