Monday, February 25, 2013

Snowmobiling

    Last Sunday Lauren had us out for dinner.  Our friend, Christian, from Germany is in town for the next 3 months.  He is working for the church and has a special training here in Salt Lake.  We are SOOO excited he is here with us!  He came with us to dinner and we had a lot of fun!  How lucky we are to have such great family that always makes sure we're taken care of!

    Monday I worked at Focus Dental and then went running.  That night Blake's parents got home from Cabo and so we went to the airport to pick them up.  We were glad to see their tan faces!!!  We grabbed some dinner and then went to Pres and Sandy's to watch Bachelor.

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went running again.  I love when I can run outside, its my favorite!  We had some new neighbors move in the neighborhood that are our age.  This may not seem like a big deal haha but it's epic.....first couple our age without kids since we've moved in!  We dropped by to say hello and to see their house.  They're in the middle of a remodel and it brought back a lot of memories.  They are great and we are so glad to have them in the neighborhood!  That night Blake and I drove to Orem to see Lisa.  Poor Logan had night school, so he couldn't join us, but it was still a lovely night!  I love my Lisa Friend!!!  When we got home we watched Bachelor round 2, I love getting 2 episodes in one week!

  Wednesday I went to the gym before work and then worked at Dr. Johansens.  That night we had an etiquette dinner for young mens and womens.  Blake was my date for the evening and we laughed our heads off all night.  We have the greatest group of leaders that keep every activity extremely entertaining!  Blake went to play basketball with Preston and some friends after and I played piano.

    Thursday I worked at Focus Dental and then went to the gym.  That night we celebrated my dad's birthday.  We tried a new restaurant, Agave, and it was really yummy.  My dad was in heaven having the whole family together having fun.  It was a perfect night!
Me and the birthday boy, he loves dressing up haha!
 All the kids needed a turn with the birthday sombrero!
 Instead of birthday cake or ice cream they brought out a bunch of churros.  The kids were heaven.....especially Spencer, he sucked that thing like a binky!

    Friday morning I went to piano.  I learned a new song Blake really wanted me to learn, Give In To Me.  It's recently become one of "our songs" and we are both a little obsessed with it!  After piano I went to the gym.  I ran by my grandparents to visit them and see their new place.  They were in the middle of a game of bingo with all their friends and I didn't want to interupt.  Bingo is their FAV and it brought back a lot of good memories watching them.  I remember when I was little they'd always take me to play Bingo when they'd stay at Snowbird over Labor Day.  I watched them for a bit and then peeked into their new room.  The room is super nice and I think this move is going to be really nice for them!  They will keep really busy with all the fun activities!  I went home after, did some laundry and packed our bags for the weekend.  When Blake got home we headed to his parents to pack up the car.  Eric and Aubrey met us at his parents (some of our good friends) and we picked up Christian on our way out of town.  The weather was a crazy blizzard and Pop accidentally missed the turnoff so our drive was an extra 2 hours....whoopsies!  We finally got to the cabin a little after one and were all very exhausted!  Blake and I brought our awesome Valentine's Day Gift and it was awesome!

    We woke up at the crack of dawn so we wouldn't miss out on one second of snowmobiling.  Aubrey and I had sweet one piece suits......I know you're jealous!!!
Poor Sandy hurt her back in Cabo so she couldn't come, we really missed her!
 It was a blizzard the whole time which made visibility a little tricky but the powder was insane!
 Blake LOVES to play on his snowmobile!
 Mesa Falls with Eric and Aubrey
 Us with Pop and Christian, such a gorgeous view!
Me, Blake and Pop in front of the lake.
 We were having so much fun and before we knew it was 3 and we were starving.  We met Sandy for a very late lunch at Pond's Lodge and it was great.  We rode for a little bit after.  Of course right before we finished the skies finally cleared haha.  In spite of the weather we still had an amazing time!

    We woke up pretty early Sunday morning so we could clean up and hit the road to make it home in time for all the birthday festivities.  Both Spencer's and Macie's birthdays were that night.  It was gorgeous weather for the drive home and we really didn't want to leave!  We went straight to Whit's to party with them.  I still can't believe it's been a whole year since Spencer was born.  I can't imagine life without that sweet little guy but WOW the time has flown by!
Whit made this adorable cake
 Sadie helping Spencer open his present
 Spencer got his own Utah jersey with Daddy's old #
 So pumped about presents!
 After eating some dinner we hit the road and headed out to Lauren's to party with Macie.  She turned 4 but is actually going 16!  She has so much attitude and always keeps us laughing!  I love being all together with all the Miller kids.  There are SO many and they are the cutest in the whole world!!!!
Macie trying on her new necklace we got her
 crazy cousins
 Love my Macie girl!

    This morning I worked at Focus Dental.  It was a crazy day and I was exhausted when I finally got off.  I got off pretty late and then headed to the gym.  After my workout I came home to dishes done and hot dinner on the table.  My husband is the best!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment