Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July

    Happy 4th Of July!  It's been a busy week as always, full of fun!  My family goes up to Park City every year of the 4th of July week.  I look so forward to it each year and it's funny to see how much our little family changes each year!  With all the fires the traditions were a little different.....no fireworks at Canyons on the 3rd or at Park City on the 4th dang it!  Sad we didn't get to see them but glad people are trying to be smart while our state is sooooo dry!  I'm so grateful to be an American.  I feel forever indebted to the brave men and women who risk their lives so we can enjoy all our freedoms.  

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went to the gym.  That night Blake and I headed back to Park City.  We met up with my parents and walked to Main Street.  We had a yummy dinner at Bangkok Thai.  We walked back after and it was so nice outside.  Nothing I love more than a summer evening walk!

    Wednesday morning my mom, Whit and I went for a run.  So fun to run with my lovely ladies!  We stopped at Starbucks after to read the paper and eat some oatmeal.    I helped this little cowgirl get ready for the 4th of July in her new outfit from grandma.  She is the sassiest little girly ever and always makes me laugh!
Every year there is a rugby tournament on the 4th up at Park City that Blake and Pres love to play in.  All the old rugby boys get together and play, so fun to catch up with everyone.  Unfortunately the game was right during the parade so I missed that with my fam, but how could I pass up the chance to see my hot man in short shorts kickin' everyone's butts?!?!  It was so fun to watch him play again!
How did I ever score this boy???
You know if the boys are ever playing rugby the Miller fan club is on the sidelines!!!
After the parade my fam came to watch rugby for a bit too.  I was super jealous of Boston and Easton's shade canopy, it was super hot outside!
Blake and I went to lunch on Main Street with his fam before they left.  We walked back to our condo after and it was a nice little hill and the heat didn't help any.  After sweating our guts out we couldn't get to the pool fast enough! PS check out me and Boston's matching dimples, we are twinners and I'll claim him and my own anyday!!!!
Sadie and her boyfriend Blake.  She loves him so much and won't play with anyone but him in the pool!
Easton just cracks me up, he wants to be big like Sadie and Boston soooo bad!  He is starting to get really brave in the water!
Our night was a little different then usual due to the fireworks cancellation but we still had a good time. Kath cooked like a mad woman and Blake manned the grill.  Our dinner was delightful and we enjoyed it out on the patio in the warm summer air.  Still felt so weird to go to bed without seeing any fireworks though!

    Blake slept over that night but had to leave super early in the morning and drive straight to work.  Thank goodness dentists know how to celebrate holidays and take off plenty of time :)!  Mom and I went running and then had another oatmeal stop.  As we walked home it started pouring......and didn't stop the rest of the day.  Since we shared a room with Whit and her kids I got this little lady ready again, I can't believe her hair is finally long enough to braid!  She loves to stare at herself in the mirror after you get her all ready!
I still can't believe how big this little man is getting now!  His bright blue eyes melt my heart!
We had to try and find some inside activities so we decided to go see Madagascar 3.  It was really cute and the perfect way to spend a rainy day!
Blake and I were supposed to take some friends boating that night but the weather did not cooperate.  He ended up just coming up to swim and hot tub for a bit.  We put Spencer in the warm kiddie pool for a while and he LOVED it!!  We headed back to the condo after and my momma had a delicious roast dinner waiting for us, she is the best!  We ate and chatted for a bit and then Blake and I headed home.  What a fun few days up in Park City, love fun 4th of July traditions!

    Friday morning I went running and spent the rest of the day DEEP cleaning our house.  Blake has gotten me really into doing some deep cleaning and I'm loving it!  It feels so good to have a clean house!  It amazing how dirty a house can get in just 6 mon, even without kiddos!  A little before 3 Tanisha (a friend from work) came and picked me up and we headed to a park and ride to catch the Wendover fun bus!  Boyz II Men was coming to concert and I can't even explain how excited I was!  We bought our tickets ages ago and it couldn't get here fast enough!  This is the band that was responsible for my jungle fever as a young child haha.  I have seriously loved them for sooo long and couldn't wait to finally see them live!  The bus ride is always quite entertaining with all the awesome people that love to travel to Wendover.  A nice little diet coke cheers before we played BINGO on the bus!  
Thankfully the ride isn't too long because it was 1000 degrees on the the bus and the seats were VERY uncomfortable!  When we finally arrived we walked around for a bit to stretch our legs and get our $5 cash back.  We headed over to the buffet (which is free when you ride the bus woot woot!)  We stuffed our faces til we were gonna pop and then chatted for a bit while our food settled.  We caught a shuttle to take us to the concert hall after because it was finally time for the show!  As you can see I was a bit excited.......
 All night everyone kept asking us if we were sisters.  Lucky me, how hot is T?!?
 The show definitely didn't disappoint!  The music was amazing and their voices are sooooo awesome live!  They had the classiest dance moves ever!  T and I stood and danced and sang full blast the entire show, it was way too fun!!!
During the song "I'll Make Love To You"....one of my very favorites, they handed out roses.  I hopped the wall to get into the pit.  I got kicked out before too long.....but not before I got my rose:)!!!!
We headed to play BlackJack for a bit.  Since I only give myself a $20 limit we have to find the cheapest tables....which is not easy on a Friday night.  I took her to the Red Garter (the oldest, grossest casino there) because they always have cheap tables.  It is soooo ghetto and yes this is literally the entrance haha gotta love classy Wendover!  
We found a $3 table and our $20 kept us entertained for quite a long while!  Our bus picked us back up at midnight and we headed home.  The ride home always seems to take FOREVER!  Neither of us were sleepy so we stayed up and chatted the whole way home (this is sooo unlike me, I am usually sleepy all the time!)  We finally got home a little after three, best girls night ever!

    Saturday morning I planned on sleeping waaaay in but my body automatically woke up a little after 8 so I decided to go running rather than just lay awake in bed.  That afternoon we got to watch our cute nephew Chase play rugby.  So fun to see the next generation of rugby players.  I cannot wait to have our boys play someday!  He is an awesome little athlete and we had a blast watching him!
 Uncle Blake teaching Taylor how to play
So proud of our little rugby guy, he won both games!  He's starting rugby so much early than Blake or Pres did so I can only imagine how amazing he'll be someday!
We all went to lunch after at Cous Cous, so yummy!  We spent the rest of the day at Pres and Jamyn's new house.  It's official they are home owners of the CUTEST little home in Holladay.   All their stuff is moved in now and they just need to finish the basement.  Owning a home is THE BEST EVER and we are so excited for them.  We all went out for Red Mango after they got a few things done around the house and then to dinner at Marie Callendar's, Blake's fav.  When Blake and I got home we got in the hot tub.  With it being so warm we haven't gotten in in a while, but wow it felt good!

    This morning we are just relaxing and getting ready for church.  Another fun week of summer pack with fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment