Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tay's Birthday and Surgery Time

    Last Monday I worked at Focus Dental and then went to the gym.  We had some stuff we needed to run to Lauren's house, we love to be so close to them now!  We ended up timing things perfectly, just in time for dinner haha.  Lauren is the best cook and fed us the yummiest dinner.  When I grow up I want to be half the mom/wife/chef that Lauren is!

    Tuesday I worked at Johansen and then went to the gym.  We had an awesome date night with Preston and Jamyn that night.  We ate a delicious dinner at Sawadee (best Thai food ever!!!)  We went to see Thriller after.  I LOVE Thriller so much, best way to get into the Halloween spirit!  As usual it was amazing and we had a blast!

    Wednesday I worked at Johansen's and then went to the gym.  That night Blake had double header flag football games and I just did stuff around the house.

    Thursday I worked at Focus and then met up with Whit, Kesh and the kids at Cornbellys.  Since it's in Lehi I stopped by to visit Blake at work 1st and bring a treat.  Cornbellys was awesome and the kids LOVED it!  I seriously love Halloween sooo much!
 Doesn't matter how old you get.....these signs are always hilarious!
 Potato sack slide
 This little girl has me wrapped around her finger!
 The cow train
 This was all Easton wanted to do and he was in heaven the whole time
 I got to ride with Payten and it was so fun.  She laughed the whole time and was soooo dang cute!
 I ran to the gym for a minute after and then to Steph's house for a ladies night with all the girls from work.  We got Cafe Rio take out and watched a movie.  I seriously love these ladies so much!  We have so much fun together and I'm so lucky I get to hang-out with them every week at work!
I mustache you a question......
 We hardly have any fun together......

    Friday morning I went to the gym, did some grocery shopping and then spent the rest of the day out with Lisa and baby Haven.  Can't get enough of my baby snuggles!
Baby Haven's newborn pictures, gosh I LOOOVE her!
That night we headed to St. George with Pres, Jamyn, Preston and Sandy.

    Saturday morning the boys went golfing and us girls went on a bike ride.
We are all Asics girls
 We had a ton of fun riding together!
The boys had so much fun, it was a gorgeous day for golf!
 We met up after for our favorite Greek (Mad Pita) and an Orange Peel, my two favorite things ever!  On our way we saw these Sharpee puppies and had to stop and play for a minute.  They were so wrinkly and ADORABLE, I kinda wanted one......really bad!
 We spent the rest of the day laying out and playing in the pool/h-tub!  That night the U game was on so we had dinner at Iggy's and watched the game there, it was really fun!

    Sunday we went to church and then ran to The Egg and I.  The only thing I love more than oatmeal is a whole wheat banana granola pancake, seriously epic!!!  After breakfast we went back to the pool and soaked in every last drop of sunshine!
 We drove home and went straight to Taylor's birthday party.  I still can't believe he is 7, CRAZY!  They had a home depot tool party and it was so fun.  All the kids got kits to make their own tool boxes.
Izzy and Macie ready to get started
 Dad helping the birthday boy
 Nana is the best helper
 Chase was pumped about his toolbox
 Happy Birthday Tay!  This boy is the most photogenic child ever!!!
 Pinata time
 Rush for candy!
Tay wanted the long skinny balloons that clowns make animals out of haha, he cracks me up! 
 Make a wish!
 This little lady loves her momma soooo much!

    Monday I worked at Focus and then took dinner from our office to Babette, my cute hygiene assistant.  She had carpal tunnel surgery and will be down for 2 weeks.  I miss her already.  She is the cutest and we have so much fun together.  My lifelong dream is to look like her when I'm 50 and have 1/2 the energy she has!  I met Blake and his parents for dinner at Pei Wei and then we went to see Captain Phillips with Grammy, Deanna and Preston.  BEST MOVIE EVER!  Anyone that hasn't seen it needs to immediately!

    Tuesday was the day my surgery finally arrived.  I was sooo glad I got an early surgery time, mostly because you can't eat after midnight the night before surgery and I didn't want to starve to death.....I get a little scary when I'm hungry!  Blake gave me a really nice blessing right before surgery.  Blake's cute dad came up to hang out with Blake while I was in surgery, he is so sweet!
Ready or not here we go!
 Surgery was about 45 minutes and supposedly went really well.  When the Dr came in to give Blake the downlow on everything he did and some post-op instructions Blake and Pop decided they'd rather talk to the Dr about all his cool cars haha!  Blake didn't even know when I could shower or how long I needed to keep the bandages off, leave it to boys whoopsies!
The bandages were WAY bigger than I expected, I basically looked like a mummy!
 Very classy.  I felt pretty good after surgery and was able to walk around a little.
Our families are the best and took great care of me!  Sandy spent a lot of the afternoon with me after I woke up from my nap.  She left after Blake got home.  She left us with fajaitas for dinner.  She made a ton so we told Lauren she needed to come over with her kiddos.  I'm so in love with those cute kids.  They were so sweet to me.  Macie couldn't get enough of my bandages and kept making me pull up my shorts to show everyone how big the bandages were.  It was so fun to have the company:) 
After they left Pres and Jamyn stopped by with my favorite treat in the world, Red Mango.  It totally hit the spot!  They stayed and chatted for a while and it was really fun!  

    I slept pretty well last night and have been feeling pretty good.  I can walk pretty well, just a little stiff and sore.  I've been pleasantly surprised with how easy recovery has been so far, hopefully things continue going this well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment