Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the opportunity to sit back and
think about all you have to be grateful for. Blake and I feel so blessed this year between both our
amazing families, our new house, our new jobs and our wonderful marriage. Life has been good to us this year and
we are very grateful for our many blessings!
Last Sunday a few of the Miller clan came over for
dinner. It was so fun to have our
house full of family! It was a
great night. Sandy also helped me
finish a project I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now. We found these bar stools in the gutter
in Draper, one of Nicole’s neighbors put them our during the neighborhood
clean-up. We snagged them and have
loved them but they just needed a little freshing up and I think it turned out
great!
Monday I worked at Focus and then headed down to Provo with Blake to see Lisa and the baby. They were blessing their baby that weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, so we wouldn’t be able to make it so we wanted to see them before. It was such a fun night. That little girl is to die for!!!
We met Logan for dinner once he was done with class. I didn’t want to leave Haven at the end of the night!
Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens and then went to the gym. We had a laid back night. Got some groceries and started packing for St. George with my fam.
Wednesday Blake and I only had to work a half day. Eddie wasn’t able to come so we drove down to St. George with Whit and the kids once we were all done with work. We stayed and my Aunt Cathy’s condo down there, it is really nice! We arrived just in time to grab dinner with my parents at Pizza Factory.
Of course before we could head back to the condo we had to grab dessert at Orange Peel!
Thursday was Thanksgiving. In the morning Whit and I went to the gym while the boys went to play football. We spent the rest of the day cooking and enjoying an amazing Thanksgiving dinner.
Dessert Time!!!
My Grandma Scott, Lynne and Sara Carlquist came to join us. After dinner Blake and I sacked out for about an hour, that turkey gets ya everytime! After a little pie we played some games, Mad Gab and Scattergories. It was hilarious and we had so much fun! Late that night I was changing Payten and she had major diaper rash so we headed out into the black Friday madness to get diaper rash cream……bad idea. It was an absolute madhouse and the line was well over an hour long. My phone had died and I lost everyone so many times and had to borrow random people to track everyone down! I ended up buying 3 things……that weren’t on sale haha awesome!
Friday morning Whit and I went to the gym and then to Orange Peel. Mom, Cathy and I did some shopping and got a few deals. Blake ran into a friend from our old ward and they ended up golfing together while we shopped. When we got back to the condo we went to the tennis courts and played with the kids.
That night we went down to the temple to see the official lighting of the Christmas lights. They did a little program and then turned them off, it was great. We walked all around the grounds to see everything, it was gorgeous! I love that temple so much!
Spencer showing Blake "Desus Howwse" (Jesus House)
The Fam
The temple doors
That night Blake and I went out to see the new Vince Vaughn movie, The Delivery Man, which was really cute. One our way home we stopped and got some frozen yogurt.
Saturday morning Whit and I went to the gym and then to Orange Peel. We spent the rest of the afternoon with Kesh, my mom and then kids at Santa’s Gift Shop Expo, I love those little shows!!! Santa was there too!!
We ran to the outlets after and the boys met us there. We went to dinner that night at Paula. It used to be one of our favorites but it has really gone downhill! We all got in our comfies at home and snuggled up to watch The Way Way Back, I really liked it!
Sunday morning Blake and I went to church. We were starving after so we went to my fav, The Egg and I. As usual they did not disappoint. We went back to the condo and cleaned for a while. We hit the road for home around 2. We got home early enough to unpack and relax by the fire for a while! It was a perfect Thanksgiving and now we are super pumped for the Christmas season!!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment