Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Garth Birthday Weekend


    We finally got to celebrate Blake’s birthday in Vegas and we had a blast!  He loves Garth Brooks (he is the one that converted Blake to country) and we got to go see his amazing show!  We had a perfect little weekend together!
   
     Monday I woke up still feeling sick (I started feeling sick up at the cabin the night before) but still had to go work at Dr. Sands.  There is nothing worse than being sick as a hygienist, having your runny nose drip down your face under your mask and trying to hold back your coughs, ugh no fun!  I went to the gym after to see if that might help me feel better.  When I got home we had a BBQ at our house with Nick, Kesh, the boys, Tanisha, Brandon, their boys and Brandon’s parents.  (Between all of us we set up T and Brandon and so we wanted to all get together)  After dinner I got in the hot tub with the kids and then they picked raspberries with Blake.  
We had a lot of fun all together!

    Tuesday morning I was still feeling like crap so I slept in and took it easy most of the morning.  That afternoon I headed to Lehi to get my hair cut and then to another appt in Payson.  When I got home I met Blake for dinner at Black Bear Diner and then we headed to a young mens/young women’s activity.  They were all swimming at the Carr’s.  I didn’t bring my suit because I didn’t feel like getting wet and cold but still had fun playing games and visiting with everyone.  We have the best ward ever!  We ran to Great Clips after so Blake could get a haircut and they did a surprisingly good job!  When we got home I had a nice soak in the hot tub to help with my aches.  All my nights were pretty rough while I was sick!

    Wednesday morning I slept in again and took it easy.  I don’t last long sitting around, I get a bit stir crazy.  I decided to head to the gym for a bit and do some easy cardio.  I ran a few errands after.  Blake and I went to the temple after he got off work and then we went to Lindsay’s ultrasound.  I’ve never seen an ultrasound before and so it was so much fun to see their little cutie (they are due in Oct but not finding out the sex).   I can’t believe how amazing our technology is and that we can see facial features so clearly on the 3D ultrasounds!   We all grabbed dinner after at Fat Cats.  Blake and I headed to Nick’s softball game after.  
Blake fills in every once and a while when guys can't make it.  It was fun to watch and play with Boston and Easton!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup’s and was so sick all day, it was miserable.  I finally decided it was time to get myself a prescription because I was NOT getting any better.  I met Blake for dinner at Olive Garden because soup sounded so good!  We went to the Days of 47 rodeo after with Aubrey and Eric, so fun!  I love watching rodeos!  They had a painted horse contest, I loved the giraffe one!
Those guys are nuts!  Blake, aka my cowboy, is always in heaven with anything involving horses!

    Friday morning I went boating with some girlfriends in the ward for one of their birthdays, Janine.  The weather and water were perfect and we had a blast!  
We all played behind the boating, went swimming and had a delicious lunch!  So grateful to have so many fun people in our neighborhood!  When I got home I cleaned the house and packed our bags.  Blake got off a little late so I made sure I had the car all packed up and ready to go!  We headed out the minute he got home.  We stopped for dinner at One Man Band Diner and it was yummy as always!  We snuggled and watch tv when we got to the condo until we fell asleep.

    Saturday morning we slept in and then went to breakfast at my favorite, The Egg and I.  Of course we had to go to Orange Peel after!  We layed out at the pool for a bit but it was a little cloudy and so we decided to ride the tote gote.  We filled the tires and Blake rode around for a bit and we discovered that it had a hole in the tire and so we couldn’t go.  
We decided to go check out Tuacahn after because Blake hasn’t ever seen it.  We grabbed Orange Peel round 2 and went back out to the pool for a bit.  
We laughed when we looked in the garbage in the condo, it summed up our day pretty well.......lots of orange peel and lots and lots and lots of nose blowing I just cannot kick this bug!
While we were getting ready Blake ran to get something out of the car and found a nail in my tire and so he took it to get fixed……….they found 5 nail, a piece of glass and a piece of wire in 3 of my 4 tires haha.  I have to clue where they came from or how long they’ve been there, thank goodness my husband takes good care of me!  When he got home we headed to Vegas for our big show!  We grabbed dinner at Harley Davidson Café for my favorite meal ever, their corn chowder mmmmmmm!  
We headed to the Wynn after and we both had butterflies in our stomachs we were sooooo excited.  We bought Garth Brooks tickets ages ago and couldn’t not wait to finally see it!  
We walked in to the smallest theater and all that was on stage was a guitar, a stool and 2 water bottles.  
The show was better than we could have even hoped for!  His voice is amazing and sounds just like his CD.  He talked all about his life, the artists that influenced him, sang some of their music, sang his music and his wife Trisha Yearwood even came out to do a duet.  He is hilarious and kept us so entertained the whole time.  We didn’t want to show to ever end.  Blake of course had to get a souvenir CD/DVD combo pack with all the greatest hits and music videos.  
We listened to the CD over and over the rest of the trip.  We went to Steve and Kari’s house after (Sandy’s cousin) that live in Vegas.  They were sweet enough to let us stay at their house so we didn’t have to drive back to St. George that night.  We’d never been there and so it was really fun to see!  We stayed up and chatted with them for a bit which was really fun, they’re the best!

    This morning we got up pretty early and headed back to St. George.  We went out for breakfast at Bear Paw and then headed straight to the pool.  It was over 100 and I was in absolute heaven!  Nothing beats laying out at the pool in St. George, the hotter the better!  I was so sad when we had to head inside and pack up our stuff because it was so nice outside!  We cleaned the condo, packed up and hit the road.  Of course we’re blasting Garth and singing as loud as we can the whole way home, what a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Garth looks awesome! What a fun little get-a-way! We should do those more often. Let's get on our camping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete