Saturday, October 20, 2012

First Half Marathon!

    Blake was out of town all week so I made sure to plan every single minute of the week so I wouldn't have to sit alone at home and think about how much I missed him!  I hate when we he leaves so much especially for a whole week!  Thanks to all my fun friends and fam that kept me entertained all week!
      
    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  We got off really late so it was a much shorter visit than I'd like but I had to run and meet my girlfriends after.  I went to dinner at Los Cucos with some hygiene friends and it was super fun.......maybe a little too much fun.....a couple got seated by us and asked to be moved 2 min after sitting down haha!  Ashlee is getting so close to having her little boys and I am sooo excited for her!  When I got home I tried to keep myself busy around the house and didn't go to bed until super later so that I would be super tired and fall right to sleep.  It worked!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's and then went to the gym.  It was my brother-in-law Travis' birthday so I ran out there after to take him a little treat.  They were going to St. George that weekend and would be gone over Taylor's birthday so I brought his present too.  He wanted a slap watch really bad, which is surprisingly hard to find.  I got him one and he was in heaven!  I love that boy to pieces!!!  After I left there I headed to Orem to spend the evening with Lisa.  I hate living so far from each other but we've done pretty good making sure to spend as much time together as possible!  We're kinda weirdos and so of course what would two friends do when they get together, go to the gym haha!  It's free, we can burn off all the calories we are going to eat at dinner together and we can have some great chats, its perfect!  What better way to get back all your burnt calories than a nice Cafe Rio dinner!  After Rio we headed to Plato's Closet, my new fav store!  She is the BEST bargain shopper ever and so I love to go with her and have her help me!  After dinner we hung out at her house for a bit because I was in no hurry to get home and then I headed home to my lonely house.
     
    Wednesday morning I went running and then worked at Dr. Johansens.  After work I went to visit Grammy and Grandpa for a bit.  For dinner I met my high school BFF Mandy, who I have not seen in WAY too long!  It was so fun to catch up on life, so much had happened since we last saw each other!  I adore that girl and I'm so grateful for our friendship!  We talked til the restaurant closed and we got kicked out haha.  When I got home I busied myself around the house until I was exhausted enough to fall asleep.

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's and then went running in Centerville.  I headed to Whit's after to pick up Sadie.  I was sick of sleeping alone so I recruited Sadie and Meredith for a girls night!  Sadie had to pee 5 seconds after we hit the road but I made her hold it until we got to Fashion Place Mall where Nicole and Mikko were with Meredith.  Luckily we made it!!  The minute the girls saw each other they got the biggest smiles on their faces and held hands skipping out to my car, cutest ever!  They chatted non stop the whole way home!  When we got home we made some dinner and then got in the hot tub.  
Of course it was necessary to have a dance party!  You can tell Meredy has an aunt that used to be a Cougarette teaching her dance moves.....Sadie has me haha bless our hearts!

After the dance party we started the movie Hairspray.  Jamyn introduced Mers to this movie a few months ago and it her favorite movie EVER!  She knows every word to every song.  Sadie loves 1: anything Meredith does and 2: anything involving singing and dancing.  So the girls were in heaven!  We painted nails and the girls decided we needed to do this beautiful design and all be the same, so pretty!
We made some beds on the couch and made some popcorn.  I cannot believe how much popcorn those two little bodies can hold!!!
Of course no sleepoever at aunt RyRy's is complete without a toothbrushing party!
I had the girls sleep in bed with me because I was sick of sleeping alone!  Sadie brought a dream light and I have to admit I kinda want one!  They are these cute stuffed animals that project stars onto the ceiling, so awesome.  The girls slept great but kept hitting and kicking me all night haha!
It got a little crazy in our bed!

    In the morning we woke up pretty early and took Meredith home because my fam was going to the witches breakfast at Gardner Village.  We went last year and had so much fun that we decided to do it again!  Gardner Village goes all out for Halloween and its a blast!  Our little witches meeting the big witches.
Grandma and Sandy came too and they got very into the dance show as you can see haha!
Sadie and Easton got to join the rat choir
Our witch and vampire, soooo cute!
Spencer and Sadie
This boy is the happiest ever!
Look at those bright blue eyes!
Brother and best buds! Basically whatever Boston does you can be sure that Easton will be doing the same so it was no surprise he wanted to be a vampire like his big brother!
Girls and kids day.  We shopped around for a long time and had a lot of fun!  I met up with my girlfriend Emmy and finally got to met her little boy Leo, he was a doll!
I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry, cleaning the house and grocery shopping.  Blake flew in that morning at 8 but had to go straight to work, LAME!  I didn't get to see him until after work and was SOOOOO excited to run up and give him a big kiss!  We just wanted to be together all night and so we had a kicked back night at home and made home made alfredo so I could carb load before my big race.  We watched tv and snuggle, it was heavenly!

    Earlier this year I signed up for a half marathon with my friend Kelsi.  The race happened to be when I was EXTREMELY sick and there was no way it was going to happen.  I was devastated.  She was kind enough to sign up for another one with me and I'm sooo glad we did because it was a blast!  Since it was a fall race they started a little later but it was still dark and chilly when we got there.  Lindsi and David also joined us for the race, we were all super pumped!
I had a brilliant idea to keep my head warm without buying an expensive running headband (that I'd just throw off during the race when I warmed up).  I found this lovely hat at All A Dollar and cut the top of and made my own headband, I know I'm super classy!
Kelsi and I ran together and she made me run WAY faster than I ever have, she is an animal!  We made awesome time!  Around Mile 9 she started getting awful sideaches and had to slow down.  I stayed with her for a bit but then went ahead because there wasn't much I could do.  Blake said he was able to spot me in a second because I run like a retard...fantastic!
Crossing the finish line was the greatest feeling ever! (This time was started when the full marathon began so my official time was 2 hour 6 min....WAY faster than I'd ever imagine I could possibly do!)  This was my first half marathon and definitely NOT my last!
So pumped!
Could you ask for a better prize waiting for you at the finish line?!?!
Whit came to watch and Sadie wanted to but unfortunately the race was sponsered by Chick-Fil-A.  Sadie is more terrified of their cow mascot than anything in the world, kinda awesome.  I took this picture to show her how nice the cow is.  After you crossed the finished line they had fried chicken sandwichs, REALLY?!? Who is craving that after running for 2 hours!!!
My sweet Grandma, mom and sister all came together.  So fun to have a little cheer squad at the end!!!
We all finished and live to tell the tale!
So happy it's over!
And the best pic of the day for sure!!!!!!
Blake went up to Rockport after with the fam to seed where the future lake house is going to be.  I was a bit tired so I headed home to kick back for a bit.  I had some lunch, soaked in the hot tub and took a nap.  It was glorious.  While waiting for Blake to come home I decided to throw up this blog!  What a fun day I had today, hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so fun!! lol and you motivate me to hit the gym. That video of the girls dancing is hilarious :) just love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first half marathon! They are incredibly addicting. Your blog is darling.

    ReplyDelete