Grandpa D with Baby Spencer
Make a wish!
Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to boot camp. Blake was out of town for work in Chicago. It was the first time he's left me since moving to our new house. Last week we got an e-mail about an unlicensed door-to-door salesman with a past burglary history in our area. They said to keep your eyes peeled and call police about any suspicious activity. Of course the night Blake is gone he happens to come to our house.......awesome just what I needed! I freaked and called the police as soon as he left! I needed a girls night so I called my girl Tanisha. We had dinner at Zupas and then painted nails at my house and watched Easy A, it was a super fun night. After she left I went downstairs and talked to our renters about the guy that came by and told them I was super nervous. I left the door open between our houses and told them if I stomp my feet or scream to come save me haha! I feel so lucky to have such great renters that I adore and feel so comfortable with, we seriously struck gold finding them! I got to video chat with Blake to say goodnight, I did not want the call to end because I was super nervous! I stayed up til 1 watching tv thinking I'd get sleepy.......not a chance with all the adrenaline pumping through me. I decided to go lay in bed and found a sweet not from my hubby, yep he's the best! When I got in bed every noise I heard I jumped and freaked thinking someone was in our house! I decided I needed some white noise so I brought Blake's laptop into bed with me. I started watching Fool's Gold....but then quickly realized the gunfight scenes weren't helping me fall asleep. I ended up watching Baby Momma.......twice.......yep that means I fell asleep around 4:30 and woke up at 6 to be to work at 6:45, awesome!
Tuesday I was surprisingly not too tired. I worked at Dr. Johansens and the day went by pretty quick. I went to the gym after. I was still feeling a little weird after the previous day and decided the best place to make me feel better was the temple. I went to the Draper temple and did initiatories. It was really nice and helped me feel a little bit better. After I went over to Nicole's since she is so close by the temple. I played with her cute kiddos and watched tv with her until Blake's plane landed. I was so happy to be able to snuggle with my husband again!
Wednesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's again and then went to boot camp after. I ran home and showered quick and then we headed downtown to Biaggi's. It was Whit's actual birthday so we all went out for dinner. Dinner was great and we had a lot of fun. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful sister. She's is sooo good to me and I feel very lucky to have her in my life!
Thursday my day in Centerville fell apart so I ended up not having to go in to work. I went to go get some blood work done as part of my yearly physical. You have to fast before and leaving my house without breakfast was seriously torture for me!!! I went and tried on some new running shoes, got my ring cleaned and went to the gym. I went to Whit's after and she made me a yummy little lunch. I had some more errands to run after and tried to catch up on a little housework. When Blake got home we grabbed some dinner at Firehouse and then went to shoot at Doug's Shoot N Sport. Blake was in heaven and even had a burglar target to shoot at!
I, on the other hand, am totally freaked out by guns and it took me a good 5 min of squirming and squealing to get the courage to shoot the hand gun!
Friday morning I went to a cycling class at Gold's with Whit. I came home after and worked on some laundry. I met up with my girlfriend Alisha for lunch. We went to Pei Wei and it was delicious! Her little girl Savannah is already six months, so crazy! She is the chubbiest, happiest little thing and I love holding her! We had so much fun together, what would we ever do without girlfriends?!? I headed out to Herriman after to hold my sweet new niece Hadley. Laur, Trav and the kids were all there and it was so fun! I seriously could have stayed out there ALL day holding that sweet girl. My fav is holding her up on my shoulder and feeling her soft hair on my cheek, it is as soft as a new baby ducks feathers! She is insanely cute with her chubby cheeks and full head of dark black hair! Macie can't get enough of her new baby sister either and kept asking me to take her picture with the new baby haha!
Love these girls!
When Blake got off work I headed home for our date night. He took me to Pizzaria Limone (I'm obsessed with true Italian pizza) and then to Red Mango.......Blake knows how to keep his wifey happy! We went to see The Lucky One after. It's another awesome Nicholas Sparks love story and I LOVED it! It's so great though because now when I watch chick flicks, I know I have the boy every girl dreams about. I am the luckiest!!!!!Saturday morning I had to go for a run outside because it was so gorgeous! When I got home I ran to a lifting class at Gold's with Kelsi and DJ. It kicked our butts and I was sooo beat when it was finally over! Blake went golfing with his dad, Scott and Eddie and they had a lot of fun! We were planning on going to the Red and White U of U football game so I got all ready (and you have to understand I don't get ready very often haha). When Blake came home he started doing yard work and realized it was probably better to stay home and work on the house. He told me to go play with my mom and sister, but I wasn't about to leave him to work alone. We spent the next 5 hours working away. We fixed our sprinklers, summerized the swamp cooler, cleaned out the raingutters, mowed the lawn, edged, trimmed trees and all that fun stuff.
Incase you were wondering.....my biggest fear is heights.......my husband had me come up on the roof and help. I had to go up and down the ladder multiple times and it was torture!
I got all sweaty and dirty and totally wasted my day of being all ready dang it haha! My husband has the most amazing work ethic I have ever seen and will not stop til everything is done and done right! He loves yard work and takes so much pride in his house! It was fun working together in the sunshine and our house looks great. Spring has sprung at our house and we're getting gorgeous blossoms everywhere!
Our apple tree is starting to blossom and I can't wait for our apples!!!
This is our raspberry patch and we can't wait for these babies!!!
We got ready super quick and headed to Orem to see our girlfriend Hayden's wedding. She looked gorgeous as always and so happy! We treated ourselves to a fancy dinner at Macaroni Grill because we worked so hard all day! After dinner we ran to Lisa's house. All her sisters were over having a goodbye party before she leaves us for the summer to do sales in North Carolina. I hate when she goes, I miss her soooo much!!!!
This morning we went to stake conference and got to sit with the Lake's. They are our cute neighbors that live across the street from us but are in a different ward. We wish we were in the same ward so bad. They are such a great fam and their kids are waaay too cute! Now we're just making some dessert for dinner at Blake's parents tonight!










No comments:
Post a Comment