Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kesha Bday and Ski Date

    Last Sunday Blake and I went to visit Grandpa.  They had just started a brain test on him so we didn't even get to go in and see him, we were bummed!  We went over to Whitney's after and watched Jay Leno from my Cali trip that she had TiVo'd for me.  Lisa and I were shown for 1 second and I was so proud haha!  We had dinner at Sandy's that night.  She did a birthday dinner for Scott and I and it was delicious!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands.  Last week after temping at another dental office, Focus Dental, I was offered a job.  I have been SO happy at my jobs and so I didn't think I'd ever take another job.  Blake and I prayed and fasted and put a lot of thought into what would be best for our family.  We felt like it was the right decision for me to take the job.  I am extremely sad to leave Dr. Sands and Dr Dastrup.  They have been so good to me and I feel so blessed to have been able to work with them as long as I did.   I am very excited to be a part of this amazing new dental team at Focus Dental.  There are 3 doctors in the office, Dr. Duke, Dr. Van Alfen and Dr. Curtis and they are all wonderful, as is the rest of the staff.  I feel so lucky to love what I do as much as I do and I can't wait to begin this new chapter.  After work I went to the gym.  That night Blake and I had dinner with Sammi, Amir and Jane (Sammi is my behive advisor).  We had a lot of fun hanging out with them, we've got the most wonderful ward!  After dinner we headed to go visit Grandpa, but my mom called as we were on our way and said he'd just fallen asleep and so it may be better to come another day.  We went home and snuggled while we watched The Bachelor.  

    Tuesday  I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went home and made some dinner to take to the Johansen's the next night (his wife just had a baby).  After cooking I ran to the gym.  I doubled to recipe for dinner and Blake and I went to Grammy's and brought some dinner.  I can't believe how well she is doing!  She's back at home and is stronger than ever!

    Wednesday morning I went to the gym before work and then went to Dr. Johansens.  After work me and some of the girls from work took dinner over to the Johansens.  Their sweet baby girl London is so tiny and I could have held her all night!!  I had young women's at Sammi's that night and it was fun hanging out with our cute girls!  Later that night Blake and I met Dj and Kelsi for dinner at Red Mango haha yes we eat Red Mango for dinner and no I'm not the least bit ashamed!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups.  I went to a workout class, power flex, after work.  It totally kicked my butt and I'm still sore from it!  We met Thomas and Bre that night for a dinner date.  We ate at Hires and it was super fun.  Londyn melts me and I just love hanging out with her so much!!

    Friday morning I went to a pilates class.  It wasn't my favorite class but it still felt good to get out and get some exercise.  I ran to do some grocery shopping and then got ready for the day.  I met up with my cute friend Michelle, my old visiting teacher.  I adore her and we had WAY too much fun.  We went to my fav, Settebellos, and it was divine!  We were at lunch over 2 hours just having some awesome girl time.  I did a few things around the house until Blake got home.  That night we met my fam for Kesha's birthday dinner at Rio Grande.  She is the greatest sister in law and I'm so glad we were lucky enough to snag her into our fam!  She has always understood me so well and is my favorite person to talk with. I love her soooo much:)!  
 These boys sure love their momma!
 Whit made a really "special" cake for Kesha haha
Make A Wish...

    Saturday morning Blake and I woke up bright and early to hit the slopes up at Snowbird.  We went up with Pres and had a blast.  It was a gorgeous sunny day and the snow was great!  We skied super hard and wore ourselves out.  We stopped late afternoon to grab some lunch and rest our muscles.  My fam came up in the afternoon to take the kids skiing.  It was a perfect day to learn skiing!
Spencer was loving the snow and kept eating by the handful!
 This is Sadie's 2nd season skiing and she is doing SO well.  She can do the chairlift and go down the entire hill without any help!
 You'll never guess who Easton wanted to take him skiing for his first time.....Blake is everyone's favorite:)
 Boston went with Daddy and he loved it sooo much!
 Easton was smiling ear to ear and his legs were like jelly haha, poor Blake's back!
 So proud of himself!
 Boston riding the chairlift with dad
 A successful 1st ski day for both boys!
 Boston needed a turn with Blake too!
 Saders loved going with Aunt RyRy
 What better way to end the day than I nice soak in the hot tub!  It was heavenly and warmed us all right up. 
 We got take-out after from Cafe Rio and watched Hercules.  Basically it was my definition of a perfect day.  There is nothing that I love more than having my house full of the people I love:)

    This morning I had to say the opening prayer at church.  This may sound like no big deal but I have major public speaking anxiety and I was freaking out all morning.  It went just fine and the good news is that I'm off the hook for the next year:)!  Now we're just hanging out at Pres and Sandy's watching the Superbowl.  Blake is in heaven....good food, good friends and football!

No comments:

Post a Comment