Monday I worked at Dr. Sands office. I came home during lunch and Blake and I made lunch together, we were trying to take advantage of every possible minute we had together! That night I wanted to make us a yummy home cooked dinner. I thawed things out the night before and worked sooo hard to make us some delicious home-made healthy chicken alfredo with lots of vegetables (I even made spaghetti squash for me instead of noodles). Everything was ready and I was taking the squash out of the oven. I accidentally set the pan on a hot burner and smelled it burning after a second so decided to put it back in the oven because the sink was totally full.......MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR mistake! The minute it hit the rack in the oven it exploded, MASSIVE boom and glass shards everywhere (even in the other room).
I sat and stared for a minute and poor Blake didn't know if I was ok. Finally I broke down and bawled haha. I was devastated because everytime I try to cook it is an epic disaster! My sweet husband didn't skip a beat and started cleaning away. Wet/Dry vac, regular vacuum, swiffer.......followed by deep cleaning the rest of the house. We were a little nervous to eat our food but I'm pretty sure that it was glass free. It wasn't very warm but he ate it and said he loved every bite, he is to good to me! I was exhausted that night from all those tears. We snuggled and watched Bachelorette and then hit the hay.
Tuesday Dr. Johansen was out of town so I got to go running and spend the rest of the day getting stuff ready for camp. I met Blake for lunch at Rumbi trying to squeeze in another minute together. Blake had young men's that night so I met Kelsi for dinner at Cafe Rio. I was up pretty late finishing up my packing.
Wednesday morning I got up at the crack of dawn and my hubby drove me to Kathy Smith's to head off to camp. Our theme for camp was Cowgirl Up and the stake did a fantastic job with it!
Our ward camp name was pretty and gritty and Kathy Smith didn't miss one single detail!
We couldn't have fires and so we brought up the cute little floating candles to put around the firepit. We couldn't light them but they still looked super cute!
We ate our lunches we packed while we set up camp. I set up my tent all by myself and was so proud!!! We helped the girls set up their tents and went to town decorating the camp! This is our leader tent (I slept with Shelley and Cathy, Michelle was in the tent next door). I had so much fun getting to know these amazing ladies!
We had a stake meeting after and talked all about our theme and how to cowgirl up! We had some free time after and the girls went to town hair-wrapping and making headbands.
We had 30 min of quiet time where everyone gets a chance to read scriptures, write in journals and ponder. We headed to dinner after for some spaghetti. We had another stake roll call and then some more ward time. The sunsets were bright red because of all the ashes in the sky.
Thursday morning we woke up bright and early and had a yummy pancake and egg breakfast before roll call. I kept seeing my cute neighbor Aubrey when we'd get together with the stake, such a little cutie!
We spent the rest of the afternoon hiking and playing at the lake in paddle boats and canoes.
We came back and had some lunch. When we got back we discovered we'd been pranked by our own girls. Cathy is notorious for her pranks and so everyone loves to get her! Our tent smelled awesomely like hotdogs haha!The stake had a little presentation about horses and it made my miss my hubby haha. Here is our cute little crew! We had 26 girls and 7 leaders!
After downtime it was time for fun night. Each ward is giving a song and one hour to prepare and little skit to it. Our song was Stuck On You and we did a little play on 7 brides for 1 brother. I played a bandit with some of the other girls.....and if you know anything about me you know how difficult this was for me to have my sick nasty camp hair all over my face! The play was absolutely ridiculous and we laughed our butts off! After all the skits we had a dance party on the stage. Our ward went nuts and we had sooo much fun. I felt like I was back in high school at a stomp and it was a blast! Our ward outlasted everyone and we went til they kicked us off the stage!
Me and Miss Integrity
When we got back to camp we headed to the cooking pavallion. Since we couldn't have fires we had to get a little creative to make smores. Of course smores with Kathy Smith are not just your average smores......we had banana smore cones and my personal favorite personal pies (WITH SUGAR-FREE PIE FILLING WOOT WOOT). We had a lot of fun and our treats were divine!!!
Friday morning was the girls favorite morning, scone day. They all ate til they were gonna burst and then it was off to roll call where they sported these cute teeth!
The stake did a little fireside for us before lunch. After we ate we headed to the zipline. I am terrified of heights but after a little coaxing I finally went and it was really fun!
Back to the lake after for some potatoe launching
.....and swimming in leech infested waters......no I did not join haha
That night the stake did an amazing fireside "For The Nations". This is cute Heidi Templeton's dad. He is Norwegian and talked about America helping Norway in WWII. He had the most amazing story. It was a great presentation and made me see America in a whole new way.Our ward testimony was after and it was amazing. I felt the spirit so strong and it was really neat to hear everyone's testimony. It was great to remember what our week at camp was really all about. These girls and leaders are the greatest women ever. I had so much fun getting to know everyone and I adore them all. No matter how old you get, there is nothing like girls camp to relight that fire within you and remind you how much your testimony and the church mean to you.
That night the girls kept asking to come sleep our under the stars with them. I wasn't too sure but it was THE BEST decision ever!!! We had so much fun chatting and the weather was perfect! So glad they let me join in their little party!
We packed up camp pretty quickly in the morning and got home around 11.
We unpacked and the cars and trailers and it was finally time to shower, I was SOOO excited!!! Blake was at Chase's baptism and Hadley's blessing. I was so sad I couldn't make it:(. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and trying to get rid of the layers of dirt cover everything!!! Blake and I relaxed for a bit together and then headed up to Park City to meet up with my fam. We had a birthday dinner for my sweet hubby at Baja Cantina (his big 25 was the next day). He got the awesome and embarrassing birthday song in a sombrero and the kids were so jealous and all wanted a turn!
We all LOVE LOVE LOVE Uncle Blake!
He got some new shoes and a Home Depot giftcard (his fav).
I gave him tickets for Garth Brooks in 3 weeks and massages for next week. Blake and I were both so sleepy that night and ended up sleeping over in my parents condo even though we didn't bring anything for a sleepover (my fam always gets a condo over the 4th of July week in Park City).
Sunday morning we walked around the Park Silly Market and it officially felt like summer was here, GLORIOUS! We went to the pool after. Sadie was having so much fun with her boyfriend Blake and she wouldn't play with anyone besides him! All the kids just adore that boy, me too:)! After a fun day at the pool we showed and headed to Nicole's for Blake b-day dinner with his fam. The food was yummy and the fam was so fun! He got spoiled just like he deserved with yard tools, tool money and a sign that is just too perfect for him!
Today we both had to go back to work, it's so weird having the 4th in the middle of the week! After work I went to the gym and then we did yard work for a little bit. We had an awesome dinner at Black Bear Diner and then went to Home Depot (you'd think my husband is in Disneyland when we go there). We got a few things (including his long awaited rose bushes). We did some more yard work til it got too yard and then it was finally Bachelorette time. I was almost finished with this blog and then BAM the whole thing disappeared....ugh that's the worst! I had to start all over so just we'll just pretend this version is as awesome as the first. What a fun week we've had. I love celebrating my cute husband, he is the best! I'm so glad I won't be leaving my him again for a long time, I hate being apart!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment