Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baby Payten Is Finally Here!!!

    Baby Payten kept tricking us all week.  We all thought Kesha was going to have this little girl early so we started planning on Kesh's birthday, Feb. 1.  Blake and I offered to take the boys if anything happened in the middle of the night since we live closest.  We packed overnight bags and didn't sleep very well with all the anticipation!  We wanted to meet our sweet baby girl!!!!

    Monday was my last day at Dr. Sands office.  It was a sad day.  I've had so much fun working there the last 2 years.  I've been working with some amazing girlfriends and a great boss.  Change is never easy, especially when you leave something so awesome behind!  Our awesome Dr took us out for a goodbye lunch at Zupas and it was delicious!
 After work I went to boot camp and it kicked my booty!  Sandy, Preston and Jamyn came over to our house and we had superbowl leftovers and watched Bachelor, our guilty pleasure!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens.  After work it was pretty nice outside so I decided to go for a run.  I noticed a hole in my brand new shoes so Blake and I went to Scheels that night to exchange them.  Of course we couldn't leave without stopping by Costco too........that corner of the valley is my husbands favorite....Scheels, Costco and Larry Miller Auto Mall (we literally have to drive through the parking lot everytime so he can show me his dream truck, juuuuust incase I forget haha).  That night we had a little BBQ at home!  Lucky for us Bachelor was on twice this week so we got to watch it while we ate our yummy dinner.

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to boot camp.  I had young womens that night and we did the cutest little craft.  The girls made "engagement cans".  The put a bunch of things about their dream fiance/wedding/future family in a can and then we are going to seal them up and then they will open them when they get engaged.  I wish I would have had something like that, so cute!  I love hanging out with those cute girls, they are the best!

    Thursday was my last day at Dr. Dastrup's, another tough goodbye.  Although the drive sucked, I've loved working there so much.  You couldn't find a sweeter dentists and staff.  We were a little family and I am going to miss them sooooo much!  Dr. D took us to lunch at Pizza Factory and it was really fun.
 Kaylee surprised me at the end of the day with my favorite sugar free popsicles, she is the best!
That night we met up with Pres and Sandy for our temple night.  We were going to go to SLC temple but remember that last year it was about this time of year that we tried SLC and it was closed for cleaning.  We looked online and sure enough it was closed.  We decided to go to Draper instead.......only to pull into an empty parking lot haha!!!  Who knew they'd close more than one temple at a time for cleaning, whoopsies.  Do you still get credit for attempting temple night?!?  We decided we'd still at least go out to dinner.  We went to Texas Roadhouse and it was a really fun night.

    Friday morning I went to piano.  I can't even explain how much fun it is to be back!  I've missed it soooo much!  After piano I went to the gym and then to a training to learn how to use the lasers at my new office.  It's a bit overwhelming but I've got lots of cute people to help me learn everything!  I met up with my sweet girlfriend Alisha and her babe Savy for lunch at Cafe Normandie.  The food was good but the company was even better!  Love me some girls lunch:)!  I met up with Blake after and we did some Valentine's shopping.  We did laundry and a few things around the house and then met up with Whit, Eddie and the kids for dinner at Rubios.  We ended the night at Pres and Sandy's to say goodbye before they headed off to Cabo lucky ducks!

    Saturday we were supposed to go heli-skiing but because of the storm they cancelled and reschedule for next weekend.  Blake still went up to ski.  I was too excited about baby girl Scott.  Kesha was scheduled to be induced if she hadn't gone into labor.  The hospital took FOREVER to call but finally she got to go in around 1:30.  We watched the boys while they went to the hospital.  The boys wanted to hot tub and so that was a perfect distraction, they were soooo excited to meet baby Payten.  We stayed in 1 1/2 hours and we were all total prunes!
It was perfect h-tubbing weather, freezing outside and super warm in the water.  We showered, got ready and watched some cartoons.  We kept getting updated from Nick and my mom.  The boys were starving so we headed to the hospital to have dinner because we both love the cafeteria at IHC.  My parents and Kesha's mom and sister were there too so we all ate together.  The baby was here but they were moving Kesh to her room and doing a few things with the baby.
It was a rough day for Kesha but she was a champ and did AMAZING!  It's crazy what a loving mom will go through for her baby!  Payten tried coming out hand first and made things a bit interesting for a while.  Thankfully Kesh had an amazing Dr, Dr Terry and things worked out well and both mom and baby are healthy and happy.  We were all chomping at the bit to get up and see Kesh and our new baby girl!  Finally it was time........
 First the boys wanted a big hug from mom!
 As you can see these are 2 pretty proud big brothers!!!
 These boys love their new baby girl!
 We couldn't get enough of holding her and staring at her
 This is our 14 niece/nephew :), love our lives and all these little cuties!
 The boys, Nick even wore pink for the occasion!  There's gonna be a lot more pink in their house now!
 Poor Sadie was devastated because she couldn't come to the hospital.  Only siblings under 14 were allowed because of the flu going around.  She was hyterical when Whit left and the only way Whit could console her was by promising to face time when she got to the hospital.  It was one of the highlights of the night.  She was so excited and giggly.  She kept talking to Payten and telling us how cute was.  She wanted to feel like she was a part of everything and so she had to talk to everyone in the room haha, even Kesh.  That girl kills me, I love her!
 When the nurses took Payten to the nursery Easton had to say goodbye and show her his awesome toy (baby Payten gave her brothers Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys).
 We had to go down to the nursery because we couldn't keep our eyes of our new baby girl.  Easton was blowing her kisses haha.
When we left the boys wouldn't leave until they got kisses from mom and baby sister.  They went home with Kesh's mom.  The roads were a bit crazy with all the snow but we thankfully made it home safe and sound.  I'm so glad we have another beautiful healthy baby in our family.  How blessed we are to have all these cute kids to make life so fun!

    This morning we went to church.  Both of us had to teach so we did some last minute preparation together before we headed off.  Now we're just getting ready to go visit Grandpa and get some baby snuggles in!

2 comments:

  1. oh what a great post! So glad things went well with Kesha! what a beautiful baby girl! :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful new baby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete