Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blake's Dream Week

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  Blake and I went to Nicole's that night and she made the BEST dinner.  It was chicken with pear, goat cheese and a fig sauce....seriously to die for!  FHE wasn't the same without Bachelor Pad but we still had a fun night.

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then Blake and I ran a bunch of errands.  We met Pres and Sandy for dinner at Terrapin Station, a new BBQ place that opened in Holladay.  We had a Groupon there so we decided to try it.  It was alright but I'm not sure I'd go back again.

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and I felt super sick all day.  There is nothing worse than having a runny nose as a dental hygienist because you have to sit for an hour while snot drips down your face into your mask and there is NOTHING you can do about it.  My chin was raw from sitting in the snotty mess and the girls kept laughing each time I'd take off my mask and show them the pool in my mask, ah sooo miserable!  I went to the gym after and it was the best I'd felt all day!  I met my friend Kelsi after at Kneaders for a girls dinner date.  I'm so glad we've been able to stay so close since Africa, I always look forward to our chats over yummy meals!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's in the morning.  His birthday was the day before so we all took him to lunch at Pei Wei and it was very tastey!  On my way home Blake called me and sounded like he'd just won the lottery.  His friend in Kamas had called and asked us to come help round up some cattle.  If you know anything about Blake you know this is literally a dream come true!  We was able to get off work a little early and we jetted right up to Kamas.  He had a massive ear to ear smile ALL night long!  I don't know if I have ever seen him so happy.  My horse had a little limp at first and it made me super nervous, but he ended up being a great horse.  There was 6 of us and we rounded up 25 steers weighing about 500-600 lbs.  Our friend helped me learn how to gallop and jump.  I was nervous, but I learned a ton and had a blast.  Only one man went down into the muddy water and we got all the steers into the waiting area after a little work.  It was so fun to see my cowboy at work!  We got a huge trailer and loaded the steers up, Blake even got to use a little shocker to get the steers moving.....and yes I blinded his everytime I took a picture with my flash, but I reminded him he'd love to look at them after haha!
After they were all loaded we took them down to the Oakley arena for a roping contest the next day.  We both had a ball and hope this won't be the last time we do a round-up!  We went out for a yummy dinner after at The Gateway Grill up in Kamas, it is the cutest little restaurant!  Blake couldn't stop smiling the whole way down and kept reliving every second of it!

    Friday morning I went to the gym with Whit and then I took Sadie after so she could go to an appt.  Sadie watched a movie while I got ready.  She is so fun to have and I love that girl to pieces!  We went to Walmart after and got some groceries and then met Whit for lunch at, of course, Dasks.  Oh how I love my greek food!!!  I spent the rest of the afternoon deep cleaning my house and doing laundry, it felt sooo good when it was done!  When Blake got home pop let us take the Corvette up to Kamas.  I love driving in that car, it brings back so many fun memories.  The leaves were spectacular!  We grabbed a dinner to go at the cutting board and then went to watch the roping contest with the steers we'd rounded up.  We were the only people up there watching haha but it was super fun.  Blake was about drooling watching all the horses and I must admit there was some gorgeous ones out there!  We couldn't believe how cold it was, even with 4 jackets on!  I'm so sad summer is over :(  When we got home we were both wide awake so we decided to go see Moneyball, the new Brad Pitt movie.  He did a great job, but I find baseball super boring so it wasn't my favorite.

    Saturday morning we were supposed to go horse-back riding with my dad's friends, but something last minute came up for them and so we couldn't go.  Blake was devasted to say the least.  We decided we still had to do something outside since it was such a gorgeous day, so we called Pres and J and went to hike Mt. Olympus.  Blake was so excited about his cool hiking outfit......rugby shorts, long socks, hiking boots, I ride my hoe (the ski) shirt, and I love Beaver (the city) hat haha I love my classy husband.  I decided to rock my awesome rainbow socks to match him!  Please excuse the graffiti.....
I used to hike Mt Olympus with my dad all the time, but I totally forgot how steep it is....the entire time!  We took the dogs with us too and they did great.  It took about 3 hours to get up and 2 hours down.  All the leaves changing were so fun to see.  I love the bright reds and oranges.
We didn't know if the dogs would make it up the last part cause it was so steep and rocky, but they did awesome!  We were so proud of them. The weather was perfect for us and the view at the top was to die for!
All of our legs were shaking like crazy on the way down......o man I knew I was gonna be sore!  When we got down we went straight to Jamba Juice and ate them down by the river.  The dogs were so happy to be done and have water to lay in.  We were all pooped!
The Miller reunion was after and we didn't have time to change so we got to wear our awesome outfits stinky outfits there haha!  It was fun to see the fam and catch up with everyone.  After we went to Pres and Sandy's and filled up the jetted tub.  We had been in about 5 mintues when Blake friend Christian called.  He is from Blake's mission in Germany and we were so excited to see him so we got right out and hurried over to go pick him up.  We took him to Red Mango and chatted outside for a bit.
He is so sweet and I'm so glad to finally meet another friend from Germany.   When we got home I decided to cook a bunch of desserts haha and I was up until 12:30....but my cake looks awesome!

    This morning we both could hardly get out of bed because we were soooo stiff!  We met Christian and some of his friend at Music and the Spoken word.  It was so fun to hear the tabernacle choir with an orchestra!  They were amazing!  I wish we could have spent more time with Christian but he was leaving to Moab right after.
I guess we'll just have to go to Germany to visit, darn it!  We went to church.  When we got home we took turns rubbing out each others muscle.....so painful.  I went visit teaching after and it was just lovely.  I have an awesome group of woman that I visit teach and teach with, it's fun to catch up every month, but I never can believe how fast each month seems to come around!  Tonight it's off to dinner at my moms, yay!  Hopefully my dessert goes over well!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment