Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baby Hadley has arrived!

    Tuesday night Blake had young mens so it was a perfect chance for me to finally finish my wreath.  It turned out awesome and I'm so proud of my craftiness! 
 

    Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansens.  I got off work a little earlier and so I just went to the gym and did my own thing rather than wait for boot camp.  When I got home my husband took me out for a date date at Asian Star.  When we got home we made homemade pina coladas and got in our hot tub.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's office.  The weather was insane all day, pouring cats and dogs.  After work I met some of my Africa girlfriends (Kelsi, Lindsi and Tori) for a night at City Creek.  We had dinner at Kneaders and shopped til we dropped.  Because of the weather the roof was closed and it was so warm, best idea EVER!  I love those girls to pieces, thank goodness for awesome friends!!!  Blake spend the night out at Lauren's house to see her belly one last time before the baby came.

    Friday morning I went to the gym and then to my yearly physical.  It was perfect because my appt was at the same hospital Lauren was at.  She had a gorgeous baby girl at 8:16 am and named her Hadley Monroe Higham.  She was 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long.  She is the chubbiest little baby with more hair than you could ever imagine.  She is the cutest thing ever!!  I was so excited to finally meet her!  I could have held her all day!  Her brothers and sister love her and keep begging for another turn to hold her!
 All the kids wrote notes for Laur.  Tay's says, "Dear Mom I hope your stomach feels better.  I love Hadley and she is so cute.  Love, Taylor."
  Sandy and I went to lunch and couldn't stop gushing over how cute little Hadley is!  When I left I ran a few errands and then did some major deep cleaning at my house.  As soon as Blake got home we had to hurry to the hospital so her could meet Hadley.  He was in love as soon as he saw her!  We ran to dinner with JJ and Grammy across the street at Marie Callendars while baby Hadley had some din din too.  It was super fun chatting with J and Gram.  We went back to the hospital after to get some more baby time.
  We went to Nana's after with the kids, Pres and J.  The kids are spending the weekdend at Nanas while Laur and Trav are at the hospital.

    Saturday morning I went to a powerflex class with Kelsi.  We are both the biggest wimps and had to take breaks every five minutes haha.  We try though and that's all that matters.  Blake went to watch a U football practice with Preston, aka his BFF!  Lisa came up to play with me and we met the boys for lunch at Pei Wei.  After lunch we all went to the South Towne Expo Center.  The girls went to the What Women Want Expo and the boys went to the Gun Expo, it was perfect.  We had so much fun shopping around.  We even met up with Whit, Kesh and my mom for a bit.  Blake and Pres had WAAAAY too much fun at the gun expo.  Lisa had to head home after and so Blake and I met Mikko and Nicole at Tsunami.  We took the kiddos to our house to play.
We got in the hot tub and they were in heaven.  
Whit, Eddie, Nick, Kesh, and all the kiddos came to play too.  Our house was packed to the brim and we loved every minute of it!
 Happiest baby ever!
 Everyone loves holding baby Spencer!
We had people in and our of the hot tub, kids swinging on the swing, people watching tv, pounds and pounds of easy mac, taking turns holding baby Spencer, it was the best.  I love that we finally have a house big enough to fit lots of people comfortably!

  This morning Blake didn't have any meetings so we both got to sleep in, it was glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment