Monday, December 3, 2012

Rock and Roll Half Marathon


Last Sunday Whit and Eddie had us over for dinner, along with my mom and Grandparents.  We stayed and watched tv after for a bit.  It was a fun night being all together.  On our way home we stopped and visited Scott and Lindsay and held Eleni.
    
    Monday I worked at Dr. Sands and then went to the gym.  That night we went on a double date with Tanisha and Steve at our favorite, Pawits.  That is one of me and T’s favorite restaurants for sure!  After dinner we stopped and visited with Sandy for a bit. 

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansen’s office and then running.  My girlfriend from dental hygiene school, Ashlee, had her twins the day before so I went to hold them and it was heavenly.  Ashton and Grayson, nothing better than holding 2 precious brand new babies, I could have stayed there all night!
 They may be twins but they look completely different!
 These are the 2 big sisters that are going to be the best helpers!  What a perfect little fam!
 Later that night we went to dinner with Thomas, Bree and Londyn at a great little Mexican place.  We adore them and had a lot of fun being together!  When we got home we had to soak in the hot tub for a bit!

    Wednesday morning I went to the gym and then I worked at Dr. Johansens.  That night I had young womens.  I let the girls choose our activity and they wanted to go to the mall and find modest cloth.  They were in heaven and we had a lot of fun together!  I love my calling more and more everyday!  When I got home that night Blake and I had a pow-wow with DJ and Kelsi to plan the details for our upcoming race!  After we figured things out Blake and I had to get in the hot tub!

    Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrup.  After work I went straight to the Festival Of Trees to watch Macie perform.  Everyone came and it was so fun.  Parks was in heaven watching the dancing girls!
Macie was in heaven on the stage and did a great job.  I LOVE that cute girl! 
Our cute girlies!
The proud momma
Laur, Hadley, Lindsay and Eleni.....our 2 new Miller additions this year
We walked around after and looked at all the fun trees.  I really look forward to going there every year!  We all went to get frozen yogurt after and it was delicious!  Meredith had been asking forever if she could have a sleepover.  I’ve never met a child that loves sleepovers more than she does.  She asks everyone everytime she sees them if she can sleepover.  She gets so sad when she can’t and thinks it so dumb that everybody has to work so much…..I agree!!!  When we got home we hottubbed and watched movies.  She’s the easiest kid and we love sleepovers with her!

    Friday morning Blake had to go to work but Mers and I got to sleep in, it was glorious.  We did some chores around the house and then I met up with Nicole to give back Meredith. I went for a run after.  It was SOOO windy and so it was a tough run!  I met Jamyn after for lunch at Pizzeria Limone.  Can’t beat amazing pizza with your bff!  We haven’t had a good girl talk in a very long time so it was super fun!  How lucky am to have such awesome family!  When I got home I finished up laundry and packed my bag.  Blake got home and packed fast and then DJ picked us up and we headed to Orem to get Kelsi.  The 4 of us drove down together and my mom and Whit drove down a bit behind us.  When we got there it was pretty late so we watched tv for a bit and then hit the hay. 

    Saturday morning the boys went golfing and us girls went running on our favorite trail.  We ran some errands and then met the boys for lunch at Mad Pita, the best Greek ever!    The girls hit the road to Vegas after and the boys had a man date for the rest of the night.  They watched football, napped and ate a sports bar……what more could a boy ask for??? Us ladies got to Vegas late afternoon and went straight to check in to the classy Circus Circus.  We threw our bags up in the room and then headed to the fitness expo.  It was like the Christmas expo but with everything for running you could ever imagine, it was heavenly! 
We spent a few hours there and had a ton of fun.  We ran to dinner at the cutest café after and sat and talked forever.  It felt good to just sit back and relax.  The boys had a sleepover together in the condo at St George and us ladies spent the night at Circus Circus and all slept in. 

    Sunday morning after we checked out of our hotel we headed over to Belagio to see the Christmas garden, it was so gorgeous! 
That entire bear was made of flowers!
 After we did a little shopping at Fashion Show Mall.  We had our pre-race lunch at Nordstroms Café.  The boys It was amazing but we were all starting to get major butterflies.  My girlfriend from Dr. Sands office, Christy, met up with us to head over to the race.
The greatest 2 husbands in the world!
They were starting to close the strip down so driving was starting to get a bit hectic.  When we got to the race we could not believe how many people were there, Blake thinks it was at least 50,000……seriously it was insane!  
The entire strip was closed on both side, it was nuts.  They started us in different corrals.  We were corral 23 so it felt like we were waiting forever!   It was impossible to all stay together so Whit and mom ran together and I ran with Kelsi.  It was the most incredible run I’ve ever done!  Live music everywhere, a perfect flat couse, the lights of Vegas……seriously what more could you ask for.  I was grinning ear to ear the entire time!  I was so excited to see my cute husband’s face at the finish…..although he was hard to spot because the crowd was enormous and never ending.  After dropping us off our cute husbands drove the cars to the finish line….which took over and hour because of traffic.  They worked their way up to the front of the crowd and waited over and hour and a half for us searching the crowd the entire time for our faces.
WE MADE IT!!!
The amazing prize waiting for me at the finish:)
At the finish line we got sooo much food I could barely hold it all in my arms.  I definitely ate and drank way too much way too fast!  My only regret was not doing the full marathon because I didn’t want to be finished at the end! We all finished and lived to tell the tale.  I can’t believe what an animal my mom is!
We met up with my cousin Mandy after who did the race with a girlfriend.  Kelsi and DJ headed back to St. George right after the race because they had to leave super early the next morning. The strip was closed pretty much for the night so we had to walk everywhere.  Thankfully none of us were to sore and it actually felt pretty good to just walk and relax our legs.  We walked to my favorite restaurant, Harley Davidson Café for some AMAZING corn chowder…..it is off the charts!
           After dinner we headed back to our car.  It was a bit of a walk but we were all doing totally fine thankfully!  We hit the road and still had some major adrenaline so I made sure to keep Blake awake the whole ride…..by singing at the top of my lungs and giving arm and back tickles.  We got back to St. George about 2:30 am.  I felt so salty and yucky so I had to shower before I could go to bed. 

    This morning DJ and Kelsi hit the road at 6 make it home in time for DJ’s internship, such a dedicated boy!  I was sad we didn’t even get to say goodbye because we were all out cold!  Blake met up with Gordon to go golfing.  While they were gone Whit, mom and I met one of Whit’s girlfriends, Heather, and her son for breakfast at the Egg and I mmmmm I love that place!  After breakfast we headed back to Corral Canyon to pick up Blake.  It was such a gorgeous day and he had a lot of fun!  We ran a couple errand and then went back to the condo to hot tub while my mom went running…..seriously that woman never ceases to amaze me!  When she got back we all packed up our stuff and headed to grab an Orange Peel for the road, glorious! We just got home and I thought I'd blgo while Blake catches himself up on the Walking Dead, his new favorite show.  What a wonderful weekend with my favorite people!

1 comment:

  1. way to go girl!! that's so fun! What was your time? We totally should run a half together. I need a running buddy!!

    ReplyDelete