Sunday, October 28, 2012

Birthdays, Scheels and U Game

    Another fun week going a hundred miles an hour!  Saturday night some Africa friends were in town so we decided it was necessary to have a reunion!  I still can't believe its been 4 years!  All our lives have changed so much and it's so crazy to catch up and hear about everyones adventures.   Please notice the foot in my hand......James lost all his toes in a garage door accident while working up in Jackson hole......as you can see the stories you hear at these parties are unbelievable!
 It's always crazy when we all get together but I love all of them so much!  This was Blake's first Africa party and he fit right in with the crew!  We were having so much fun and before I knew it it was well after one!  Blake and I never stay out that late but we were just having WAY too much fun!!!

    Sunday I got to be in the Young Women's presidency at church.  I could not be more excited!  I love all the women I will be working with so much and can't wait to get to know all the girls!  This is going to be a super fun adventure!  That night my family brought dinner to Grandpa's rehab center and had a birthday dinner for Eddie.  We stuffed our faces and had a lot of fun together!  Here's the birthday boy getting some help blowing out the candles!
 This is how we keep the kids entertained when we are in grandpa's room visiting haha, these 3 are bff!
 The rooms aren't very big so we have to be creative.....this is Kath sitting on grandpa's chair that goes over the toilet haha!
 We visited with Grammy for a bit after and then headed home so Blake could watch his favorite, The Walking Dead.  I of course was in the other room trying to distract myself from the scary sounds!

    Monday I worked at Dr. Sand's office and then went to the gym.  We met Thomas, Bre and Londyn that night for a celebration dinner for their new baby BOY!!!! We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet their little guy!  We ate at Porcupine grill because it's Oktoberfest because apparently they've got legendary beer cheese soup, it was definitely pretty amazing!  We went over to Pres and Sandy's after with Pres and Jamyn to try and plan some fun adventures for this summer!

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen's office and then went running after.  I attempted making some homemade caramels and they actually turned out pretty good!  I went over to visit with grandma and grandpa for a bit.  Later that night all of the Millers met at the rehab center for Grammy's birthday.  We had some delicious Olive Garden and partied all night.  It was so fun to celebrate Grammy.  We love her so much and are so grateful to have her in our lives!
 We can't get enough of holding sweet baby Eleni!
 Love you Grammy!
 We had to leave a little early and go renew our temple recommends because now that we've been married two years it was time to renew our recommends!  When we got home we were both freezing because of the big storm so we got right in the hot tub!

    Wednesday morning I went to the gym before work and then went to Dr. Johansen's.  That night we were supposed to go to the temple but I wanted to make dinner first.........I tried very hard.  As usual we had a few kitchen disasters.....aka dark brown sticky fig balsamic sauce exploding EVERYWHERE....twice...yep I'm that good!  3 hours later we enjoyed our delicious dinner, goat cheese stuffed pear chicken with fig balsamic sauce, alfredo risotto and cranberry feta honey asparagus.  It was good but by the time we ate the last temple session was well over haha!  It was still chilly outside so we got in the hot tub again, nothing beats a hot tub session when it is freezing outside!

    Thursday I woke up to a ton of snow....ugh I HATE driving in the snow.  Thankfully I woke up super early so I didn't have to go super fast.  I had to drive all the way to Centerville and the roads were nightmarish.  A lot of the way you couldn't see the lines on the freeway and there were cars off the road everywhere.  I made it there safe and sound and worked the rest of the day at Dr. Dastrups.  I came home and had some quick leftovers from dinner the night before and then headed to our first young women's meeting.  We had a stake meeting first and then met as a presidency after.  I really can't wait to work with these great ladies!  What better way to end the night than of course some h-tubbing!

    Friday morning I went to my mom's to pick up my grandma.  She's been spending the night at my mom's most every night because she can't be home alone while grandpa is at the care center.  My mom is the most amazing daughter.  She is so selfless and would do anything for anyone.  Everything she does, she gives 110%!  My grandma came along with me to the grocery store and then hungout at my house while I did a few things around my house.  I took her home around 11:30 so she could meet with Gail, the sweetest lady that spends the afternoons with her and makes sure she takes all her pills.  I ran some more errands, voted early and went to the gym.  I met my girlfriend Alisha for lunch.  She came straight from her husband's work party so her cute little Savannah was dressed up in her costume.  She was the CUTEST little lamb ever and Alisha made the entire costume, that girl is amazing.
Someday she'll have to teach me how to be super mom like her!  When I got home I did stuff around the house until Blake got home.  Pres and Jamyn were watching Tay and Chase and invited us to come party with them.  We went to dinner at Pei Wei and then to Scheels.  I'd never been there before and it was amazing!  They have a ferris wheel, a huge fish tank and the coolest gear for everyone.  I definitely started taking notes for Christmas!  The boys (big and little) were in heaven!
 Me and Jamyn love it too!
 Before we left we had to ride the ferris wheel.  Jamyn rode with Tay and I went with Chase....bad idea if you are afraid of heights haha!  It was fun but a little scary at the top when Chase would rock our chair!
 When we left Scheels Blake and I weren't tired....weird I know!  We decided to hit a ten o'clock movie.  We saw Pitch Perfect and were dying laughing the whole time!  Definitely one to add to everyone's must see list!  When we got home we were laying in bed chatting and decided to read our patriarichal blessing.  It was really need to share those sacred blessing with each other.  It's amazing how personal they are and how you find new things everytime you read them.  How grateful I am to have married a righteous preisthood holder that makes me want to be a better person.

    Saturday morning Blake woke up at 4:45 to meet with Preston to go Duck Hunting.  It's so perfect when your best friend happens to be your brother too.  They'd rather be together than with anyone else.  They always have so much fun and I'm so grateful they have such a great relationship!  I slept in a little and then went running.  There is nothing that can ever compare to running on a cool sunny day.  I love the smell of the fall leaves when you run over them.  I am sooo addicted to running and just can't get enough of it!  I ran to Costco and then met Blake at home and we made some lunch before heading off to the temple......make-up session from my dinner disaster!  We did sealings and it was really neat.  When we got home I headed off to a shower for Brooke, a girlfriend from high school.  It was fun to see all the girls and catch up on life.  After the shower I headed to Pres and Sandy's and we headed to the U game with Preston and Jamyn.  This was our first U game this year and it was so much fun.  I LOVE going to those games!  The Utes beat Cal and it was a super fun game!  Love these games with my favorite Utes fans!
It was a late game so we went right to bed when we got home.

    Our church has now changed to one o'clock so now we're just relaxing before church.  Today will be my first Sunday in Young Women's, hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment