Wednesday I went running before work and then went to Dr. Johansen. I went straight from work and met Blake at Macie's soccer game because we were watching Lauren and Travis's kids for the night. This is the cute face that met me when I arrived. I can't get enough of Hadley, I wanna eat her up!!
Macie was super excited to show off her skills!
After the game we went to dinner at Sizzler. Macie had to go potty after dinner.....Aunt RyRy helped her get dressed after....whoopsies!
When we got home we got all cozied up and watched Flicka. They are the cutest kids ever and we had so much fun with them!
Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup's office. After work I went straight out to the hospital to visit Grandpa. While he is in the hospital we are each taking turns spending the night with Grandma so she doesn't have to be alone. That was my night so I took her from the hospital and we headed to City Creek. Whit and her kids met us there. We shopped til we dropped and then had dinner at the food court.
Sadie and Grandma sharing a treat
When I got home Grandma didn't have a key. Finally we located a key only to find whoever had left last.......Whitney hahahaha......locked the screen door from the inside and there is no way to open it from the outside. Grandma was super frustrated and kept repeating that they don't lock the screen, but I guess sometimes other people do haha. It was cold and Grandma was getting frustrated and kept telling me she didn't want to sleep in the car, neither did I! I tried moving a garbage can to climb on and slide in a window with no luck. Finally Kath came to the rescue and we picked the lock with a bobby pin.
Our sleepover was quite an adventure. Grandma didn't want to sleep alone so we shared her bed and that was a party! Good thing grandpa has hearing aids and can't hear her snoring haha, they are a perfect pair! In the morning grandma went to town cleaning her yard, and the neighbors, and the sidewalks and the road. She is a little busy body and LOVES to clean! She got really nervous when she saw the garbage can under the window (because it caved in when I stood on it). She thought someone had tried to break in I made us some yummy banana bread for breakfast and we wrote in her journal about our day and night together.
She has the most beautiful handwriting EVER!
Her nurse came over a little after 11. I was in my gym cloths ready to go home and run when I got a call from Blake. His Grammy had fallen the night before and broke her femur and was at IHC hospital.
I swear if its not one thing its another! This has definitely been a year full of hospitals. I went right over to see Grammy before her emergency surgery. Pres and Preston were able to give her a blessing and most all of the fam was able to come spend some time with her before she went in bc her surgery kept getting pushed back. Finally a little after 5 she went in. It was a LONG surgery and they had to put a rod in to fix the break. She's definitely got a long road of recovery ahead! I ran to the grocery store and Costco and then met Blake at home. We grabbed dinner at Pizzeria Limone and then went to see Taken 2, which was great!
Saturday morning I pretended I was a Sullivan and joined them as a "sibling" for their family team for a 5k at Wheeler Farm. It was a little chilly when we started but it warmed right up!
You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful run! I got all giddy about running and a 5k just wasn't enough.....so I ran another 5.5 when I got home! I was in heaven and felt like I could have ran all day! Love this beautiful fall weather! I met Blake at home and we headed straight downtown to meet Christian. He is our friend from Germany that traveled with us during our Europe trip. He came last minute for conference and so we wanted to meet up with him. We gave him a scrapbook of our trip and had a yummy lunch at Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious and sooo fun to see him! After lunch we walked around City Creek.
The weather was perfect and we just relaxed in the sunshine and chatted. We left in such a hurry and I didn't get a chance to stretch after all my running so I decided to stretch right there and Blake couldn't stop laughing at his crazy wife!
We made the rounds after. Grammy first but she was still pretty out of it and really tired so we didn't stay super long. We went to see Grandpa after. He was doing SOOOO much better. Mentally he's pretty much back to where he was before, we just have a little ways to go still to get him back physically. We took him for a little walk outside because it was so nice.
LOVE these boys!!
Sunday was our real anniversary. We woke up and made our favorite banana pancakes and scrambled eggs, SO yummy! We kicked back and watched conference all snuggled up together. The cute Lake kids all made us anniversary cards and gave us treats.
I swear those kids are the cutest kiddos EVER! We are so incredibly lucky to have them as neighbors!!! Still can't believe it's been 2 years! I love my handsome boy more than words can describe!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment