Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups. When I got home we packed our bags……we never really totally unpacked our last bags haha. My dad met us at our house and we ran to grab a quick dinner at Café Rio. After dinner we hit the road for St. George. My family goes to St. George every year for Easter. It’s such a fun tradition because the little kids make Easter so much fun! We stay at my Aunt Cathy’s place. It’s a full house with Steve, Cathy, Hailee, Jon, Rochelle, Dalton, Theresa and our whole fam, but we have a blast! We arrived pretty late and went straight to bed.
Friday morning my mom and I went running on our favorite trail. Of course we had to go to my favorite after, Orange Peel. It’s probably a good thing we don’t have one in SLC or I’d be at least 20lbs heavier! Blake, Steve, Nick and Scott spend the afternoon golfing at Coral Canyon. Blake was of course in heaven, that boy loves golf more than anything in the world! Mom and I picked up Kesh and the boys and we went Easter shopping. My mom left after shopping to go hiking with Whit and Kesh and I took the boys to lunch at our favorite Parrothead Island Broiler (they just changed the name to Tiki Island Broiler but it’s still the exact same). I used to work at the one in SLC with my BFF Mandy and we had so much fun so it brings back a lot of awesome memories. We ate outside and the boys were in heaven playing and throwing coins in the fountain!
When we got back we met up with the boys and headed to the pool. It was not very warm and we were super sad. We went straight to the hot tub but the little boys got busted pretty quick because they are SOOO strict about no one under 6 in the hot tub. I think it is the DUMBEST rule ever. I understand that kids shouldn’t be immersed in super hot water but the water wasn’t that hot and we were with the boys and they were just sitting on the steps, dumb dumb dumb! That night we went to a yummy dinner at Paula’s. It’s a delcious Mexican restaurant. Our party was so big that we got our own room! We sat and chatted for a while. When we got home we went straight to bed.
Saturday morning Blake, my dad, Nick and Eddie went golfing again. They had so much fun together! My mom, Whit, Kesh and I took the kids to Ivans for an Easter Eggs Hunt. They had a lot of fun and got lots of eggs.
The sun was super bright haha
This boy loves candy more than anyone you have ever met! He was sooo excited about his toosie woll he got in his pre-hunt egg!!!!
These two they are best buddies!
Finally time to start!
Boston scored bigtime!
We stayed and played at the park for a bit and then headed to Grandma Scott’s. We stayed and visited with her for a bit. The kids love their great-grandma Scott
We headed to the St. George Arts Festival. It was a gorgeous day and we had sooo much fun, it finally felt like summer! We had some yummy tacos, the kids got their faces painted and we shopped around (Easton only wanted to shop for chocolate haha).
Boston got a bat and Easton got a basketball!
When we got home we were all exhausted and so Blake and I took a power nap. They decided to order in pizza for dinner and so Blake and I went out on a date night since pizza is not my favorite. We went to the salad bar at Brick Oven and it was delish! He took me out for my favorite dessert at Orange PeelJ. I love date nights with my cute hubby, he’s my favorite person to be with and always makes me smile! When we got back we all watched the movie We Bought A Zoo which was actually super cute. The kids all dyed Easter Eggs while we watched. When they finished I took the kids to try out a new tradition. We left a carrot trail so the bunny could find us in St. George. We planted magical jelly bean seeds in the grass.
Our carrot trail
As soon as we finished Easton ran inside and grabbed his best friend Blake to show him what we did!
O how I love these boys!!!
When the bunny came he was going to use his magic and grow lollipops from our seeds. The kids were sooooo excited and couldn’t stop talking about it. When they went to bed we stayed up late filling Easter eggs and laughing our heads off! Kath would put a piece of candy in an egg and then one in her mouth haha!
Sunday morning we woke up early and set out the eggs and our lollipop trees. I also brought baby powder so we could make some bunny footprints.
Our Lollipop trees
The kids were chomping at the bit to get outside and see what the Easter bunny brought. They pressed their noses on the glass and saw all the carrots gone and the all bunny prints, they could not wait to get out there.
They were in heaven as they ran down the stairs and hunted for eggs.
Rachelle and Dalton
All he really cared about was his tandy!
We spent the rest of the morning looking through their baskets and eggs.
The boys got their light sabers they wanted so bad!
Saders got her fishing pole she wanted!
Spencer got all dressed up Easter
Blake, my mom and I went for an afternoon run on our trail. Nick, Kesh, my dad, and the boys rode bikes on the trail. We met up by a river and threw rocks for a bit. When we got back Blake and I went out to the pool for a bit. We came back, packed up and hit the road a little after 4. We had dinner before leaving St. George at Texas Roadhouse, yum yum yum. We hit the road and I worked on my new spring wreath for our door, Blake thought it was the funniest thing ever.....wait til he sees how awesome it is!!!!
then just outside of Beaver we hit totally stopped traffic. A truck pulling a huge 5th wheel trailer with 4-wheelers jack-knived and was blocking the whole freeway. It was only about a football field ahead of us and so we were grateful we weren’t in it! We got home pretty late and went straight to bed.
Monday it was back to the grind. I worked at Dr. Sands. After work I went to boot camp with Kelsi. We were both cursing the teacher the whole time.....is it necessary to make us work out so hard haha!?! After class I jumped in the shower and then Blake and I headed downtown to Sawadee for Jamyn's birthday dinner with the Miller fam. It was so much fun to all be together. We were there for 3 hours laughing our heads off. I might have accidentally spilled the beans about the Easter Bunny to little Mikko.........we tried to recover.....hopefully it worked! Such a fun night celebrating my awesome sister-in-law. I feel so lucky to have such a great sista-in-law that is one of my best friends. We have so much fun together and our husbands are BFFs and have way to much fun together too! What a perfect night!
This morning was my early day at Dr. Johansen's office. I hate waking up early but it is sooo nice getting off at 3! After work I went running outside. It was perfect weather and I was in heaven! So glad that running weather is finally here again!!!!





















The Easter festivities turned out SO cute!!! I'm jealous you went to Orange Peel without me! WTF!?! Last night was the best! We laughed so hard! Love you and Bakey! Best Friends! xoxo
ReplyDelete