Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Palm Springs

    We had a crazy fun weekend in Palm Springs with the Miller fam!  The family has gone there every year over Spring Break for a few years now.  Lindsay and Scott were working on the house and Lauren is getting ready to have her new baby so none of them were able to come.  We missed those that couldn't make it this year but had a blast soaking up some sunshine!

    Last Monday I worked at Dr. Sands office and then went to boot camp.  My girlfriend Kelsi joined me at boot camp and it killed both of us.  When I got home Blake made us some yummy breakfast for dinner.  Since Kelsi and I burned so many calories we decided we had to go eat all those calories back at Red Mango with our hubbies!  When Blake and I got home we relaxed in the h-tub for a sec before going to bed.....it was glorious!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens.  After work I went to Dr. Sands and picked up my new Sonicare I ordered, it is ridiculous how much I love it!!!  I went to the gym and then to Elase for a little pre-vacation laser touch-up.  It sucks while they're doing it but it is sooooo worth it!!!  Blake had Young Mens that night and so I went to hang-out with Whit and see Spencer before I left for the weekend.  She cooked me a yummy dinner and I held Spencer all night.  When I got home Blake and I got in the h-tub.  We always have the best chats in there, I just love that thing!

   Wednesday morning I went running outside in our new neighborhood.  It felt so good to run outside!!!!!  I got lost in the moment running and realized I needed to hurry home.  I haven't figured out neighborhood out totally yet..........but seeing how I have the worst sense of direction who knows if that will ever happen. I could not find a through street to get me back to my street so I could go home hahaha.....I may have been late to work because of it!  Everyone at Dr. Johansens office thought it was awesome and teased me about it.  Blake got to come in that afternoon to get some fillings done, he was not happy about it.  He HATES going to the dentist........whoopsies married the wrong lady because he's never getting out of dental visits!  I love when he comes to the office.  Yep I'm one of those dorks who still gets butterflies when they see their cute hubby:)!  After work we met up with Nicole and went to dinner at Paradise Bakery with her and the kids.  That night we packed our bags because we were leaving right after work the next day.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups.  As soon as I got home we loaded up our stuff, grabbed some dinner and headed to pick up grammy.  We helped her finish up some packing and locking up her house.  We headed to Pres and Sandy's and loaded the Suburban with our stuff.  Pres, Jamyn, Grammy, Blake and I all headed down to St. George around 8.  We got to the condo super late. Nicole, Mikko and the kids were already at the condo.  We were all exhausted and went straight to bed.


    Friday we slept in a little and then loaded back in the cars.  We grabbed a quick breakfast at McDonalds and were back on the road.  We took a shortcut through the middle of nowhere that helped get us to Palm Springs faster.  We went straight to the pool when we pulled in and got our favorite lunch at the pool cafe (california turkey melt wrap- turkey/asparagus/sprouts/provelone/basalmic.....AMAZING!!!!)  On our ride down I discovered I was sick again, sweet!  Sore throat, achy, and tons of congestion, I was bunky the whole weekend but still had tons of fun!  We spent the rest for the day lounging poolside.  It felt amazing to soak up some rays and play in the water!
That night Blake and I signed up for our Echo Triathlon.  We are super excited!  We stocked up on some groceries at Costco and ate that for dinner.  I was feeling crappy so Blake and I soaked in the bathtub for a bit.  It was a rough night and I didn't get much sleep.

    Saturday morning I woke up early since I didn't really sleep ever and went for a run on the golf course.  It is one of my fav places to run!  There are the cutest little bunnies all over the resort.  This one was on the trail and I almost ran over it, it was SOO tiny.  I got so close to it and even touched it and it did not move!  I wanted to take him home!
When I got back everyone was doing Insanity (a workout video like P90X).  I joined in and it was tough!  
The little kids played around us on the grass while we worked out, and Parker ate some rocks and sand haha.  
We went in after, had breakfast and got ready for a poolday.  The boys played some afternoon golf and the ladies and kids played at the pool all day.  When we went in for lunch the boys called because they were on the hole right behind our room.  We ran outside to watch them.  It was so fun and the kids were so excited to see them!
We went back to the pool after and the boys joined us when they finished.  Me and Izz love snugglin by the pool!
We had a super late dinner that night at Sammies.

    Sunday we slept in and then went to the swap meet.  It's like a huge farmers market and we LOVE it! We spent a few hours there and then went back to our room for lunch.  We spent the rest of the day at the pool.  There is nothing I love more than sitting by a pool all day long!  Came out for a while to catch some rays too!
These kiddos love to be thrown and our boys DO NOT mess around.  They launch the kids soooo incredibly high, it's awesome!
Parks loved the h-tub.....almost as much as uncle Blake!
These two are BFF and everyone thinks they twins.  Here they are showing off their new Easter shoes from Nana.
That night we ate dinner at one of our fav Mexican restaurant but all our food was mediocre at best.  I don't think we'll be going there again.  To make ourselves happy again we went straight to Golden Spoon for some yogurt, and yes they have sugar free :).

    Monday I woke up early again and went running.  I got busted running the course and got full on stopped by the loss prevention team haha (it's unsafe to run on the trails incase you get hit by a stray ball).  When I got back I did Insanity again with everyone and then we had breakfast.  We had another poolday (shocking I know haha).  We had to have lunch at the pool again so I could get my yummy wrap.   The boys played a mean game of ping pong after we ate.
 More launching...
 My turn!
Nana teaching Mers how to play jacks
They have the best smoothies at the poolside grill and Izz and Mers will find anyone that has one and steal a few sips.
Gram loves pooltime!
That night we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  While we waited for our table the boys watched March Madness in the bar and the girls went shopping at all the cute stores.   Parker got ahold of some chocolate jelly sticks and went to town!
Dinner was delicious!  I had another horrible sick night and kept Blake up all night with my hacking.

    Tuesday I woke up earlier to try and be done before the golfers headed out to the course.  When I got back I was exhausted.  I sat a lawnchair behind our room and took a power nap.  I think it helped me sleep because the chair was propped up and so I could breathe easier.  We had another pool day and I loved every second of it.  We got another wrap for lunch.
Nicole has parenting down to an art.  Her kids will take full-on naps in their strollers out by to pool.  It doesn't matter how noisy it gets.  The kids know if they get out of their stroller they'll have to go inside and nap so they don't ever get out.  It's seriously amazing!
We soaked up every last ray we could.  We were so sad when 4 o'clock came and we had to shower and pack up.  Pop took Pres, Jamyn, Blake and I to the airport.  We soooo sad to leave but glad we were even able to come at all!
The flight home was pretty quick with just one short layover in Phoenix.  My dad picked us up from the airport and we went straight to bed when we got home.

   This morning I was wishing I running on the golf trail, not getting ready for work!  I worked at Dr. Johansen's.  Luckily I love my jobs so it wasn't too horrible being back home!  After worked I went to boot camp and then came home to the sweetest husband in the world that was making turkey california wraps for dinner so we could feel better about not still being in Palm Springs.
We've been doing laundry like crazy and repacking for St. George.  We're going with my fam for Easter weekend and we leave tomorrow after work.  We can't wait, we love our lives:)

No comments:

Post a Comment