Thursday, June 5, 2014

Davis Shower

    Still a little behind but this post should get us back up to date......Last Tuesday I worked at Johansens and then went to the gym.  That night we got to tend Nick and Kesha's cute kids.  Blake had a flag football game so we all went to cheer him on!
It was insanely hot and since they were so good........because these days the heat is getting to this pregnant girl......we headed straight to the nearest snow cone place and it was glorious.  We went back to my house and ate our treats outside while Blake mowed the lawn.  Nick and Kesh came to pick up the kids and stayed to chat outside for a while.  It felt so good, I LOVE this time of year and being able to stay outside all night!!!

    Wednesday I worked at Johansens and headed straight to Ikea to meet Blake.  We got some money at our last shower to put towards our dresser so we went out shopping.  We found 2 awesome finds!  An adorable dresser that will also be her changing table and a 2x4 cubby shelf that will be a bookshelf and place to put away toys.  We both loved them so much and couldn't wait to get them home.  We stopped at Nicole's after to visit the kids and have some dinner, love those cute kids!  When we got home we realized the bad part of Ikea is you have to assemble everything.  The good news is I married an amazing boy who doesn't procrastinate anything ever and he got right to work that night........and didn't come to bed until 3 am!!

    Thursday I worked at Focus and then went to the gym.  That night a few of the girls from Focus got together and went to Jordan Commons for dinner and a movie.  We grabbed dinner there and ate it in the theater with their cool little trays.  I hadn't ever done it before and it was awesome!  We saw The Other Woman and I thought it was pretty funny!  The Ikea stuff wasn't quite done so when I got home Blake and I finished everything, they turned out perfect!


    Friday morning I had piano and then went to a dr. appt.  Things are still going well and now we are officially on 2 weeks check ups, crazy!!!  Best news though, baby girl is head down, HOORAY!  Everything measured normal and looks healthy, we're getting closer everyday!  After my appt I met Whit and we headed to Liberty Park to rollerblade with Spencer while Sadie was at school.  Spencer kept reminding me we were going to the park but that Blake wasn't coming.  The kids love Blake and get super sad when they don't get to see him haha!  It felt so good to be out rollerblading in the sunshine!  After we finished we picked Sadie up from school and then met my mom, Kesh, the kids, and a bunch of my Idaho cousins that were in town for my shower for lunch at Rubios.  We ate outside and it was really fun!  I went back to Whit's after and crashed on her couch while Spencer took a nap too.  After Blake got off work we went with everyone to visit Grandma.  We were all hungry again so we took her out for a little dinner at Jason's Deli.  I don't get to see my Kettle cousins very often and so I love when they come to town!!!  We stayed and talked forever and it was a great night!

    Saturday morning I went to the gym and then did some deep cleaning around the house.  That afternoon it was my baby shower for both my mom and dad's side of the family, Blake mom and sisters (and sister in law:)) all came to support too.  My cute Aunt Cathy hosted at her house and everybody helped with everything.  It turned out so dang cute and I loved every minute of it!  I have the greatest most supportive family!
My cute diaper cake made by my cousin Hailee
 The girls sitting front row to watch the presents
 My cousin's cute son Lucas was so excited and was the best helper!
 Cute cloths for baby girl, love love love all the teeny tiny things!
 Finally a car seat so I can take baby girl home from the hospital!
 My cousin Missy made this AMAZING baby for the baby and Payten was in love with it!
 Hadley was so fun and after every present she came up to me and grabbed it and said, "I show mommy."  Then she'd take it over to show Lauren and Grammy.  She was so excited about all the gifts haha!
 Payten playing with all the tissue paper
 The Davis cousins, LOVE them!!!!!
 The ladies in our little fam:)
 4 generation picture.....almost
 Grandma D and her girls
 Payten was obsessed with my cousin Leslie's baby Brynnlee and would freak out whenever we took her away.  I can only imagine how much fun she's gonna have with my little girl!!!
 It was another amazing shower and me and baby girl were spoiled like crazy!! After the shower everyone wanted to come see the nursery (and some cousins hadn't ever seen the new house).  It was fun to show everyone how everything is coming together, her nursery is starting to actually look like a nursery!  Leslie stayed over most of the night and Missy and her girls spent the night.  We grabbed take-out from Noodles and hung-out it was so fun catching up!

    Sunday morning Missy and her girls ran to the early ward for sacrement and my cute hubby made a gourmet breakfast for all of us.  When they got back we enjoyed our yummy breakfast together and then they hit the road.  Our home teachers stopped by for a bit and then we went to church.  After church we headed to Pres and Sandy's to celebrate Sandy's birthday.  We had a quick dinner, opened presents (and yes all Sandy wanted for her birthday was a play kitchen for the kids, the love of a Nana!), and then headed up to Rockport to see the progress on the lakehouse.  The kids were in heaven playing up there.  I know we're going to have so many fun memories made up there!!!
 Hadley and Eleni checking out the lakehouse and playing in the rocks
 Nana and Pop, so excited watching every step of progress!
 Wearing out super cute boots for the occassion:)
 Grammy hanging with Hadley
 A little rope swing down the hill
 We had cake and ice cream up there for Nana.  What an amazing woman she is.  She is always thinking of others and I love her so much.  I feel so blessed to be lucky enough to call her my mother in law!
 We headed down to the river after cake
 The boys showing the kids how to skip rocks
 The kids LOVED when Travis made a huge splash!
 Walking back and holding Blake's hand extra tight so he could protect them!
Such a fun night at the lakehouse.  I seriously cannot wait for all the fun times to be had up there!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute with your little belly!! You guys are always doing such fun stuff. Hey, I was wondering if your family has a time share or their own condo down in St. George that you always go to? Trevor and I are wanting to get down there towards the end of the month and were wondering if we might be able to stay there if it's available?? No pressure, just wondering. And, I seriously can't wait until your little girl comes. You guys will make such cute kids! :)

    ReplyDelete