Monday, June 2, 2014

Memorial Weekend 2014

    Hooray for Memorial Weekend!  I feel like summer officially begins this weekend every year.  It also means that its time for one of my favorite Miller traditions, St. George with EVERYONE…..and by everyone I mean Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, literally the entire family on Sandy’s side!  I look so forward to this trip every year but this year especially because we were going to be having my first baby shower!!!
Our traditional Memorial Day picture
Thursday I worked at Focus and then headed straight home to pack.  As soon as Blake got home we hit the road.  It was a pretty easy drive and we made it just in time for dinner at my fav, Sakura (one of those Japanese Steakhouses where they cook on the grill right in front of you).  It totally hit the spot!  Most everyone was already there by the time we got there so it was super fun to see everyone.

    Friday morning the boys went to play golf.  Us ladies slept in and then all went for a walk with the kids.  Jamyn and I went over to the big huge hill after and did a few trips up and down until our bladders couldn’t take one more step without being emptied haha!  We planned on spending the entire day poolside as usual but the weather didn’t really cooperate and so after the boys got home from golf we decided to go to a late afternoon movie.  We went to see the new Adam Sandler movie, Blended.  A few in the group weren’t fans of the movie but Blake and I thought it was pretty good.  After the movie we went to dinner at our favorite Greek place and then of course got an Orange Peel, a perfect way to end the night! When we got back to the condo the kids wanted to hot tub and swim so Blake and I went out with them...

    Saturday morning the boys went golfing again and had so much fun!
While they golfed we went on our girls walk again.  We attempted another pool day but it still wasn't super warm dang it!
We found this little friend outside our condo, don't worry we took him right back to his home where we found him!
 The kids didn't seem to mind the cooler temps, they still loved swimming!
 Lola was DEFINITELY a fan of the water!!!
 The girls loved swimming with Tay Tay
 These two are inseparable and I love it!
 Everyone wants to play with Eleni!
 Parks is the happiest boy ever!
 Our little beach bum:)
Attempting to recreate the pictures of all these babies from last memorial weekend (minus Jack)
The Original from 2013
This year, gosh they grow up SOOOO fast!!!
 We thought Porter might like sitting up better......the girls were so concerned 
 BFFs!  These 2 angels were born on the same day just hours apart.  I'm completely obsessed with both of them and they make me sooooo excited for my little girl:)
 On Saturday night we always do a bbq with the entire family.  Hadley was a huge fan of the dessert!
 We all scream for ice cream!!
 Her laugh is my favorite!
 Guess who can still do the splits?!?!?


    Sunday morning we went to church and then played at the pool again.
Miss Hadley loves her Pop!
 Finally it was time for the shower!!!
5 months ago this girl and I announced our pregnancies at Christmas.  Neither of us had a clue the other one was pregnant so it was definitely a Christmas to remember!  The two of us have been through a lot of firsts together!  It couldn't be more perfect having our babies 3 weeks apart and watching our cute husbands become daddies together!  Love her!!!
The adorable present table for baby girl...
 This decoration melted.  Blake and my birth stats and pictures of us as babies, ah so cute!!
Proudest Nana ever!
Blake's cousin Madison is also getting married this summer so we had a triple shower for the 3 of us
 Some of the fun decorations.  I loved this sign, it said....I love you anywhere and everywhere.  Inside and outside and inside out.  Top to bottom and bottom to top my dear.
 The food spread, everything was to die for!!!
 Me and Jamyn's favorite was by far the fruit cup with coconut cream......seriously to die for (and yes they had ones with blue clothspins, pink clothspins and diamond rings)
Present time.....Pop got us these adorable lifejackets......we got him the same ones for fathers day haha!  We kinda like boating in this family!
Lots of fun gifts in pink and blue
 Diaper cakes, can't ever have enough diapers!!!
 LOVED sharing a shower with this woman:)
 The Corey sisters
 All the nieces, could they be any cuter?!?
 Love hanging with these girlies.  Fun to think next time there will be another sweet little girl to add to the picture!
 The Miller ladies, I'm so lucky to have these amazing women in my life.  I have the greatest family in the world.
The Fab 4 in all its glory!
 How I scored this boy I will still never understand.  He treats me like a queen and I am so lucky to call him mine.  Watching him with our nieces and nephews melts my heart and I know he's going to be the most amazing daddy.  Our little girl is the luckiest!!!
 After the shower it was back to the pool for more fun.....
 Chicken fights!
 The ladies cooling off on the edge of the pool
 Can't wait to add 2 more to these pictures next year:)

    Monday the girls went for another walk and then we spent every last possible second out at the pool.  We didn't want to ever leave!  Finally around 3 we headed in the pack and get ready to go.  The drive home went well and Blake and I got to stop in Orem and pick up his new car.  We drove it home and it was GLORIOUS!!!  As usual the weekend went by waaay too fast!  The good news is now we have the entire summer ahead of us!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment